I have some music set as ring tones and alarms. Is like to remove them but I have no idea how. Can anyone help me out with this? There's always an option to add music to alarms and tones, but not an option to remove them. I've checked in my music folder, music app, alarms, and ring tones. No luck with either of those.

If someone can just help me out I'd really appreciate it. I've searched the Web as well v still no resolution.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-27-2013 11:54 PM
    Question...

How did you originally go about selecting these particular ringtones and music? Was it a 3rd party app from the Google Play Store or some other service?
    08-28-2013 11:12 AM
    Negative. I selected the song through the music app on the phone from options>>Set As.

08-28-2013 11:23 AM
    Hmmm....

If you were to return to the music app would it still should this ringtone/song under the Set As option?

Basically wondering if you went into your Apps/Manage Apps and clear defaults on there if it would reset it..... Just a thought.
    TTheInfamous1 likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:54 AM
    It willv still say set as. Clearing defaults. .. Hmmm, that might work.

08-28-2013 12:21 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you simply go to the Sounds submenu under the main settings menu and pick whatever standard sounds your phone has available for the ringtone and alarm sounds?
    08-28-2013 01:13 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you simply go to the Sounds submenu under the main settings menu and pick whatever standard sounds your phone has available for the ringtone and alarm sounds?
    Yes you can. But you can also set songs as ring tones and alarm alerts, which is whati did but a few of the songs I want to delete.

08-28-2013 08:37 PM
    Yes you can. But you can also set songs as ring tones and alarm alerts, which is whati did but a few of the songs I want to delete.

It wasn't clear if you wanted to change the sound or actually delete the sound file; it now sounds like you want to delete the sound file, which is a totally different operation from changing your default sounds. You'll need to find the sound file in your storage (either internal phone storage or external SD card, depending on how you're set up) and delete it using either the stock file browser or a file browser app (or your computer if you attach the phone with USB with the phone storage showing up as a disk drive).
    rfortson likes this.
    08-29-2013 07:32 AM
    Yes that's what I want to do. I tried looking for the file in my storage but still haven't located it. I'll have to keep looking. Android is really new to me. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Slowly.

08-31-2013 10:19 PM