HTC One or Wait for S4?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S4 units where I live are all out of stock, so I decided to purchase one online from Negri Electronics. I've never ordered from them but I've read a lot of positive reviews so I decided to go ahead and place an order for an unlocked S4. During the day it was in stock I unfortunately wasn't able to purchase it, I had to wait until the next day because of an issue with my credit card. The next day when I was about to add it to my cart it was already on backorder. I sent an email to Negri Care asking about when they usually stock backordered products, they said they expect this specific unit to become available in 2-3 days and that I should place an order now if I want to get it in the coming batch. So I went ahead and placed an order for the backordered S4. My order changed from pending to processing about 30 minutes after I placed the order, I thought they already got new stock but that wasn't it. Fours days have passed but my order still had a 'processing' status. I sent them an email and they said that at this time this unit is on backorder and that they are unable to confirm when it will be available. I didn't believe it, this was the exact same guy who told me to place an order because additional stock is in transit. I replied by saying that I was told you'd restock within 2-3 days, I got a reply from a different CS rep., he apologized for the inconvenience this has caused, he stated that the S4 is a popular device and that they should have more stock soon but the delay may be 1-2 weeks. He said that due to its high demand, their suppliers have sold out and they're working on sourcing more stock. As of today it's been exactly 8 days. Should I cancel the order and get an HTC One (since it's available) or should I should I trust them when they say they'll have more stock within 1-2 weeks and wait for the S4?

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Really cant go wrong with either one depends on a few factors

Do you take a lot of pic's , need an external SD card? Galaxy s4

Do you consume a lot of media and listen to music? HTC one

If your going to root and flash Roms I believe it is easier on the HTC one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I do take a lot of pics. I won't be storing any music on my phone and no, I will neither root or flash roms. The HTC One looks like a really solid smartphone but to be honest, I want the S4 more than I want the One. The camera is much better plus I need an SD slot. Negri have discontinued selling some of the S4 models so I'm afraid they'll do the same with the unit I ordered and all the wait would be for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Kerti

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I actually made a topic like this about a week ago and after hearing people's feedback, I have the S4 and love it. The phone feels nice in my hands, the display is gorgeous, I love the camera, runs extremely smooth, you can add an SD card, etc. There's so much you can do with this phone and overall I'm extremely happy I went with this over the HTC One.

At the end of the day, like I was told, the only person who can really can tell you whats the better option for you is yourself. Go to a local best buy, or any cell phone store and play with both models. I think you'll be satisfied with either model.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had both and actually prefer the HTC One over the S4. That's just my opinion though.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

cindylee60

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
HTC One is a beautiful phone. but I love my GS4...for all the things stated above, but also for the removeable battery. I'm the type that hangs on to phones until they die. I'll usually have a phone for 3 or 4 years. It's great to be able to buy a new battery and totally rejuvinate your phone after a couple years (and not to have to feel like you need to baby the battery either!) A removeable battery will always be high on my list with electronics...sad that it's a feature that seems to be going away.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
At the end of the day, like I was told, the only person who can really can tell you whats the better option for you is yourself. Go to a local best buy, or any cell phone store and play with both models. I think you'll be satisfied with either model.

I know that the GS4 is the better option for me. As I stated in my initial post, the GS4 is sold out here but fortunately my brother owns one and I've played with it and really love it. But this wasn't my intention behind creating this thread. I wanted to know what you guys think, whether I should wait till Negri gets more stock hopefully in the next 6 days (as I stated, my order is already placed so as soon as they restock, they'll ship the unit plus this is my first time ordering from them and I don't really know if they're reliable so I want people's opinion) or whether I should go ahead and get an HTC One. Like I said, the One looks really nice but if it wasn't for the 4MP camera then I won't be hesitating as much. I need a smartphone before school starts (Sept. 8). Hopefully, they restock and ship before then. I emailed them hours ago but it seems like I won't be getting a reply back. I've emailed them twice before and they've always replied to my emails fast, but not this time.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to local digital store last Sunday and walked through both of the devices. What I found was the display and the features GS4 comes with is unbeatable but if somebody wants a phone with good audio stereo speakers, metal body and Betts r looks then Htc one is the choice.
Now when it comes to camera -
Htc one take a better pictures than gs4 in low resolution and also takes sharper pictures.
While GS4 takes the better pictures in daylight plus the details are so clear. For example even when you zoom in you hardly lose any pixels.
The additional features - air gestures, smart pause, smart scroll and some solid built in softwares. The gs4 takes on the competition hands down.
I would also buy GS4 if I were you.

Sent from my GSIII

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Both are good phones, I don't think you can go wrong with either! I prefer all of the stupid little gestures the s4 does so that is why I traded my phone. But if I still had the One I'm sure I would still be happy with it. I've always preferred samsung phones though over any other brand.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
When I had the S4 I had that dreaded lag. Did the update and installed nova launcher and it did help the lag someI liked all the gesture features but after a week I rarely used them. I hated how the camera lagged when opening it and the gallery. Other than that it was a great phone. Then I got the htc one and was impressed on how sharp and bright the screen was. True and not oversaturated colors. The speakers were great and the phone had no lag. I was hesitant on the camera but found it took great pics. Only think it suffered was the zoom. This is just my opinion if the 2

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
When I had the S4 I had that dreaded lag. Did the update and installed nova launcher and it did help the lag someI liked all the gesture features but after a week I rarely used them. I hated how the camera lagged when opening it and the gallery. Other than that it was a great phone. Then I got the htc one and was impressed on how sharp and bright the screen was. True and not oversaturated colors. The speakers were great and the phone had no lag. I was hesitant on the camera but found it took great pics. Only think it suffered was the zoom. This is just my opinion if the 2

So no lag in Htc one? Yeah, this is still the problem with Samsung devices it lags while opening gallery and performing few other tasks. I hope Htc neve lags just like an iPhone.

Sent from my GSIII

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
This has been a very consistant phone on all ends. Very pleased.

10 Gauge

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I was experiencing stuttering and lag on my S4 as well.... I recently enabled 3 settings in developer mode that seems to have completely gotten rid of all of it however. Still waiting to hear if it helps anyone else, check the most recent lag thread for the settings I enabled.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Really cant go wrong with either one depends on a few factors

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I still don't understand S4 system of storage, you can't play music from SD card? Only internal memory?
If yes,custom roms can't help?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I woke up this morning and checked my email. They've replied back saying that they are still awaiting the arrival of these units and that they're doing their best to source them and that since there is no stock at the moment they want to ensure my satisfaction with their service by shipping out a 16GB model along with a free 32GB micro SD card. I appreciated this offer but I said I'd wait for one more week and if they still can't get more stock then I'll send an email confirming the cancellation of my order because 16GB is not enough for my needs. So if a week passes and still no S4 then I'll get the HTC One.

Thank you guys for the replies so far.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here regrets getting the 16GB model?

Are you able to store apps on the SD card? I've read people having issues saving apps on the micro SD card which is mostly why I don't want to get the 16GB.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I was experiencing stuttering and lag on my S4 as well.... I recently enabled 3 settings in developer mode that seems to have completely gotten rid of all of it however. Still waiting to hear if it helps anyone else, check the most recent lag thread for the settings I enabled.

Hey matt. Can you post what settings did you enable to get rid of the lag in the developer options?

Sent from my GSIII

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781