Does Google now fall under Google services?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to pin down why Google services has been keeping my phone awake overnight. So I was wondering if its Google now.

I tried searching for this information and just found a bunch of Google now on iPhone articles.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't turn off Google Now and it doesn't keep my phone awake at night. I barely lose 10-15% while I sleep. Did you by chance enable the option for waking up from the lock screen with voice commands?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to pin down why Google services has been keeping my phone awake overnight. So I was wondering if its Google now.

I tried searching for this information and just found a bunch of Google now on iPhone articles.

Thanks in advance

Settings/more/location services <--- disable "use wireless networks". This cut down on the wakelocks from Google Play Services by about 95%...but of course I lost that feature, which I would prefer to have.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't turn off Google Now and it doesn't keep my phone awake at night. I barely lose 10-15% while I sleep. Did you by chance enable the option for waking up from the lock screen with voice commands?

I actually only lost 10% over 5 hours but Google services held the phone awake for 40 minutes.

Is this feature on by default because I know I didn't turn it on but I also didn't turn it off.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My question isn't really how to stop Google services its if Google now is indeed lumped under Google services tho

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually only lost 10% over 5 hours but Google services held the phone awake for 40 minutes.
That sounds about right for the current version of Google Play Services if you have Access location and all Google Now cards enabled. It's considerably less than it used to be.

If the problems is only at night then the simple solution is to just plug in your phone. Otherwise you can manually disable that stuff at night.

If your only question is whether or not Google Now falls under Google Services there is a lot of evidence that the answer is yes, but I'm not sure if we have conclusive proof or not.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That sounds about right for the current version of Google Play Services if you have Access location and all Google Now cards enabled. It's considerably less than it used to be.

If the problems is only at night then the simple solution is to just plug in your phone. Otherwise you can manually disable that stuff at night.

If your only question is whether or not Google Now falls under Google Services there is a lot of evidence that the answer is yes, but I'm not sure if we have conclusive proof or not.

Thank you! I don't think the battery loss is severe or anything I was just curious why Google services suddenly increased even more than it has been over the past few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad