12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Definitely the Galaxy S4 is not as the iPhone, it's Light Years Better!!! :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-04-2013 08:54 PM
    Me too. No problems so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-05-2013 10:46 AM
    I have no problem conceding that Facebook for iOS blows the pants off of Facebook for Android. It's one reason I think the Facebook phone and launcher are so hilarious. Their app is notoriously bad for Android, yet they want me to buy a phone or use a launcher based around their app?

My favorite is when you hit the back button while on your news feed and it takes you back to an outdated feed. If I reload a page in a browser and hit back it doesn't "unload" the page back to the outdated version. Why would the programmers at Facebook think their app should work like that?

All that considered, considering how popular Facebook is, I'd actually say that could be a valid point on why someone should pick an iPhone over an Android phone. It's probably a lot bigger deal than a lot of things we're talking about.
    Facebook on iOS is terrible from my experience (NOTE: I'm using it on a iPod touch 4G). It's slow, hangs a lot, crashes, locks up. In fact it has a terrible rating in the App Store. Facebook on the S4 is seriously quick and doesn't lock up. It works.
    09-05-2013 01:17 PM
    Facebook on iOS is terrible from my experience (NOTE: I'm using it on a iPod touch 4G). It's slow, hangs a lot, crashes, locks up. In fact it has a terrible rating in the App Store. Facebook on the S4 is seriously quick and doesn't lock up. It works.
    You're just lucky. The Facebook blows chunks on every platform I've ever used it on. Android is especially infuriating because pictures won't load unless in on wifi. At first I thought it was my service or phone but my friend on att with an s3 has the same issue.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    09-05-2013 02:15 PM
    From what I've read it's starting to sound like facebook is best avoided altogether.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4
    Shanicenicolle and DroidArmy like this.
    09-05-2013 02:43 PM
    You're just lucky. The Facebook blows chunks on every platform I've ever used it on. Android is especially infuriating because pictures won't load unless in on wifi. At first I thought it was my service or phone but my friend on att with an s3 has the same issue.

I hadn't commented on any Facebook apps posts yet, but I was thinking the exact same thing. Coming from an iPhone, the Facebook app sucked on it too. And every update seemed to cause bugs, which would be partially fixed in another update... and then the cycle would start all over again. It's just not a great app in general on any platform.
    09-05-2013 05:41 PM
    I hadn't commented on any Facebook apps posts yet, but I was thinking the exact same thing. Coming from an iPhone, the Facebook app sucked on it too. And every update seemed to cause bugs, which would be partially fixed in another update... and then the cycle would start all over again. It's just not a great app in general on any platform.
    Overall, anything Facebook programs just sucks. Their programmers are probably people they picked up on the side of a home Depot and threw a keyboard in front of. Even if they fix an issue, there's always a brand new one!
    09-05-2013 06:00 PM
    Weird! Facebook works great on my GS4. However, on my last phone; the Motorola Photon, Facebook worked sometimes and other times just sucked! :what::banghead:

Aquila likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:26 PM
    I keep trying to reinstall the Facebook app, but no matter what, the comments are still stupid.
    STARGATE and slim6596 like this.
    09-05-2013 09:38 PM
    Lol! ^

09-05-2013 09:44 PM
    This is the very reason people root. Don't go bashing android without trying out its true potential by rooting. And lag? Very little on my phone, and it's only in bad apps like Facebook (shame on them for not fixing that yet). In my opinion, Android crushes ios. But hey, this isn't the place for a android and ios fight.

