Ive recently purchased a 64gb sd card to replace my 32gb as I was running out of room. Whenever I plug my phone in to transfer the files from the 32 and the phone to the new card my computer crashes, and when ever I plug in the 32 to transfer the files to the computer and then the new card not all the files are there. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-24-2013 11:56 AM
    Hey, welcome to AC. I'd recommend getting on wifi on your phone and dropboxing them. Upload the files, swap cards, download the files, delete from DB, swap cards, repeat. That's how I'd handle it.
    08-24-2013 12:01 PM
    Use your PC alone by plugging both cards directly into it and make sure on your PC you've turned on "display all files/folders" aka "show hidden files". As you've experienced, there are hidden files that are not picked up. The phone will still protect system files/folders when used as an intermediary. Transfer files in batches if the PC cannot handle a large move job. Some android apps can create folders that look like they're just 2MB, but are actually 4,000 512b files and **** off some slower PCs.
    c blaize likes this.
    08-24-2013 12:17 PM
    Hey, welcome to AC. I'd recommend getting on wifi on your phone and dropboxing them. Upload the files, swap cards, download the files, delete from DB, swap cards, repeat. That's how I'd handle it.
    Yeah me too but this assumes some they have the space on drop box to do it. If they don't then they have to move a little at a time and delete then repeat. Could get tedious and messy. But drop box is my go to for backup and file transfer. I have 75gb of space lol.

Posted via Android Central App
    c blaize likes this.
    08-24-2013 12:55 PM
    Ive recently purchased a 64gb sd card to replace my 32gb as I was running out of room. Whenever I plug my phone in to transfer the files from the 32 and the phone to the new card my computer crashes, and when ever I plug in the 32 to transfer the files to the computer and then the new card not all the files are there. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try this app. Its basically a utility that clones storage mediums. I saw some good reviews on xda for it. You could also do a Google search to find other apps that attempt the same. Other than that what you're doing is what I would do. Old SD > computer then computer > new SD.

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

c blaize likes this.
    08-24-2013 12:58 PM
    id like to thank everyone for the help. i ended up just compressing all the files and doing the original SD> computer> new SD although for the next time i think ill just start off with the highest capacity
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    08-24-2013 05:44 PM
    I guess I take my 50gb account for granted, lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    08-25-2013 10:22 PM
    Try this app. Its basically a utility that clones storage mediums. I saw some good reviews on xda for it. You could also do a Google search to find other apps that attempt the same. Other than that what you're doing is what I would do. Old SD > computer then computer > new SD.

HDDGURU: HDD Raw Copy Tool

i just tried the tool mentioned and even though i got the transfer of files done none of the files are showing up. or the a folder shows up but its completely empty inside my phone isnt encrypted. some of the folders have a micro sign replacing the first letter and others with a "." im really getting frustrated
    10-05-2013 11:37 AM