S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
But they didn't buy it off the shelf. That is what I was correcting. But at least they are using their own processor.

Yes I know you were explaining that. Just chimed in with some information on the processor (one of my favorite things to talk about). Apple designs some top quality processors, I find it funny though how Samsung makes most of them

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They were the first to bring anything decent to the board. Let's be honest, android sucked back when the first iPhone came out. IOS was the only really good option

Android was still in alpha when the first iPhone was released. It wasn't even publicly released at that point.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Android was still in alpha when the first iPhone was released. It wasn't even publicly released at that point.

Yeah, in alpha to look like Blackberry. When the iPhone was announced, they scrambled to make it like the iPhone. And when it was released, it still sucked.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, in alpha to look like Blackberry. When the iPhone was announced, they scrambled to make it like the iPhone. And when it was released, it still sucked.

This. I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't even consider android before ice cream sandwich, it was bad. I really like jelly bean (currently running 4.2.2 with carbon rom) and I'm looking forward to Kitkat. I'm sure it will be fantastic. IOS was the only decent option for a while, with android becoming a good option more recently within the past few years (late 2011). There was blackberry, but I mean actual touch screen smart phones. BlackBerry was more business qwerty for a while

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Android was a diamond in the rough, but now is polished and shines so brilliantly that I can't even consider the sapphire that is iOS.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I thought long and hard about leaving my iPhone. I wanted a change, a new style of phone. all of the comments I have read on this forum and others convinced me there was no reason to not change. oh dear what have I done!!
As far as the operating system goes fine. but -
- docking stations and chargers are limited. hardly any on the market
- Kies, isyncr and other music transfer apps are awful. they freeze and crash, don't transfer what you want etc
- Google play is awful - I buy a song but it stays in the cloud and can't listen to it unless with good signal etc. so I have to go through extra steps to download to the s4 direct. why it doesn't do that by default I don't know. once on the device I can only play using the default music player - can't find any downloaded Google play music on my rocket player. so I used iTunes to buy and download on my PC and then go through the painful process of transferring to my s4
- battery life is appalling

as a camera it is superb and it is great to have an SD card. but I will be selling to fund purchase of new iPhone that has far better support in terms of ancillaries and download of music

You can cache the songs and theres a pc companion to download your tracks to a desktop

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

I tried switching from a 4s to a Galaxy Nexus. It was a painful experience. The Android apps (the ones that work) are much worse quality than iOS. Music and Photo syncing is a Lot more work. Car integration is non-existent, except for using an aux cable. Samsung radios are so bad I could not even make phone calls where the iPhone had no problems.

There were just so many things wrong with switching I wound up going back to the iPhone 4S within a month. I'm also looking forward to getting iOS 7 in a few weeks. How many 2 year old Android phones still get updates when they are 2 years old?

I encourage you to try Android, but don't get rid of the iPhone just yet. Fast CPUs and a big screen don't equal happiness. And as far as openness, I found the Android system so locked down with locked bootloaders and Verizon bloatware that saying Android is open is a joke.

Just so you know, my house had been mostly Android since e OG in 2009 - OG, DroidX, Droid X2, Eris, Incredible, Incredible 2, GNex, two Nexus 7s. We never kept any of the phones for more than a year due to various frustrations ( still have the Nexus 7s though). My iPhone 4S is our first iPhone in the house and I still love it after almost 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

All carriers want locked boot loaders obviously you've never rooted android is open but at the same time carriers hate this idea and will do anything they can to lock block cheat and charge$$$ its all $$$ to them if you ever had a gsm nexus the boot loader unlock is what 3 steps??

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
All carriers want locked boot loaders obviously you've never rooted android is open but at the same time carriers hate this idea and will do anything they can to lock block cheat and charge$$$ its all $$$ to them if you ever had a gsm nexus the boot loader unlock is what 3 steps??

I can hear an English teacher crying because of that post

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok 53, you're on timeout! :p

Go to your Pappy Apple and play with your iPhone toys! :D

Anyway, you seem to hate all or most of all related to Android. This is an Android forum not an iPhone's forum...c'mon, run along.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Star, he has a right to his opinion. I used to support Apple as much as possible as well. I still do have a thing for them, just not as much anymore. If Steve was still alive guess where this post would be coming from? An iPhone

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I always fell asleep in english i could use proper but eh let that teacher cry

Proper English goes a long way. It's professional and it makes people respect you more. I'm not saying you have to do anything, I'm saying proper English is actually important. And I'm not a English teacher, I just know from experience.

Last edited:

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

What do you mean? Apple has not been not first with most things...

No ok they haven't been fiat but certainly first to make something amazing from it. Ipods are still my choice of mp3 player if I want music. Sure apple is not as customizable as android but that said apple have great software. So it means they make the most of what they have making sure it is perfect before adding new features that don't work very well.

Still an android can though.

my shiney new S4

Status
Not open for further replies.