Posted by The Android Central app
    which OS does Facebook fix it for? 2.3? 3.X?, 4.1? 4.2? 4.3? 4.4? If they fix it for one version, doesn't mean it will fix it in another. Hell, even google releases most stuff for the iPhone before they do their own OS because it's too much work to make it work on all the fragments of android. think 2.3 is still The most used version of android. (since nearly zero of those phones ever got an update)
    Fixing facebook for the most used fragment won't help people with a new phone with 4.2.2
    09-05-2013 11:21 PM
    which OS does Facebook fix it for? 2.3? 3.X?, 4.1? 4.2? 4.3? 4.4? If they fix it for one version, doesn't mean it will fix it in another. Hell, even google releases most stuff for the iPhone before they do their own OS because it's too much work to make it work on all the fragments of android. think 2.3 is still The most used version of android. (since nearly zero of those phones ever got an update)
    Fixing facebook for the most used fragment won't help people with a new phone with 4.2.2
    Devs tend to create apps for API Level 'n and above'. So if you're on API level 18, any app that's made for 15 and above should work great on your device, etc.
    09-05-2013 11:26 PM
    Mine has lasted roughly 20 hours before requesting a recharge
    How can you have that 20hrs? Is it heavy use or medium? My S4 lasting for 10 hrs with probably 5 hrs screen on

Posted via Android Central App
    09-06-2013 03:18 AM
    My phone lasts only about 10 hours, but I'm a heavy user with the screen all the way up. It all comes down to how you use the phone

Posted by The Android Central app
    Mine -S4- is pretty similar. When screen on, it is about 10% consumed an hour. is it good or bad?

09-06-2013 03:22 AM
    Mine -S4- is pretty similar. When screen on, it is about 10% consumed an hour. is it good or bad?

It's not amazing, but it's not a problem. Mine is about the same so yeah it's fine
    09-06-2013 08:29 AM
    How can you have that 20hrs? Is it heavy use or medium? My S4 lasting for 10 hrs with probably 5 hrs screen on

That's mine too. I guess is pretty normal with my medium heavy to heavy use. :thumbup:

DroidArmy likes this.
    09-06-2013 09:24 AM
    I'm just happy getting thru a work day which was not happening on my iPhone. I use my phone A LOT

09-06-2013 09:32 AM
    That's mine too. I guess is pretty normal with my medium heavy to heavy use. :thumbup:

It usually takes me 2 charges to make it from 6 am to midnight, it's not that bad. It works well for me and my schedule so I don't mind topping it off mid-day when needed
    09-06-2013 11:04 AM
    Yup, I know what you're saying.

09-06-2013 11:34 AM

My use probably qualifies ad light to medium. Not much gaming as I don't like the heat (regardless of how normal it may be). There's quite a lot of screen use though. A lot of WiFi activity, Facebook, internet and some texting. If I do half an hour to forty five minutes gaming (Real Racing 3 or Shadow Gun) think I get 18 hours or so. This last full charge I got 27 hours with 3 hours of screen time and constant WiFi connection. The phone was on constantly the entire time (except when I was checking if the alarm worked when off) Although the antivirus triggers power save when I hit 10 percent

Posted via Galaxy S4
    09-06-2013 12:40 PM
    It usually takes me 2 charges to make it from 6 am to midnight, it's not that bad. It works well for me and my schedule so I don't mind topping it off mid-day when needed
    When I bought S4, I whished to have 24 hrs with heavy use . But, actually the phone was not designed for that. I thunk, 10 hrs contoinuous use would be fine

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    09-06-2013 05:31 PM
    Yea, I wish I could go a whole day from 7 am to 12 midnight with my heavy use!

But it's ok, I normally get 9-13 hours of medium heavy to heavy use on my phone.
    Most of it on 4G LTE, I get less when I'm working on places with no cellular signal to hardly any signal!

09-06-2013 09:02 PM
    After knew what people experienced on S4 battery, I should accept it. Useless to complain. Just enjoy to use S4 capability. Anyway, it's awesome phone. Glad to have it.

Sent from Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-07-2013 10:36 PM
    As I said before; there's no perfect phone for everyone, just the perfect, or almost perfect phone that works for you!

Each of us has different needs or want certain stuff. So we have to choose our devices depending on those wants and needs.

qxr and Uselessbass like this.
    09-08-2013 08:17 AM
    As I said before; there's no perfect phone for everyone, just the perfect, or almost perfect phone that works for you!

Each of us has different needs or want certain stuff. So we have to choose our devices depending on those wants and needs.

You are correct. The thing I've found out is there is no perfect phone yet. There's always going to be something you don't like. Maybe that will change within the next few years, but for now that's the truth. You just have to pick the best out of the ones available.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-08-2013 09:16 AM
921 ... 1213141516 ...