12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    No ok they haven't been fiat but certainly first to make something amazing from it. Ipods are still my choice of mp3 player if I want music. Sure apple is not as customizable as android but that said apple have great software. So it means they make the most of what they have making sure it is perfect before adding new features that don't work very well.

Still an android can though.

my shiney new S4
    I actually prefer my s3 for listening to music more than my iPod. Everything it plays sounds more crisp and higher quality. I gotta say, I'm impressed.
    09-14-2013 04:38 PM
    Star, he has a right to his opinion. I used to support Apple as much as possible as well. I still do have a thing for them, just not as much anymore. If Steve was still alive guess where this post would be coming from? An iPhone
    I hated apple MORE when steve jobs was alive and behind the chair.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-14-2013 06:16 PM
    Yeah, in alpha to look like Blackberry. When the iPhone was announced, they scrambled to make it like the iPhone. And when it was released, it still sucked.
    Please show me the resemblance, because I see very little.

S4 not as good as an iPhone-first-real-life-iphone-3-0-screenshots-2.jpg S4 not as good as an iPhone-android-sdk1-scr-03.jpg
    STARGATE and badbrad17 like this.
    09-14-2013 06:17 PM
    I hated apple MORE when steve jobs was alive and behind the chair.

I'm the exact opposite, I could only stand Apple when he was in charge. Tim cook, not really impressed with that guy so far. That may change, but in my opinion Steve still did a better job as CEO
    09-14-2013 06:17 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First-Real-Life-iPhone-3-0-Screenshots-2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	81417 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android-sdk1-scr-03.jpg 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	81418
    That's hard to explain. There's a few things that are close but aren't exact copies. The apps are a little different, but not much. The status bar is only a little different as well. It's tough to explain, because they're alike but they aren't at the same time
    09-14-2013 06:19 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First-Real-Life-iPhone-3-0-Screenshots-2.jpg 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	81417 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	android-sdk1-scr-03.jpg 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	81418
    Icons and touchscreen.
    09-14-2013 08:20 PM
    Are we looking at the same photos? I remember seeing the TouchWiz icons next to iOS ones and saying, "yeah, okay it's obviously "inspired" too liberally by the other", but I'm not seeing anything similar on the icons here.
    09-14-2013 08:35 PM
    Interesting info from an article that I saw:

Most first-time smartphone buyers go for a Samsung but one fifth of Android users are switching to Apple
    Apple took three times as many customers from Samsung than Samsung took from Apple in the past year
    A fifth of new iPhone customers previously owned an Android device
    People buying smartphones for the first time prefer Samsung
    Yet almost half of customers stay loyal to their previous brand

Read more: Android users most likely to switch to Apple's iPhone, while more first-time smartphone buyers go for Samsung | Mail Online
    09-14-2013 09:23 PM
    Icons and touchscreen.
    Seriously??? Apple wasnt even the first to make a touch screen? I know u are joking.

09-14-2013 09:43 PM

Most first-time smartphone buyers go for a Samsung but one fifth of Android users are switching to Apple
    Apple took three times as many customers from Samsung than Samsung took from Apple in the past year

Read more: Android users most likely to switch to Apple's iPhone, while more first-time smartphone buyers go for Samsung | Mail Online
    But yet I'm constantly seeing people from everywhere trying android though. I see it in person the web on here hell even on imore lol.

09-14-2013 09:45 PM

Android can be a bit much to the uninitiated...a bit intimidating (I think of my wife, mother, and mother-in-law...all iPhone users). I can see shy they would prefer an iPhone to my S4. The iPhone looks nicer and works better without customization than the S4 does out of the box...ah yes, almost forgot to add...IMO. To me the iPhone is just so boring...so...flat.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    09-14-2013 09:47 PM
    Seriously??? Apple wasnt even the first to make a touch screen? I know u are joking.

He asked what was the resemblance. I hope that you don't believe that Android didn't copy iPhone.
    09-14-2013 09:50 PM
    Android can be a bit much to the uninitiated...a bit intimidating (I think of my wife, mother, and mother-in-law...all iPhone users). I can see shy they would prefer an iPhone to my S4. The iPhone looks nicer and works better without customization than the S4 does out of the box...ah yes, almost forgot to add...IMO. To me the iPhone is just so boring...so...flat.

