12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    You can buy music from amazon? I didn't realize that..........I should.....I have a kindle. lol
    09-11-2013 10:22 AM
    I tried switching from a 4s to a Galaxy Nexus. It was a painful experience. The Android apps (the ones that work) are much worse quality than iOS. Music and Photo syncing is a Lot more work. Car integration is non-existent, except for using an aux cable. Samsung radios are so bad I could not even make phone calls where the iPhone had no problems.

There were just so many things wrong with switching I wound up going back to the iPhone 4S within a month. I'm also looking forward to getting iOS 7 in a few weeks. How many 2 year old Android phones still get updates when they are 2 years old?

I encourage you to try Android, but don't get rid of the iPhone just yet. Fast CPUs and a big screen don't equal happiness. And as far as openness, I found the Android system so locked down with locked bootloaders and Verizon bloatware that saying Android is open is a joke.

Just so you know, my house had been mostly Android since e OG in 2009 - OG, DroidX, Droid X2, Eris, Incredible, Incredible 2, GNex, two Nexus 7s. We never kept any of the phones for more than a year due to various frustrations ( still have the Nexus 7s though). My iPhone 4S is our first iPhone in the house and I still love it after almost 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Ha, how many Phones do Apple have? no wonder they can keep updating them all the time when they only stick to the same phone year after year.
    09-11-2013 11:03 AM
    Ha, how many Phones do Apple have? no wonder they can keep updating them all the time when they only stick to the same phone year after year.
    Apple has only made a few phones within the past years, less than a dozen (I'm ballparking that because I don't really care). They can't keep up with the competitors. That doesn't however mean the phones they make are bad, they're just lacking. Apple hasn't innovated in such a long time (and for those who bring up the 5s, that's not that amazing either).
    09-11-2013 11:48 AM
    Apple has only made a few phones within the past years, less than a dozen (I'm ballparking that because I don't really care). They can't keep up with the competitors. That doesn't however mean the phones they make are bad, they're just lacking. Apple hasn't innovated in such a long time (and for those who bring up the 5s, that's not that amazing either).
    No Apple's phones are not lacking. They're lacking for someone that wants an Android device because they're not Android devices. The fact that their phones and tablets are a consistent known quantity is part of why their app ecosystem remains consistently better than ours.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    09-11-2013 12:42 PM
    A 64 bit processor in a device that small isn't amazing? I'm not entirely wowed by the 5s and will keep on using my s4 but people are downplaying the heck out of the processor because it's apple.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    09-11-2013 01:57 PM
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-5...ews-17536.html

Interesting. Wouldn't this have been awesome to see in the Moto X instead of people complaining about its camera technology. Again...if Apple can how come X can't? ...instead of talking about how a firmware update can fix the Moto X's camera.

Can someone explain?

09-11-2013 02:14 PM
    Why iPhone 5s Will Kill Your Point-and-Shoot Camera - Tom's Guide

Interesting. Wouldn't this have been awesome to see in the Moto X instead of people complaining about its camera technology. Again...if Apple can how come X can't? ...instead of talking about how a firmware update can fix the Moto X's camera.

Can someone explain?

If Motorola can make a processor dedicated to always-on voice recognition, and have a low power, "Active" display that's larger than the iPhone then why can't Apple do the same thing?

The two companies spent their time developing different aspects of the phone. The iPhone takes better pictures, the Moto X does more while idle and has a larger screen.
    09-11-2013 02:36 PM
    No Apple's phones are not lacking. They're lacking for someone that wants an Android device because they're not Android devices. The fact that their phones and tablets are a consistent known quantity is part of why their app ecosystem remains consistently better than ours.

