09-29-2013 03:04 PM
    Everyone needs to just walk away. Lol

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    STARGATE and qxr like this.
    09-29-2013 03:22 PM
    Everyone needs to just walk away. Lol

This is cheap entertainment!
    qxr, Shanicenicolle and festinator like this.
    09-29-2013 03:35 PM
    This is cheap entertainment!
    I think we finally agree on something! :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    qxr likes this.
    09-29-2013 04:11 PM
    For most of this thread I've just been sitting here with a bag of popcorn watching the arguments lol
    09-29-2013 06:45 PM
    There is room for a thoughtful iPhone vs s4 discussion. IOS 7 is a gorgeous os, as is Jelly bean. And, the s4 and iPhone are two of the worlds most popular phones. Lots to compare.

Problem is that the conversation is getting bogged down with folk who have never even used the S4 and have an ax to grind.

I would much rather see some informed discussions about the actual features of each phone by posters who have really evaluated the two.

Oh well. Guess that was too much to ask.......
    qxr likes this.
    09-29-2013 06:58 PM
    There is room for a thoughtful iPhone vs s4 discussion. IOS 7 is a gorgeous os, as is Jelly bean. And, the s4 and iPhone are two of the worlds most popular phones. Lots to compare.

Problem is that the conversation is getting bogged down with folk who have never even used the S4 and have an ax to grind.

I would much rather see some informed discussions about the actual features of each phone by posters who have really evaluated the two.

Oh well. Guess that was too much to ask.......
    The thing is, most people that have extensively used both, like myself, don't really have much bad to say about either Lol.

qxr and Kilgore Trout like this.
    09-29-2013 07:01 PM
    My HTC One lags occasionally :-)

I haven't seen this as a common compliant, so I certainly don't go around telling everyone that "the" HTC One lags!

Sent from my HTC One :-)
    09-29-2013 07:05 PM
    For most of this thread I've just been sitting here with a bag of popcorn watching the arguments lol
    Better than watching the steelers stink in 2 countries. Oh joy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    DroidArmy likes this.
    09-29-2013 07:39 PM
    No sensible user would use Kies to transfer media. It's not an iPhone. Simply plug in and the phone will appear as two storage devices.
    09-29-2013 08:02 PM
    I didn't see any folks like that.
    09-29-2013 08:26 PM
    Please keep conversations civil and on topic. Disruptive posting, personal attacks and inappropriate language are not acceptable. If you have an issue with a post, please either ignore it and move on or hit the report button if you feel it violates the forum rules & polices. Thread has been cleaned up.
    qxr and TomsAndroid like this.
    09-29-2013 09:16 PM
    Better than watching the steelers stink in 2 countries. Oh joy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    They absolutely stink so far this season.
    09-29-2013 09:22 PM
    They absolutely stink so far this season.
    Good thing I'm not a fan of them.

09-29-2013 10:53 PM
    Ok, I will bite. You have claimed that lag is an issue on the s4, and that is one reason why it is inferior to the iPhone. Under what specific circumstances does that lag occur? What exact behavior constitutes lag in those situations? In other words, I want to know exactly what problems with the s4 you are highlighting.

I will then try to replicate myself (I do not believe my phone is a mutant, it will behave like any other s4).

Now, if you don't have that info, you will see why I am skeptical.

PS again, let me emphasize that this is about phones. Do not feel attacked personally, please.
    09-29-2013 10:59 PM
    The thing is, most people that have extensively used both, like myself, don't really have much bad to say about either Lol.

Probably the best post I have EVER seen on this issue. Sooooooo true.
    09-29-2013 11:01 PM
    Good thing I'm not a fan of them.

I am a Dolphins fan. I've been in agony a long time.
    09-29-2013 11:04 PM
    Ok, I will bite. You have claimed that lag is an issue on the s4, and that is one reason why it is inferior to the iPhone. Under what specific circumstances does that lag occur? What exact behavior constitutes lag in those situations? In other words, I want to know exactly what problems with the s4 you are highlighting.

I will then try to replicate myself (I do not believe my phone is a mutant, it will behave like any other s4).

Now, if you don't have that info, you will see why I am skeptical.

PS again, let me emphasize that this is about phones. Do not feel attacked personally, please.
    I don't have that info available, but if you Google "S4 lag", you will find a lot. I will talk to a couple of friends that have them tomorrow, and try to post their issues with the lag.
    FWIW, I am considering returning the Moto X, and getting an S4, because of camera. I am not sure that the camera fix is going to be good enough.
    09-29-2013 11:08 PM
    I am seeing one right now. Quite frankly posts like yours are very discouraging.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    09-30-2013 12:23 AM
    No sensible user would use Kies to transfer media. It's not an iPhone. Simply plug in and the phone will appear as two storage devices.
    Kies is some horrible software.
    09-30-2013 01:07 AM
    I am seeing one right now. Quite frankly posts like yours are very discouraging.
    Discouraged over posts about a PHONE? Wow. It's just a phone.
    qxr and festinator like this.
    09-30-2013 06:52 AM
    Discouraged over posts about a PHONE? Wow. It's just a phone.
    Most forget that.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-30-2013 07:02 AM
    Idk what's going on with your phone but mine definitely detects music on my SD card. That's very strange. Also did you format it in the phone before putting your media on it and using it? That's standard for mobile devices.

Yes, I doubt you could use it in the phone if you did not format it. First time around it worked fine, I was able to transfer all my media, my dropbox material and everything to it. I just realised yesterday that the phone can't see the files anymore.
    09-30-2013 07:03 AM
    @ Daniel Crispin.

I'm a first time Samsung phone buyer, never had any TouchWhiz experience, but I do like my Galaxy S4 a lot.

I normally have all the S features on but the S Voice. GPS and Bluetooth are off if I'm not using them. My battery lasts from 8-10 hours. And I use my phone a lot during the day; many phone calls and text messages (made and received), Facebook, twitter, Android Central, weather, web browsing and if I have to go from one place to another, Google maps and navigation.

Sorry you don't get that much out of yours. Are you in a place with very low signal?
    Because that kills battery like crazy!

Anyway, I'm not a fanboy, of Samsung or Android. I actually love WebOS, and always will. But I have use android phones since 2009 and have owned and use full time Android since September 2011.
    I've also used iPhones for work since 2010, I can't stand them!
    Now at work they are not getting iPhones anymore, but I'm glad.

8-10 hours is even worst than what I get. I don't go anywhere I didn't with my iPhone... and I am on the same carrier so signal strenght should be the same for my new phone.
    09-30-2013 07:06 AM
    I hate S-Voice also. That is why I disabled the double tap in S-Voice settings, disabled S-Voice and now use Dragon. Since I use Nova Prime for my launcher I set the swipe up gesture to load Dragon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Hum... are you saying I can replace S-Voice by Dragon to control the phone? I need to be able to voice dial, make requests like time and all that verbally. I also need to be able to activate it through the use of the button on the headset.
    09-30-2013 07:10 AM
921 ... 3132333435 ...