12-11-2013 11:14 PM
921 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    If it was a 4.5-4.7 inch screen, with the present iOS 7, it would be a monster seller. And you don't have to imagine that they make a quality product. That's a given, IMO.
    Hard to admit but this is true. But while the bigger screen would be enough for many to switch over, the closed down system will still drive many away. But I don't think they should change that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-21-2013 12:02 AM
    Icons and touchscreen.
    Ha ha ha. Seriously? You mean like a Palm pilot?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-21-2013 01:10 AM
    That's why iOS 7 Pro would need to be a bit more open. It might be more of a headache for Apple, but it would go a long way in gathering support from the Android fans.
    09-21-2013 06:24 AM
    Ha ha ha. Seriously? You mean like a Palm pilot?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I won a Handspring from the Howard Stern show and I was in heaven with that device.
    STARGATE and badbrad17 like this.
    09-21-2013 04:26 PM
    I won a Handspring from the Howard Stern show and I was in heaven with that device.
    Those were the days. I have fond memories of my Tungsten T.
    09-21-2013 04:30 PM
    I never had one of those devices.
    I've seen them recently, but never had one.
    But I did have an original launch day Palm Prē!!! :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    badbrad17 likes this.
    09-22-2013 01:30 PM
    You are correct, it is subjective. But if a person is objective, and honest, then most would say that Apple produces quality products. They have the most trouble-free phones, music players, and computers on the market, IMO. And their customer service is another quality product.
    Your opinion in quality and mine differ. You're saying since they sell alot they are quality? No.

I don't think they are quality... I think the OS is boring. It is basically a Android app drawer. So.. As I said your opinion in quality and mine differ.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    gdmin and badbrad17 like this.
    09-22-2013 03:07 PM
    Your opinion in quality and mine differ. You're saying since they sell alot they are quality? No.
    Where did you get that from my statement? I said "They have the most trouble-free phones, music players, and computers on the market, IMO. And their customer service is another quality product." How is that construed as selling a lot?
    And my statement, IMHO, is 100% correct.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    09-22-2013 08:18 PM
    This thread has been cleaned up.

Please do not call another user a troll for having a differing opinion. Furthermore, calling a user a troll is considered a form of trolling, but at the least, is disruptive posting. Please be mindful of other users and respectful of their opinions. Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila, slim6596 and qxr like this.
    09-22-2013 11:25 PM
    Where did you get that from my statement? I said "They have the most trouble-free phones, music players, and computers on the market, IMO. And their customer service is another quality product." How is that construed as selling a lot?
    In your opinion it is 100% correct sure.. In mine? No. That's what my statement was saying. I've had zero issues with Windows Pc, my Android... So... Paying for overpriced apple macs does nothing for me .

09-23-2013 04:56 AM
    I agree with , Android is not the same thing as Iphone, for a simple reason: imho, IPhone was designed for people who do not want to spend much time on matching their phone, they are just ready to use it as is (and that is fine as an opinion and no one argues that). Conversely, you choose Android - be ready take point of how to match it, in case you did it successfully (understood the way how to make your device's functionality actually powerfull), your android device will serve you good. And do not forget about the camera, it's simply gorgeous.
    09-23-2013 05:25 AM
    :rolleyes:
    Lol, in my opinion, you're 100% wrong. But hey, like I said before, we are all entitled to our own.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    return_0 and GrooveRite like this.
    09-23-2013 07:42 AM
    Everyone believes their statements are 100% correct.
    09-23-2013 08:06 AM
    Everyone believes their statements are 100% correct.
    Except me, I try to be humble and always infer that I could be in error.
    qxr and return_0 like this.
    09-23-2013 08:29 AM
    Except me, I try to be humble and always infer that I could be in error.
    Priceless. Outstanding comment/ approach. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-23-2013 08:56 AM
    I don't understand how that could be a matter of opinion. Either there's data to support that what you said is true or it's not. The defect rate of a device has nothing to do with an individual's opinion.

There's actually some data that says, at least in the past, that Apple laptops were not the most trouble free laptops:

Laptop Reliability Study: Asus and Toshiba Come Out on Top

Without data like that for each category you listed you can't really say which brands are most trouble free.
    qxr and STARGATE like this.
    09-23-2013 09:09 AM
    I don't understand how that could be a matter of opinion. Either there's data to support that what you said is true or it's not. The defect rate of a device has nothing to do with an individual's opinion.

There's actually some data that says, at least in the past, that Apple laptops were not the most trouble free laptops:

Without data like that for each category you listed you can't really say which brands are most trouble free.
    All products have issues, the main advantage with Apple is you can go in and get it repaired quickly. Best Buy and others will ship it out. Nice thing about Fry's warranty is they will let you get a free loaner.
    09-23-2013 09:59 AM

What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion. That being said, I believe that if you take all Apple products in general (phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops), that it would be true that they are the most problem-free. Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.

Sorry for double post.
    09-23-2013 11:11 AM

What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion. That being said, I believe that if you take all Apple products in general (phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops), that it would be true that they are the most problem-free. Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.

So... Paying for overpriced apple macs does nothing for me
    So, if a person has to buy 2 or 3 Windows computers during the lifetime of a Mac, then is the Mac overpriced?
    As for myself, I use Windows because I am limited to spend the smaller amount for the Windows computer. But I believe that the Mac is a better investment, IMHO.
    09-23-2013 11:22 AM

So, if a person has to buy 2 or 3 Windows computers during the lifetime of a Mac, then is the Mac overpriced?
    As for myself, I use Windows because I am limited to spend the smaller amount for the Windows computer. But I believe that the Mac is a better investment, IMHO.
    Yes Mac is overpriced. I build my own computers.. So.. Yeah trust me it's cheaper .

09-23-2013 11:24 AM
    So.. Yeah trust me it's cheaper
    Okay, so my opinion is no good, but now we are to trust yours? Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I know that I would love to be able to build my own, but I don't have the know-how. I'm at the mercy of the manufacturers.
    09-23-2013 12:14 PM
    Okay, so my opinion is no good, but now we are to trust yours? Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I know that I would love to be able to build my own, but I don't have the know-how. I'm at the mercy of the manufacturers.
    Did I say your opinion wasn't good? You told me someone buy 2-3 PCs when a Mac lasts just as long as them... That is pure opinion on your part. You may go through 2-3 PCs in the life of a Mac but it's not the staple fact for everyone.

You straight throw out something like it's a fact.. Then once called say oh it's my opinion. So I throw mine out.. Saying it isn't for me. Notice in all mine I said buying a overpriced Mac isn't for me... Then you go on to tell me the mac is cheaper than buy 2-3 PCs when I never even said I did.. And when I build my own. You just assume we all buy multiple PCs. You also half quote me and respond to that leaving out key things such as I build my own.. So it's cheaper. For me. Yes. Me.

STARGATE likes this.
    09-23-2013 12:40 PM
    What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion.
    I could state that, IMO, acceleration due to gravity on Earth is 5 m/s^2, but that wouldn't change anything about gravity itself. My opinion would be flat out wrong, too. The affect of gravity is not something that is worth giving an opinion on. You're either right or wrong about what it is. Stating an opinion on defect rate is a logical fallacy. You're claiming your argument holds some sort of logical weight because it's just an "opinion" but the subject matter is a quantifiable fact (even if we may not be able to get the data), not a subjective quality. Something like "overpriced" is subjective. Defect rate is not.

Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.
    For that to matter you'd have to prove that actual defect rates mirror forum complaints. We're talking about dozens or hundreds of complaints and tens of millions of phones. The sample size is just too small to use forum posts as representative data.
    STARGATE and return_0 like this.
    09-23-2013 12:43 PM
    How is this thread still going? It has already covered anything from technology to how water got on Mars (okay maybe not that one). You guys never stop surprising me with how long you can keep a thread going
    STARGATE and badbrad17 like this.
    09-23-2013 04:16 PM
    Well, someone still feels that Android users give too much to charity. I don't we do but.....

from my Sony XTZ
    09-23-2013 05:05 PM
921 ... 2425262728 ...