+1
    Apple phones are designed to do what they do smoothly and consistently, and they do that better than anyone. Also, the updates on iPhones are consistent, and not held back by carriers and fragmentation. What will the S4 be running in 2 years, when the 5S is updating to iOS 9 just 10 days after announcement? Possibly KitKat?
    Now I love Androids just as much as anyone, but I will admit that Apple has their stuff together when it comes to satisfying their customers, whether it be timely updates every year or customer support ( which no other phone manufacturer comes close).
    Why do you think that they are #1 in customer satisfaction polls year after year?
    09-11-2013 02:47 PM
    A 64 bit processor in a device that small isn't amazing? I'm not entirely wowed by the 5s and will keep on using my s4 but people are downplaying the heck out of the processor because it's apple.

No it isn't, not when there is no need for it yet. It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
    Praise ARM for the 64 bit processor (which again: would of come independently of Apple).
    09-11-2013 03:02 PM
    No it isn't, not when there is no need for it yet. It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
    Praise ARM for the 64 bit processor (which again: would of come independently of Apple).
    But if Android had released it first, the fanboys would be singing it's praise.
    09-11-2013 03:32 PM
    But if Android had released it first, the fanboys would be singing it's praise.
    Great argument.
    Again no need for 64 bit. If you can name one example of why 64 bit is needed right now, let me know.
    09-11-2013 04:18 PM
    Great argument.
    Again no need for 64 bit. If you can name one example of why 64 bit is needed right now, let me know.
    I think I saw that the immediate use would include the fingerprint scanner functions, and photo editing.
    09-11-2013 04:20 PM
    I think I saw that the immediate use would include the fingerprint scanner functions, and photo editing.
    I saw the updates on events, and have read some on the Iphone 5S. The fingerprint reader does not require 64 bit processing even fingerprint scanners (I've had a couple I used under 32 bit OS), do you have an article on this perhaps I haven't read it.

Photo editing in regards to what, sorry again haven't heard of this apart from in higher end systems for processing very heavy video renders. I have heard of improvements of shutter speeds, and focusing but that's due to a chip on the SoC of the A7 that handles those tasks.
    qxr likes this.
    09-11-2013 04:55 PM
    Great argument.
    There's a new 64-bit version of the Reality Distortion Field app that provides over 57x the reality distortion of the original iPhone. A lot of people are gonna go nuts for it.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z "The Sleeper Dohickey
    09-11-2013 05:29 PM
    You don't need a 64-bit processor for either...
    09-11-2013 08:43 PM
    Too much yada, yada, yada...
    The iPhone isn't still better then the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. Like every new device, this one has newer shiny upgrades, but is not better.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-11-2013 08:48 PM
    Too much yada, yada, yada...
    The iPhone isn't still better then the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. Like every new device, this one has newer shiny upgrades, but is not better.

Thanks for clearing that up! It's been going on for 15 pages.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-11-2013 09:37 PM
    Okay, so my S4 isn't as good as an iPhone. Fine. I still like it better.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    totosch likes this.
    09-11-2013 09:50 PM
    There's never a need for anything until it becomes mainstream and the need is made. Tvs weren't necessary, you could get your entertainment on the radio. It could have come independently of apple but it didn't. And I'm sure when things become optimized for it and android grabs on within the next couple of years you'll be singing a different tune.

09-12-2013 05:01 AM
    let me clarify:

some like a i phone, some like a galaxy, some like a nexus.

now hug each other and go to your room.
    Laughinghyena likes this.
    09-12-2013 05:07 AM
    It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
    Obviously, they did do it. It's in the iPhone, and no others.

And when it comes to Android, it will be the greatest thing ever.
    09-12-2013 05:14 AM
    Aquila and STARGATE like this.
    09-12-2013 06:08 AM
    Stereotyping the stereotypes

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    STARGATE and GrooveRite like this.
    09-12-2013 06:13 AM
    That video made me laugh so hard!!!

GrooveRite and Aquila like this.
    09-12-2013 08:02 AM
    "We did an over the air update and billed your itunes account.......your welcome!!".......LMAO!!!
    STARGATE, qxr, Aquila and 1 others like this.
    09-12-2013 08:16 AM
921 ... 1314151617 ...