Hey all, just wondering if there is a messaging app that still allows group texting to function normally. I've read other threads about issues with group texting and much of those posters' problems are attributed to having another messaging app installed on the device. I would like to replace the stock messaging app, as it's kinda laggy and slow. Thanks!
    08-23-2013 10:53 AM
    Welcome to the AC forums! This may not be the solution you're looking for, but I use Hangouts for this. The stipulation is that the people you're contacting have to be using Hangouts as well.
    08-23-2013 11:02 AM
    Hey all, just wondering if there is a messaging app that still allows group texting to function normally. I've read other threads about issues with group texting and much of those posters' problems are attributed to having another messaging app installed on the device. I would like to replace the stock messaging app, as it's kinda laggy and slow. Thanks!
    Give Textra a try! It's an awesome replacement app for the built-in messaging app. You can find it on the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.textra
    Once you install it go into the settings and check the box next to "Use MMS for Group Chats".
    fantom305 likes this.
    08-23-2013 03:07 PM
    I installed Textra and it works great (thank you very much), however [I think] when I get a group text, Textra gives me a notification that says "can't receive MMS" due to some APN settings. Do you know of a fix for this?
    08-23-2013 04:16 PM
    I installed Textra and it works great (thank you very much), however [I think] when I get a group text, Textra gives me a notification that says "can't receive MMS" due to some APN settings. Do you know of a fix for this?
    What carrier are you on? You may have to manually configure your APN settings under the MMS Settings. I'm on Verizon so Textra auto detected my settings.
    08-26-2013 02:35 PM
    nevermind, I just had to mess with the mobile data settings on the app. works perfect now. thanks again!
    08-27-2013 10:40 PM