So this is the first day ive had my phone at work. This thing has made my right leg sweat. The phone is constantly hot. The battery temp ranges from 93-96 degrees in stand by mode. I basically just check my phone every now and then for new texts and emails. But this thing stays hot in my pocket all day. So wtf? Is this normal? When I reach into my pocket to grab my phone, the screen is hot, but there will be hours in between checking my phone. Ugh, sorry, trying to post this at work.
    08-27-2013 08:57 PM
    So this is the first day ive had my phone at work. This thing has made my right leg sweat. The phone is constantly hot. The battery temp ranges from 93-96 degrees in stand by mode. I basically just check my phone every now and then for new texts and emails. But this thing stays hot in my pocket all day. So wtf? Is this normal? When I reach into my pocket to grab my phone, the screen is hot, but there will be hours in between checking my phone. Ugh, sorry, trying to post this at work.
    How's your signal at work? If it's low, the phone is working overtime to find a suitable signal strength. How long have you had the phone and has your battery drain been normal?
    08-27-2013 09:20 PM
    Well, the signal is garbage but im on wifi calling at work and home. Ive had the phone about a week now. Im going to test the battery against my n4 on my day off. I just havnt had it long enough to judge the battery, although, it seems to be the same, if not alittle bit worse than my nexus 4's battery.
    08-27-2013 09:34 PM
    Was trying to gauge if you were the victim of the all too common software update glitch that causes battery drain and overheating. After a week, you definitely would've noticed something by now. Next time you're at work, check the battery app and see if anything stands out, though you may need one of the more robust ones to check CPU usage specifically.
    08-27-2013 10:22 PM
    Ive been using that gsam battery app. My nexus 4 only heated up like this after heavy usage. Kinda seems like my battery goes down one percent every minute of usage. Weird. I dont think its that much but since typing this reply, the battery went down 2 percent. Hmm.
    08-27-2013 10:51 PM
    If your phone got the Apps2SD firmware update and your battery life seems to average 6-8 hours with little to no usage, you may be a victim of the software bug. Logging out of your Google account and wiping the data and cache of Google's apps (Store, Play Services, etc) seems to work for some, otherwise a factory reset is best. But that's only if those conditions apply.
    08-28-2013 12:06 AM
    If your phone got the Apps2SD firmware update and your battery life seems to average 6-8 hours with little to no usage, you may be a victim of the software bug. Logging out of your Google account and wiping the data and cache of Google's apps (Store, Play Services, etc) seems to work for some, otherwise a factory reset is best. But that's only if those conditions apply.
    This is most likely the issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    08-28-2013 12:48 PM
    Is tbere a way to see if I received the update? I just cant gauge if theres a battery issue or not. Ive had my phone such a short time, but it just feels as though the battery is not working as intended. Maybe I should just take it back and exchange it? I have 14 days from the day I received it. I have like 6 days till that expires.
    08-28-2013 01:32 PM
    It would help if we knew your carrier and what version your phone is: Settings -> More... -> About device -> Software Version.
    08-28-2013 03:16 PM