12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 2021222324 ...
tools

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and less certain on other things.
    09-14-2013 10:53 PM
    I'm not getting a Ford, or a Chevy, or a Cadillac, or a Dodge...ever, if I can help it. But this isn't the forum for that discission.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.
    09-14-2013 10:54 PM
    How exactly? Is it "common knowledge" among Apple fans? I could say that it's "common knowledge" that OS X copied Windows, but that doesn't make it true (and it isn't). I could say that iOS copied Android (which is believable for iOS 7, but still not a fact).
    I'll ask this again:

Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later?
    I can't remember the guy's name, but he worked for Apple on the iPhone project, and then left Apple to work for Google. 2+2=4.
    09-14-2013 10:56 PM
    That article is from 2012.

But... wait, why are we talking about cars now?
    Of course it's from 2012... 2013 isn't over to say which the best selling of the year was.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    09-14-2013 11:07 PM
    Aw, aren't you being cute with your little remarks! I am not against Android, as I have had many, and will have more. If you read my earlier post, you will see this: " The top-tier Androids are much better now, and I am strongly considering a Moto X, as I returned my iPhone 5 today." So, Does that sound like I hate Android?
    But facts are facts, and a LOT of cheap Android junk phones have been put on the market. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know this, I don't know. But either way, there is no denying it. And kudos to Apple for never putting junk out there.
    Thanks!? :rolleyes::thumbup:
    Anyway, the way you hate on Android gives the impression that you really, really hate it!

You probably just want to try the moto x for who knows what reason!

In my case, I love Apple computers, I'm just not fond of the boring ios and really don't care much about how the iPhones are built.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-14-2013 11:48 PM
    I'll ask this again:

Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later?
    I can't remember the guy's name, but he worked for Apple on the iPhone project, and then left Apple to work for Google. 2+2=4.
    So just because Google decided to follow in another company's footsetps UI-wise (which I still don't believe, but which you insist on), they automatically copied Apple?

By the way, do you have a source for Google "scrapping their 'Blackberry' look" and "scrambling back to the drawing table"?
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-14-2013 11:52 PM
    I resemble that. I don't go take a dump without...oh...nevermind. JK...kinda.

:thumbup:
    +1

09-14-2013 11:53 PM
    Star, he has a right to his opinion. I used to support Apple as much as possible as well. I still do have a thing for them, just not as much anymore.
    Yea I know, but I also have the right to say something, don't I?
    Anyway, nothing personal, but he does seem poised to hate on Android, if he's happier with an ios device, well, he's welcome to go that route. I have nothing against people with iPhones. As long as they don't start something with my choice of device or OS!

Btw, I like Apple computers.

09-15-2013 12:00 AM
    Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Ford wasn't the inventor of the automobile.
    If my mind serves me well, by late 1800s Karl Benz built and patented the Motorwagen, which is believed to be the first modern car.
    As a matter of fact, I think it was the first car with an internal combustion engine that went into production.

Just my 2

return_0 and Shanicenicolle like this.
    09-15-2013 12:12 AM
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._6a2GC3mMa0W5Ahttp://static5.businessinsider.com/i...phone-2007.jpg

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and less certain on other things.
    Thank u. Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-15-2013 12:28 AM
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A..._6a2GC3mMa0W5A
    http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...phone-2007.jpg

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and lkess certain on other things.
    *sniff* they've grown up so much
    Aquila likes this.
    09-15-2013 01:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure Mr. Ford wasn't the inventor of the automobile.
    If my mind serves me well, by late 1800s Karl Benz built and patented the Motorwagen, which is believed to be the first modern car.
    As a matter of fact, I think it was the first car with an internal combustion engine that went into production.

Just my 2

Yep. Ford just started the assembly line for mass production of automobiles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    STARGATE and Shanicenicolle like this.
    09-15-2013 05:23 AM

Well then, I'm less ignorant now, yet slightly embarrassed. Public schools. Good to know my support of the Germans and Benz is justified though.

STARGATE likes this.
    09-15-2013 05:38 AM
    I actually prefer my s3 for listening to music more than my iPod. Everything it plays sounds more crisp and higher quality. I gotta say, I'm impressed.
    Hmm I have my s4 and the music with my monster headphones sounds much better on the ipod classic 160gb. Though using the app power amp on the S4 makes it superb.

my shiney new S4
    09-15-2013 08:05 AM
    Waking up in the morning and reading through all the comments I haven't seen is absolutely amazing. Every morning I'm thinking "wait..... What? When did we start talking about this?" and I have to read through all of the comments to get an idea of how we went from talking about one thing to something completely different. At least the conversation doesn't die out though
    09-15-2013 09:35 AM
    Hmm I have my s4 and the music with my monster headphones sounds much better on the ipod classic 160gb. Though using the app power amp on the S4 makes it superb.

my shiney new S4
    It's all about how you use the phone. I am by no means stock, I run completely custom. Beats audio drivers make a solid difference. Even on stock I liked the sound of the s3 better than my iPod.
    09-15-2013 09:37 AM
    Waking up in the morning and reading through all the comments I haven't seen is absolutely amazing. Every morning I'm thinking "wait..... What? When did we start talking about this?" and I have to read through all of the comments to get an idea of how we went from talking about one thing to something completely different. At least the conversation doesn't die out though
    This would be an awesome bar debate. Lol

STARGATE likes this.
    09-15-2013 09:42 AM

my shiney new S4
    I've noted it before...how surprised I am at how good my S4 sounds via headphones, driving my Sennheiser HD595s with aplomb.

Note 8.0
    09-15-2013 09:57 AM
    it still amazes me that this thread is still going, i couldnt care less if people think the iphone is better than my phone, i didnt pay an iphone price for my phone that will do the same things an iphone can do, if people get so upset about which phone is better how shallow does that make them,one solution buy one of each, and then go knock yourselves out, at the end of the day there just bloody phones a gadget at best, none of this is exactly life changing is it, if a guy can buy an iphone 5s for the same price or better than an s4 then i will admit hes got a better phone than me, until then they are all fighting a loosing battle, on price alone, doesnt matter what the iphone has got init, for the price difference, the iphone and all other apple products, should be way ahead of any other manufacturers product, sorry , but i dont see it, so to me there argument is already floored, end of story, why would i pay a premium price for an apple product, that doesnt deliver anything that other products dont deliver at a cheaper price
    09-15-2013 10:52 AM
    it still amazes me that this thread is still going, i couldnt care less if people think the iphone is better than my phone, i didnt pay an iphone price for my phone that will do the same things an iphone can do, if people get so upset about which phone is better how shallow does that make them,one solution buy one of each, and then go knock yourselves out, at the end of the day there just bloody phones a gadget at best, none of this is exactly life changing is it, if a guy can buy an iphone 5s for the same price or better than an s4 then i will admit hes got a better phone than me, until then they are all fighting a loosing battle, on price alone, doesnt matter what the iphone has got init, for the price difference, the iphone and all other apple products, should be way ahead of any other manufacturers product, sorry , but i dont see it, so to me there argument is already floored, end of story, why would i pay a premium price for an apple product, that doesnt deliver anything that other products dont deliver at a cheaper price
    The majority of people buy their phones subsidized. The iphone with 16gb (same as the base s3) is the same price or cheaper (on sprint). Price isn't really a factor unless you're buying outright, which again most people do not do.

DroidArmy likes this.
    09-15-2013 10:59 AM
    not in the uk its not, all apple products are over priced in the uk, which is one reason i would never be interested. apple and value for money, should never be used in the same sentence, OVERHYPED AND OVERPRICED AND OVER HERE.
    09-15-2013 12:08 PM
    not in the uk its not, all apple products are over priced in the uk, which is one reason i would never be interested. apple and value for money, should never be used in the same sentence, OVERHYPED AND OVERPRICED AND OVER HERE.
    For you. The main point people need to realize is that everyone has their own preferences. Saying yours is the only correct one just comes across elitist.

09-15-2013 12:15 PM

Yes henry ford just got the idea for an assembly while going to meat packing plants and noticed the efficiency of the step by step process of the butchers and you are correct you forgot to mention the motor wagon was what founded Mercedes-benz and the first rack and pinion steering

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:30 PM

my shiney new S4
    Root it and get the beats app itll make it pop but i got mine built in

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    09-15-2013 02:32 PM
    I can not believe a person would make a thread like this! There are a million things the S4 can do that the iPhone can't !
    Apple devices don't even have a file system !

STARGATE likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:42 PM
921 ... 2021222324 ...