12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    30-40% of Android devices get returned and only 1.7% of iPhones? Calling BS on both numbers. Unless one includes RMA's and the other doesn't, or one includes exchanges and the other doesn't, etc. there is no way they could be that far apart or that either could be that extreme. If you said one was 10% and the other was 12% that'd be interesting to debate, but that needs sources and some pretty heavy substantivity to claim that one has return rates lower than clothes and the other has return rates 15-25x that rate. We'd need to overcome the idea that people are people and behave similarly across similar markets. We're not comparing a BMW to a bicycle with a pink basket.

Many people talk about taking their iphone to a store and having it swapped on the spot for a tiny flaw or software issue. Is that counted as a return? What if they trade it for a Galaxy S4 or a Nexus? What it they trade the 4s for a 5? What if they buy a different device outright and sell the iPhone?
    09-12-2013 09:01 PM
    30-40% of Android devices get returned and only 1.7% of iPhones? Calling BS on both numbers. Unless one includes RMA's and the other doesn't, or one includes exchanges and the other doesn't, etc. there is no way they could be that far apart or that either could be that extreme. If you said one was 10% and the other was 12% that'd be interesting to debate, but that needs sources and some pretty heavy substantivity to claim that one has return rates lower than clothes and the other has return rates 15-25x that rate. We'd need to overcome the idea that people are people and behave similarly across similar markets. We're not comparing a BMW to a bicycle with a pink basket.

Many people talk about taking their iphone to a store and having it swapped on the spot for a tiny flaw or software issue. Is that counted as a return? What if they trade it for a Galaxy S4 or a Nexus? What it they trade the 4s for a 5? What if they buy a different device outright and sell the iPhone?
    Actually, I agree with you. Companies couldn't stand that kind of return rate. I went back to the article, and it cited "some sources", which is BS in my book. Sorry for not reading farther into it.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-12-2013 09:26 PM
    Actually, I agree with you. Companies couldn't stand that kind of return rate. I went back to the article, and it cited "some sources", which is BS in my book. Sorry for not reading farther into it.
    That being said, I'd love to somehow learn what the real numbers are because that'd help in our understanding of the pricing of devices.
    09-12-2013 09:27 PM
    But this is good news:

Apple continues to dominate for smartphone customer satisfaction - Android Community

A quote from the article:

Yes, that means not an Android device in the top two. Samsung does jump in at third with a score of 793. Taking a step back for a moment, lets take a look at what goes into these rankings. The key factors include performance, physical design, features and ease of operation. Anyway, rounding out the top five is Motorola and HTC with 792 and 790 respectively.

I
    09-12-2013 09:29 PM
    That being said, I'd love to somehow learn what the real numbers are because that'd help in our understanding of the pricing of devices.
    IMO, no company is going to release that info.
    09-12-2013 09:31 PM
    Let me rephrase that to say that evidently the Androids are more problematic than iPhones, based on return rates.
    So you have data from every single phone in the world for returns, then?
    09-12-2013 09:53 PM
    Yes. Yes, I do, but I'm not going to give it to you.
    You don't read all of the posts, do you? We are past that.
    09-12-2013 10:09 PM
    Yes. Yes, I do, but I'm not going to give it to you.
    That's just evil. You know how much I like numbers.
    09-12-2013 10:13 PM
    That's just evil. You know how much I like numbers.
    Lol! If you believe that I have all of that data, then I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-12-2013 10:27 PM
    Almost everyone I know with an iPhone, had a bad power button.
    09-12-2013 11:03 PM
    Yes we know iPhones are not good enough for many of us!

Now we're discussing some oceanfront property in Nebraska. :rolleyes:
    You want to buy it?

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Aquila likes this.
    09-12-2013 11:35 PM
    Great!
    Let's all have a beer now, shall we?! :thumbup::beer::beer:

qxr likes this.
    09-12-2013 11:38 PM
    Both of them?

Almost everyone I know with an Android had a bad phone, plus some that I don't know. So, there.
    09-13-2013 04:29 AM
    I haven't had a defective device yet except one Asus Windows PC

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-13-2013 04:35 AM
    Both of them?

Almost everyone I know with an Android had a bad phone, plus some that I don't know. So, there.
    I've had every iPhone (for no less than a day, at least), except for the 5s and 5c, and a few android phones (Evo 4G, Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, Note 2, and now, S4). I've not had any defects or problems with any...not even the Evo 4G and that's an HTC phone, if my memory serves me correctly. So I guess I'm either extremely lucky or some kind of freak (maybe a bit of both).

Sent from the Xperia Tablet Z
    09-13-2013 05:46 AM
    If Motorola can make a processor dedicated to always-on voice recognition, and have a low power, "Active" display that's larger than the iPhone then why can't Apple do the same thing?

The two companies spent their time developing different aspects of the phone. The iPhone takes better pictures, the Moto X does more while idle and has a larger screen.
    I just noticed this. Um...I see limited to no value in my phone being productive "while idle" as you put it. A phone that "does more while idle" seems like a waste of battery, but I know there's more to it than that. So, I think I'd opt for the better camera. ...if it weren't in an iPhone, that is.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-13-2013 05:53 AM
    I just noticed this. Um...I see limited to no value in my phone being productive "while idle" as you put it. A phone that "does more while idle" seems like a waste of battery, but I know there's more to it than that. So, I think I'd opt for the better camera. ...if it weren't in an iPhone, that is.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    Yes, I agree with you on that. :thumbup:

09-13-2013 07:24 AM
    I thought long and hard about leaving my iPhone. I wanted a change, a new style of phone. all of the comments I have read on this forum and others convinced me there was no reason to not change. oh dear what have I done!!
    As far as the operating system goes fine. but -
    - docking stations and chargers are limited. hardly any on the market
    - Kies, isyncr and other music transfer apps are awful. they freeze and crash, don't transfer what you want etc
    - Google play is awful - I buy a song but it stays in the cloud and can't listen to it unless with good signal etc. so I have to go through extra steps to download to the s4 direct. why it doesn't do that by default I don't know. once on the device I can only play using the default music player - can't find any downloaded Google play music on my rocket player. so I used iTunes to buy and download on my PC and then go through the painful process of transferring to my s4
    - battery life is appalling

as a camera it is superb and it is great to have an SD card. but I will be selling to fund purchase of new iPhone that has far better support in terms of ancillaries and download of music
    Charges limited? you can use any android charger and it works. I would recommend the 2 amp chargers. Dock station limited? for keyboards and monitors? there are so many options with bluetooth keyboards and hdmi cables you probably don't need a dock station
    Kies,isync? I don't use that. why cables? that's old school like iphones. Load your music to the google music cloud and play anything you want to the google music app. download straight to your phone if you want to.
    Google music player works great to play and download music from the music you buy. I exclusively used google music, it works great.
    Battery life is great. you must have sync on for every app or something.
    09-13-2013 10:16 AM
    I love my S4...it does everything I could want it to. I have ALL my music in iTunes and I have no plans whatsoever to change that. I use iSyncr and though it's not w/out it's idioSYNCracies it works well enough to get my music and playlists on all my devices. I just can't imagine going back to iOS. It looks like the Reality Distortion Field (RDF) may still have a slight grip on you...I know it can be hard to escape it. It took me multiple attempts myself.

Best of luck to you. Escape the RDF...the Matrix isn't real. Trust me.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    qxr, GrooveRite, Almeuit and 1 others like this.
    09-13-2013 10:39 AM
    I love my S4...it does everything I could want it to. I have ALL my music in iTunes and I have no plans whatsoever to change that. I use iSyncr and though it's not w/out it's idioSYNCracies it works well enough to get my music and playlists on all my devices. I just can't imagine going back to iOS. It looks like the Reality Distortion Field (RDF) may still have a slight grip on you...I know it can be hard to escape it. It took me multiple attempts myself.

Best of luck to you. Escape the RDF...the Matrix isn't real. Trust me.

Lol funny written post .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-13-2013 12:04 PM
    Lol funny written post .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    I can be funny at times, but I'm told looks aren't everything.

qxr and STARGATE like this.
    09-13-2013 12:10 PM
    I can be funny at times, but I'm told looks aren't everything.

That is the best thing I have read all day. Thanks!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-13-2013 12:35 PM
    My pleasure!

09-13-2013 12:36 PM
    This thread is still going!?

Note 8.0
    09-13-2013 12:59 PM
    This thread is still going!?

Note 8.0
    Don't jinx it. The mods will come in and voodoo it.

09-13-2013 01:09 PM
921 ... 1516171819 ...