What app are you using to block texts when you are sleeping?

blue lion

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a few friends that don't understand that my phone is never turned off. I've received more than my share of wake-up texts at all hours.
Is there a way to keep texts and calls from coming in during certain hours? I tried the Silent Time app but it either doesn't work or I don't know what I'm doing.
Thanks.

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a few friends that don't understand that my phone is never turned off. I've received more than my share of wake-up texts at all hours.
Is there a way to keep texts and calls from coming in during certain hours? I tried the Silent Time app but it either doesn't work or I don't know what I'm doing.
Thanks.

Why not just turn your volume to silent?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I also use blocking mode. My wife, work, and close family are on the exclusions list and are the only calls/messages allowed between 12a and 7a.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Blocking mode did not offer enough options for me.

For the last few years I have been happily using an app called "Bedside". It works really well and allows you to set up whitelists for who can call.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=net.geekherd.bedsidepro2&token=ByWSL1tJ

I've recently uninstalled it though. The latest Light Flow update includes a sleep mode option...which lets you set certain people/notifications as "allowed through sleep mode". Then there's a Light Flow widget for sleep mode that I hit before bed, which basically blocks anything that's not allowed through sleep mode. It works just as well as what Bedside was doing for me, and I didn't need an extra app.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Man if only texts could wake me... That little bing just doesn't do. It takes a few rings of a phone to wake me up :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
NFC Task Launcher. Does more than just NFC. You can set time based events too. I have weekday bed, weekday awake, and same for weekends but different times. Turns off notification sound and light but allows phone calls to ring.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Tasker. I have a task set up to go to silent mode between 10 PM and 6 AM while charging. I always set the phone on my Qi charger before bed, so it goes to silent mode as soon as I dock it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I either put it on silent or airplane mode! :thumbup::D

I only sleep from 4 to 6 hours a night. Dammed if someone is going to mess with my precious sleep time!!! :eek::banghead::banghead:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!