Yeah, if I handed my wife an Android, she would say that she would just use a pay phone! LOL
    festinator likes this.
    09-14-2013 09:51 PM
    Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

09-14-2013 09:54 PM
    Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

I believe that they make the best cars, and are #1 in total sales and customer satisfaction. But you are right. It doesn't matter, except for blog fodder.
    09-14-2013 09:58 PM
    He asked what was the resemblance. I hope that you don't believe that Android didn't copy iPhone.
    I actually don't believe that Android took very much of it's code, UI cues, etc. from Apple. I'd agree that some OEM's did in their "skins" or "forks" or whatever, but Android itself is pretty distinct. The three patents that I'm aware of that caused issues on Nexus devices were related to on-device search, initiating actions through touch on a browser (you press a phone number on a site and it calls directly) and the animations related to reaching the end of a list (bounce). Most of the other patent allegations that I am aware of seemed to be directed at UI elements or actions that were specific to TouchWiz, Sense, etc or related to hardware design, which is irrelevant to Android entirely.
    09-14-2013 10:04 PM
    I believe that they make the best cars, and are #1 in total sales and customer satisfaction.
    My gut would tell me that the 1st point would likely be either an Italian or German company, the 2nd would be probably Toyota and the last would probably be an Italian, German or Brittish company. Not sure any of us care enough to research this, but goes to the larger perception point and the earlier conversation of, "better at what?"
    09-14-2013 10:07 PM
    Icons and touchscreen.
    So you're saying Android copied Apple's touchscreen. Well, believe it or not, Apple did not make the first touchscreen. So I'd hardly call that a "copy".

And the icons? They look nothing like the iOS icons. And if you mean the fact that there are icons, well, please show me a successful mobile OS without icons.
    09-14-2013 10:10 PM
    So you're saying Android copied Apple's touchscreen. Well, believe it or not, Apple did not make the first touchscreen. So I'd hardly call that a "copy".
    I said that was the resemblance, which is all that is in the picture, icons and touchscreen.
    09-14-2013 10:37 PM
    Yeah, I think it's a stretch. Early iOS was miles ahead of Android in terms of UI and I would disagree that they resemble each other at all. Android had more out of the box functionality for tinkering and development, but in terms of smoothness, ease of use and reliability, I think Android wasn't even in the same ballpark until Froyo or Gingerbread.
    09-14-2013 10:42 PM
    My gut would tell me that the 1st point would likely be either an Italian or German company, the 2nd would be probably Toyota and the last would probably be an Italian, German or Brittish company. Not sure any of us care enough to research this, but goes to the larger perception point and the earlier conversation of, "better at what?"
    Ford focus is the most popular car in the world (but not the us only market)
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...s-a-new-champ/

Too lazy to check customer service and such tho

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    Aquila likes this.
    09-14-2013 10:45 PM
    The World's Most Popular Cars: A New Champ - Forbes

"The Ford Focus isnt the best-selling car in America; its not even in the Top 10. But around the world, especially in fast-growing markets in Asia, the sporty compact is growing in popularity, so much so that it is about to knock off the venerable Toyota Corolla as the worlds most popular car."

Looks like it's number two almost number one globally, but nowhere near the top in the US market. So we're all right... it's either Toyota or Ford
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-14-2013 10:48 PM

And the icons? They look nothing like the iOS icons. And if you mean the fact that there are icons, well, please show me a successful mobile OS without icons.
    It's pretty common knowledge that Android copied Apple. Not saying it's a bad thing, but they did. I don't know about you, but I was around back then. I could see it, and so could anyone else that wasn't wearing fanboy glasses. Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later.
    09-14-2013 10:48 PM
    The World's Most Popular Cars: A New Champ - Forbes

That article is from 2012.

But... wait, why are we talking about cars now?
    09-14-2013 10:50 PM
    It's pretty common knowledge that Android copied Apple.
    How exactly? Is it "common knowledge" among Apple fans? I could say that it's "common knowledge" that OS X copied Windows, but that doesn't make it true (and it isn't). I could say that iOS copied Android (which is believable for iOS 7, but still not a fact).
    09-14-2013 10:52 PM
921 ... 1920212223 ...