S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Everest

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

Well having had used both now myself. I can say I prefer Android over IOS without a doubt.

Had a S4 and it ended up breaking (long story). And was without a phone for a while until I could afford a new one and a friend of mine convinced me to try an IPhone 5.
I tried to like the IPhone, I really did. I gave it 3 months, but I just cannot do it anymore; so I ordered a S4 Google Edition.

I miss Android, I miss the customization. I miss being able to easily download and play music from a webpage. Downloading something other than pictures and allowing the phone to save it along with being able to easily access it. Not having to deal with Itunes whenever I want to put music on or get new ringtones. That and Siri.. I can't stand her anymore.. I even told her and she didn't seem to care..

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I am not even going to read the nonsense of this thread after seeing the subject from the OP! If you think iPhone is better than ANY android, then you are closed minded and like things that are proprietarym that has limited customization.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am not even going to read the nonsense of this thread after seeing the subject from the OP! If you think iPhone is better than ANY android, then you are closed minded and like things that are proprietarym that has limited customization.

That is incredibly insulting

Posted by The Android Central app

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Sad but true bro lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

People like Apple, that is their choice. There is no need to call them names or call them closed minded. It is insulting and uncalled for

But if its the truth so be it. He didnt slam the op for saying that he liked ios. He said that because the op said that ios is better than ALL android phones.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

But if its the truth so be it. He didnt slam the op for saying that he liked ios. He said that because the op said that ios is better than ALL android phones.

That's an opinion, it needs to be respected. Don't bash somebody for having a different opinion than yours.

torndownunit

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

People like Apple, that is their choice. There is no need to call them names or call them closed minded. It is insulting and uncalled for

Look at the thread title. The original post is dismissing "Android" (as in the OS and all devices running it) over a few issues and personal preferences. Sorry, but that IS closed minded. I am mainly still an Apple products user, but I am not going to defend a completely silly statement and post.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Look at the thread title. The original post is dismissing "Android" over a few issues and personal preferences. Sorry, but that IS closed minded.

No, it's an opinion. It needs to be respected. Don't go bashing a guy because his opinion is different than yours. This is not the place to be a jerk to somebody.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

New on this particular site yes. I was over on android forums. If this is really how you guys act, then I might go back.

The first week I joined I stated on these forum is that I bathe myself in Holy Water blessed by Steve Jobs to protect myself while reading these forums on my iMac and Macbook.

Any forum you go to will always have a few in the crowd. This one is a large one so expect a few.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The first week I joined I stated on these forum is that I bathe myself in Holy Water blessed by Steve Jobs to protect myself while reading these forums on my iMac and Macbook.

Any forum you go to will always have a few in the crowd. This one is a large one so expect a few.

Yes, I know that. But still, there's no need to say that. These guys should just be nice to people and respect their opinions. I mean if they say things like oh the op is closed minded and other things it kinda comes off as unprofessional. Imagine saying that to a customer, good luck getting business from them again

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

According to what I have read, the only "non-laggy" Android phones are the newest Moto's (X, Ultra, Maxx), and possibly the Nexus 4. Everything else has lag, or you have to turn off all the features to make them smooth. This is still "well documented".
That being said, if Moto will fix the camera, I will have a X as my next phone.

Yeah, well, experience trumps whatever you "read". The HTC One is not laggy, at all. Like I said before, I'd find these things out before dropping lots of money on one.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I mean if they say things like oh the op is closed minded and other things it kinda comes off as unprofessional. Imagine saying that to a customer, good luck getting business from them again

You maybe a business owner or self employed or an excellent customer service rep or manager or in the service industry and care enough to understand this.

I do consulting and development and always believe in that your customer or client is always right. A lot of people do not nor care to. Welcome to the generation of instant gratification,trolling, and twitter speak.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, well, experience trumps whatever you "read". The HTC One is not laggy, at all. Like I said before, I'd find these things out before dropping lots of money on one.

HTC One runs great, literally lag free in my experience with my wife's phone. There other more valid complaints about the HTC One and lag isn't one of them.

pablohoney46

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the chargers point. Apple does enjoy a great deal of third party support, but microUSB is everywhere. Especially compared the the newer lightning connector. microUSB is currently the most common DC delivery port out there, having overtaken miniUSB and barrel jacks a while ago.

Apple does enjoy a bit of an advantage when it comes to docks, but I'd much rather use the Qi charging back with the S4 and use an inductive charging pad than a dock anyway. YMMV.

Maybe I am not looking hard enough - not many on Amazon that I have found, other than pricey ones. Plenty of docking, but few with good speakers. Any details of any you are aware of gratefully received!

pablohoney46

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks to everyone for the comments - I feel a little humbled, and despite my contentious initial title, nobody really dive bombed me! Thanks for the tips - much appreciated all
P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03