Hello,

I own a Galaxy S4 since the 01/06/2013. I've never had any problems with it until some days ago.
    It started rebooting by itself whenever I was using it. I can't turn it on unless I remove and put the battery back in. Sometimes it doesn't even work.

The only way for it to boot properly is by being plugged in. I restored it to the factory settings but the problem was still there.
    I did another reset this morning, didn't install any apps besides Gmail. It was working fine until I started installing the Facebook app, it shut down directly.

I plugged it in to uninstall the app, it was working again. I started installing some other apps to see if Facebook was the problem, it shut down again.

I managed to get a screenshot of the battery before and after installing the apps : Link

You can clearly see when it shut downs and how low the battery is afterwards.

What do you guys think ? Faulty battery ?

Thanks in advance !
    08-26-2013 09:37 AM
    Battery's definitely done. Additionally, you can give it the spin test. If you can push own on one corner of the battery and spin it, it's swollen from wear and tear. Replace it ASAP as further use may turn that swell into an exploding battery.
    Tele_Phone and Rusu Ionut like this.
    08-26-2013 10:20 AM
    Just did the spin test, it is indeed starting to swell. Ordering a new one right away. Thanks for the info !
    08-26-2013 11:23 AM
    Hi can you please let me know if your problem was solved by replacing battery as I'm having the exact same issue. thanks
    10-10-2013 01:15 AM
    Hello,

I own a Galaxy S4 since the 01/06/2013. I've never had any problems with it until some days ago.
    It started rebooting by itself whenever I was using it. I can't turn it on unless I remove and put the battery back in. Sometimes it doesn't even work.

The only way for it to boot properly is by being plugged in. I restored it to the factory settings but the problem was still there.
    I did another reset this morning, didn't install any apps besides Gmail. It was working fine until I started installing the Facebook app, it shut down directly.

I plugged it in to uninstall the app, it was working again. I started installing some other apps to see if Facebook was the problem, it shut down again.

I managed to get a screenshot of the battery before and after installing the apps : Link

You can clearly see when it shut downs and how low the battery is afterwards.

What do you guys think ? Faulty battery ?

Thanks in advance !
    Same problem... After it shuts down, it goes on a boot loop now and the only way to make it right is by
    plugging the charger.

Did changing the battery solve the problem? I just got this August 3, 2013 so it's only over 2 months old. Pretty annoyed since I live in Nueva Ecija, Philippines and we've been struck pretty bad by a typhoon recently and then this happened to my phone.

And before anyone says anything about warranty... Samsung Service Center is in Manila. Normally it's a 4 hour drive away but now that disaster struck on the region, I am not so sure. Samsung there makes it a policy to take your phone away for a week to diagnose the problem and make you come back after 1 week, by which they will say what happened. I cannot afford to lose my phone for a week.

Hi can you please let me know if your problem was solved by replacing battery as I'm having the exact same issue. thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2013 09:37 AM
    Samsung has released S4s with a very high number of faulty batterys.

Someone posted this link in the other thread:

Samsung Galaxy S4 battery problem hitting users Phone Reviews

Its a Samsung quality control issue. Complain to them.
    10-13-2013 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD