12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    "We did an over the air update and billed your itunes account.......your welcome!!".......LMAO!!!
    Priceless!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-12-2013 10:14 AM
    "We did an over the air update and billed your itunes account.......your welcome!!".......LMAO!!!
    Lol awesome .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-12-2013 10:24 AM
    Great video. Too funny.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-12-2013 10:29 AM
    S4 not as good as an iPhone
    You're right, it's 'not as good as an iPhone'...it's better!
    09-12-2013 12:41 PM
    I think that depends on how you qualify "better". If better is something that's very simple, just works great outta the box and is small than the iPhone might be better. If better is defined as bigger screen and a more flexible, more customizable experience than I think few would see the iPhone winning that battle.

This is why its almost laughable to say which one is "better". ...as they depends on what's important to the one using it. For some people "better" is defined by what their peers apply more value to. My typical teenage stepdaughter would likely use this as a criteria to define "better". My wife likes her iPhone 4s "better" than my S4. Is she supposed to be "wrong"? Most of the things I like about my S4 would turn her off...she has no desire to tinker with or customize her phone. Ever.

The iPhone will never be outright "better" and neither will an android or windows phone. Its subjective and "better" is in the eyes of the beholder. The best you can do is what is "better" for YOU or someone who is trusting you to decide for them (older parents...younger kids).

"better" that's laughable.

That's like me saying this here Note 8.0 is "better" than someone's iPad Mini. It would be ignorant for me to make such an assumption.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-12-2013 01:00 PM
    I get what Haal is saying, I even agree to some degree, but, I disagree a little with some of that statement too.

Anyway! :beer::beer:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-12-2013 01:08 PM
    We can say that a device has faster or more capable hardware but does that make it better? I've been reading that this Moto X has lower-end hardware but is "better" than the HTC One and S4. I don't care for the Moto X ...not even a little bit. To me its not "better". So what now...I'm wrong?

The Order Odonata...there can be only one.
    09-12-2013 01:23 PM
    <snip>
    Only am iSheep hiding as an Android user would come up with that argument.
    09-12-2013 01:25 PM
    If you check the customer satisfaction ratings for several years, and the customer retention rate, they would point to iPhone being better. If you look at the number of problems in the S4 forums, as opposed to the iPhone 5 forums, it would point to the iPhone being better.
    But "better" to me means what is best for each user, as everyone has their own likes and dislikes. So, just get what suits you, and roll on.
    09-12-2013 02:06 PM
    Only am iSheep hiding as an Android user would come up with that argument.
    You may be new here so I'll let that go. Don't let my objectivity fool you.

qxr likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:54 PM
    If you check the customer satisfaction ratings for several years, and the customer retention rate, they would point to iPhone being better. If you look at the number of problems in the S4 forums, as opposed to the iPhone 5 forums, it would point to the iPhone being better.
    But "better" to me means what is best for each user, as everyone has their own likes and dislikes. So, just get what suits you, and roll on.
    Ive seen plenty of first hand problems with iphones and android. And bb and wp no electronic is perfect.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila and STARGATE like this.
    09-12-2013 03:56 PM
    I think that depends on how you qualify "better". If better is something that's very simple, just works great outta the box and is small than the iPhone might be better. If better is defined as bigger screen and a more flexible, more customizable experience than I think few would see the iPhone winning that battle.

This is why its almost laughable to say which one is "better". ...as they depends on what's important to the one using it. For some people "better" is defined by what their peers apply more value to. My typical teenage stepdaughter would likely use this as a criteria to define "better". My wife likes her iPhone 4s "better" than my S4. Is she supposed to be "wrong"? Most of the things I like about my S4 would turn her off...she has no desire to tinker with or customize her phone. Ever.

The iPhone will never be outright "better" and neither will an android or windows phone. Its subjective and "better" is in the eyes of the beholder. The best you can do is what is "better" for YOU or someone who is trusting you to decide for them (older parents...younger kids).

"better" that's laughable.

That's like me saying this here Note 8.0 is "better" than someone's iPad Mini. It would be ignorant for me to make such an assumption.

I think you just explained in one post what the last 16 pages of this thread could not do.

I have both the S4 and the IP5, there are features I like and dislike on both. I use the IP5 for music (because of Itunes) and its my work phone. I use the S4 for my personal phone and for its camera and file organization because I find I cant organize it the way I need on the IP5. its like buying a car, you will not find one with every option your think you need, so its a compromise. The only thing I would like to see is Apple be a little more innovative with their phone, the new IP5s and c release is not very impressive, it in no way made me want to go in and upgrade my current IP5, where as each new android phone makes me consider upgrading. This is the difference I see between the two companies. The Android phones that keep coming out are like new sports cars, each with its own new take on speed and power. Whereas the Iphones just feel like the same model with a new paint job and a tune up. Nothing new to impress. One of the most talked about features on the new Iphone was the finger print scanner, I thought wow, my old HP Ipaq PDA had that many years ago. Not an impressive feature. I am interested in seeing how things improve with IOS7, hopefully if fixes the lag on my IP5. With Apples share of the market at only 13% to Androids 79% one would think they would be dropping phones that are far more impressive to work its way better into the market.
    09-12-2013 04:35 PM
    Ive seen plenty of first hand problems with iphones and android. And bb and wp no electronic is perfect.

But Androids are the most problematic of all.
    09-12-2013 05:22 PM
    Thats an opinion because ive seen more broken and defective iphones. My galaxy nexus lasted longer than my bros ip4s.

09-12-2013 05:33 PM
    Is that because they're most numerous of all? Could be related.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    qxr and Central n ohios best like this.
    09-12-2013 05:34 PM
    Thats an opinion because ive seen more broken and defective iphones. My galaxy nexus lasted longer than my bros ip4s.

I would venture to say that it is a fact.
    09-12-2013 06:06 PM
    Is that because they're most numerous of all? Could be related.

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    Possible, but not probable. It is because of a lot of the cheap junk that they put out, IMO. I'm not speaking of high-end specifically.
    09-12-2013 06:08 PM
    I would venture to say that it is a fact.
    I'd say it's a perception. We'd need data from the retailers, carriers and OEM's to get the facts.
    return_0 likes this.
    09-12-2013 06:09 PM
    Unless you have data from every single phone in the world that has gone under repair and compare it to the numbers sold from each OS, you can't prove that.
    09-12-2013 06:53 PM
    Unless you have data from every single phone in the world that has gone under repair and compare it to the numbers sold from each OS, you can't prove that.
    Let me rephrase that to say that evidently the Androids are more problematic than iPhones, based on return rates.
    09-12-2013 07:28 PM
    Let me rephrase that to say that evidently the Androids are more problematic than iPhones, based on return rates.
    Again different stats.

STARGATE likes this.
    09-12-2013 08:08 PM
    Too many factors go into return rates. Some just get a phone and dislike what they got. Then you have people who just trade phones with others. No way to really know those numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-12-2013 08:11 PM
    Too many factors go into return rates. Some just get a phone and dislike what they got. Then you have people who just trade phones with others. No way to really know those numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    I sure Android would hope that is the case, since their return rate is between 30% and 40%, and iPhone is 1.7%. This was in 2011.
    09-12-2013 08:36 PM
    Is kind of ridiculous that this argument is still going on when it boils down to different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    qxr and Central n ohios best like this.
    09-12-2013 08:47 PM
    Is kind of ridiculous that this argument is still going on when it boils down to different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    I totally agree. I'm out. God bless!
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-12-2013 08:52 PM
921 ... 1415161718 ...