S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

I think I saw that the immediate use would include the fingerprint scanner functions, and photo editing.

I saw the updates on events, and have read some on the Iphone 5S. The fingerprint reader does not require 64 bit processing even fingerprint scanners (I've had a couple I used under 32 bit OS), do you have an article on this perhaps I haven't read it.

Photo editing in regards to what, sorry again haven't heard of this apart from in higher end systems for processing very heavy video renders. I have heard of improvements of shutter speeds, and focusing but that's due to a chip on the SoC of the A7 that handles those tasks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Great argument.
Again no need for 64 bit. If you can name one example of why 64 bit is needed right now, let me know.

There's a new 64-bit version of the Reality Distortion Field app that provides over 57x the reality distortion of the original iPhone. A lot of people are gonna go nuts for it.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z "The Sleeper Dohickey?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Too much yada, yada, yada...
The iPhone isn't still better then the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. Like every new device, this one has newer shiny upgrades, but is not better.
:p:D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Too much yada, yada, yada...
The iPhone isn't still better then the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One. Like every new device, this one has newer shiny upgrades, but is not better.
:p:D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Thanks for clearing that up! It's been going on for 15 pages.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

No it isn't, not when there is no need for it yet. It's a lot of marketing to hype up and take credit for what they did not do as usual.
Praise ARM for the 64 bit processor (which again: would of come independently of Apple).

There's never a need for anything until it becomes mainstream and the need is made. Tvs weren't necessary, you could get your entertainment on the radio. It could have come independently of apple but it didn't. And I'm sure when things become optimized for it and android grabs on within the next couple of years you'll be singing a different tune.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

let me clarify:

some like a i phone, some like a galaxy, some like a nexus.

now hug each other and go to your room.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

"We did an over the air update and billed your itunes account.......your welcome!!".......LMAO!!! :D:D

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You're right, it's 'not as good as an iPhone'...it's better!

I think that depends on how you qualify "better". If better is something that's very simple, just works great outta the box and is small than the iPhone might be better. If better is defined as bigger screen and a more flexible, more customizable experience than I think few would see the iPhone winning that battle.

This is why its almost laughable to say which one is "better". ...as they depends on what's important to the one using it. For some people "better" is defined by what their peers apply more value to. My typical teenage stepdaughter would likely use this as a criteria to define "better". My wife likes her iPhone 4s "better" than my S4. Is she supposed to be "wrong"? Most of the things I like about my S4 would turn her off...she has no desire to tinker with or customize her phone. Ever.

The iPhone will never be outright "better" and neither will an android or windows phone. Its subjective and "better" is in the eyes of the beholder. The best you can do is what is "better" for YOU or someone who is trusting you to decide for them (older parents...younger kids).

"better" that's laughable.

That's like me saying this here Note 8.0 is "better" than someone's iPad Mini. It would be ignorant for me to make such an assumption.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome