Seeking feedback: What do you prefer

MODCASE

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, finally we have our Galaxy S4 cases available in a wood + polycarbonate composite design....but on top of this we are exploring the idea of introducing all wood cases for the S4

I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on all-wood cases?
In terms of design, they will have a black back just like our composite cases but a thicker all round profile. We are looking to construct them out of bamboo due to it's density profile and ability to withstand impact better than some of the more brittle woods...but to keep things unique we will be staining it differently so it won't even resemble bamboo in the slightest.

Is an all-wood case to bulky for the S4, or does the added layer of protection make it worth it?
Are there any features or design keys you are dying to see in a case (not just a wood case, any case design) that we can try to incorporate into our concept designs?

The most effective way of providing what you, the users, want is to listen to you and your feedback...we are keen to hear what everyone has to say on here!

MOD-CASE

1239808_318180231659925_7047184_n.jpg

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think all all wood case would be interesting. Sometimes I like a little extra bulk. Also it'd stand out from the sea of tpu cases most people use.

Posted via Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That looks pretty cool. I'd like to see some pics with a phone in the case to get a better idea of the thickness and bulk. Now, most cases I've ever used are put on or taken off by flexing the plastic. How would this work with wood?

MODCASE

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That looks pretty cool. I'd like to see some pics with a phone in the case to get a better idea of the thickness and bulk. Now, most cases I've ever used are put on or taken off by flexing the plastic. How would this work with wood?

If I could take a decent photo of my own phone in one of the cases I would haha
Head over to MOD-CASE and you can see a photo with a phone in it hopefully within the next 24 hours...the product shot photos are just being clipped before upload.

The composite case adds hardly any bulk, honestly I feel just enough to allow for a good grip on the phone - and the combination of a flat back panel and vertical polycarbonate sides makes it sit in the hand and feel awesome!

With installation of our composite cases - we always recommend putting on side of the phone in the only slight flex is needed to pop the other side in...the beauty of wood is that it can handle some flex without any issues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol