S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

I had an iphone 4 as my first smartphone. I then began to use more and more Google services so I switched android with an S2 Skyrocket. I was so disappointed with it I almost thought I'd made a mistake. All the stock samsung rom and apps were such a buggy mess that even cm nightlies were more stable. All the stuff that was actually Google worked well though so I switched to a Nexus 4 and eventually a S4 GPE and couldn't be happier.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Pretty sure you can tap the status bar (or top of the screen) and it will scroll back to the top on the Galaxy s4 as well. At least I remember doing that with my s3 a few times before I went full aosp

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

It's all personal preference. Probably been said many times already in this thread.

I was originally on a Blackberry Torch 9810. Accidentally spilled water on it back in June this year and letting it sit in rice for a few days didn't bring it back to life.

Was able to borrow an iPhone4S from my work for the first "over night" ... I felt so restricted and held back! Yes some features and the huge amount of apps are great but ... something just didn't feel right, even coming from Blackberry!

Immediately next day I borrowed a Nexus S ... hung on to it for a few weeks until I finally got a Galaxy S4 in late July. Never looked back.

My personal preference for what I like to do with a smartphone, Android > Blackberry >>> Apple

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 as my first smartphone. I then began to use more and more Google services so I switched android with an S2 Skyrocket. I was so disappointed with it I almost thought I'd made a mistake. All the stock samsung rom and apps were such a buggy mess that even cm nightlies were more stable. All the stuff that was actually Google worked well though so I switched to a Nexus 4 and eventually a S4 GPE and couldn't be happier.

Back during the iPhone 4 times, android was kinda crap. Apple was the only one basically with a glitch free smooth os. Steve Jobs put his heart and soul into those phones, he made them like fine watches. That's what originally made me fall in love with Apple, the dedication to getting it right. Sadly, without Steve, Apple isn't what it used to be. When Steve died, I immediately knew Apple would never be the same. And I was right, they're falling behind. Android is now the leader, which is why I gave it a try.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Not necessarily, we welcome all users on this forum. It doesn't matter if you run android, Windows phone, ios, or even Web os. You're welcome to come roam in the android Forums =)

Posted by The Android Central app

I didn't mean he wasn't welcome. I just meant his combative title might step on a few toes.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

No they are not closed minded, that is simply their preference. On top of that, what the hell business is it of yours anyway? That would be like me telling you you're stupid for choosing, say, whatever car you drive. I don't think you'd like that, so shut up and don't do it to other people.

As soon as the OP posted it, it made it my business.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

That's an opinion, it needs to be respected. Don't bash somebody for having a different opinion than yours.

You have got to be kidding right? You just bashed me for giving my opinion, yet, the OP bashed android right from the get go? You have no case what so ever. Just stop now before you place your other foot in your mouth

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

That is incredibly insulting

So was the fact the OP came on an ANDROID forum and bashed Android over an iPhone. What I said was TRUE. iPhones are a proprietary device, that make everything simple and take no brains to use. There is practically NO customization, expandability, or need for thought to use one.
If you don't like it, I am sorry, that's MY opinion, and if you think the OP has more right to post their opinion than I do, you are a hypocrite.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

You have got to be kidding right? You just bashed me for giving my opinion, yet, the OP bashed android right from the get go? You have no case what so ever. Just stop now before you place your other foot in your mouth

You do know that account was banned right?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Its very interesting how some take their selection of mobile platform and device so seriously and personally.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

You do know that account was banned right?

I noticed after I replied. Ha ha ha! And I continued to read and he got more and more hilarious as it went. Still trying to get to the post that did him in.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

I noticed after I replied. Ha ha ha! And I continued to read and he got more and more hilarious as it went. Still trying to get to the post that did him in.

That one got deleted. He said something really really bad and got banned instantly

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

I see that Captain Brovowski or whatever got banned as well, I am guessing those two got into it?

Yeah, they really got into it. It was captainbroflovski who said the really bad thing about apple which made the thread close and a ban party begin

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure you can tap the status bar (or top of the screen) and it will scroll back to the top on the Galaxy s4 as well. At least I remember doing that with my s3 a few times before I went full aosp

Not out of the box. You could tap the top of the phone on the s3 but it was only in certain apps where the iPhone was any screen.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

My experience in upgrading to the S4 from an iPhone 5 has been the opposite of the OP's, though I see where they're coming from.

Apple uses some Jedi mind trick to build an "OMG that's so cool!" factor around their iCrap. Nearly every iPhone owner has experienced this at some stage. It's why we keep looking at news reports about the upcoming iPhone 5S and 5C despite having a Galaxy S4, a device which is superior to the outdated upcoming iCrap in every way.

It's all about the experience an iOS device gives. This is something that I had not experienced with my Galaxy S4 until I magically turned it into a 4.3 Google Edition. The Samsung bloatware decreases the "OMG" factor when it should increase it. The Galaxy S4 in standard factory configuration grows on you slowly whereas the iCrap devices make you feel satisfied immediately, but hungry again soon after when the realization of the platform and the device's limitations begin to kick in.

After a few months with my Galaxy S4, the ONLY thing I miss from my iPhone 5 is the "Pure Shot" camera app.

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an S3 and an iPad 2. Best of both worlds because I love Apple computer products and Google handsets. Its all about preference but I've never owned an iPhone...found them boring!

✌SG3/iPad2

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've read a lot of the posts and I have to say there are pros and cons to both devices, it's true iPhone doesn't have the same specs or options of Android but as a device I think it works very well.

I have the s4 and although in many ways it's a great device it's not without its issues, I don't even know where to start except for maybe the connectivity issues and I've read on this forum I'm not the only one.

As good as this device may be I have to say it's been a bit of a disappointment and has not lived up to the hype, in my opinion of course lol

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7