S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
No ok they haven't been fiat but certainly first to make something amazing from it. Ipods are still my choice of mp3 player if I want music. Sure apple is not as customizable as android but that said apple have great software. So it means they make the most of what they have making sure it is perfect before adding new features that don't work very well.

Still an android can though.

my shiney new S4

I actually prefer my s3 for listening to music more than my iPod. Everything it plays sounds more crisp and higher quality. I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Last edited:

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Star, he has a right to his opinion. I used to support Apple as much as possible as well. I still do have a thing for them, just not as much anymore. If Steve was still alive guess where this post would be coming from? An iPhone

I hated apple MORE when steve jobs was alive and behind the chair.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I hated apple MORE when steve jobs was alive and behind the chair.

I'm the exact opposite, I could only stand Apple when he was in charge. Tim cook, not really impressed with that guy so far. That may change, but in my opinion Steve still did a better job as CEO

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are we looking at the same photos? I remember seeing the TouchWiz icons next to iOS ones and saying, "yeah, okay it's obviously "inspired" too liberally by the other", but I'm not seeing anything similar on the icons here.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Interesting info from an article that I saw:

Most first-time smartphone buyers go for a Samsung but one fifth of Android users are switching to Apple
Apple took three times as many customers from Samsung than Samsung took from Apple in the past year
A fifth of new iPhone customers previously owned an Android device
People buying smartphones for the first time prefer Samsung
Yet almost half of customers stay loyal to their previous brand

Read more: Android users most likely to switch to Apple's iPhone, while more first-time smartphone buyers go for Samsung | Mail Online

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Most first-time smartphone buyers go for a Samsung but one fifth of Android users are switching to Apple
Apple took three times as many customers from Samsung than Samsung took from Apple in the past year

Read more: Android users most likely to switch to Apple's iPhone, while more first-time smartphone buyers go for Samsung | Mail Online

But yet I'm constantly seeing people from everywhere trying android though. I see it in person the web on here hell even on imore lol.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Android can be a bit much to the uninitiated...a bit intimidating (I think of my wife, mother, and mother-in-law...all iPhone users). I can see shy they would prefer an iPhone to my S4. The iPhone looks nicer and works better without customization than the S4 does out of the box...ah yes, almost forgot to add...IMO. To me the iPhone is just so boring...so...flat.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Android can be a bit much to the uninitiated...a bit intimidating (I think of my wife, mother, and mother-in-law...all iPhone users). I can see shy they would prefer an iPhone to my S4. The iPhone looks nicer and works better without customization than the S4 does out of the box...ah yes, almost forgot to add...IMO. To me the iPhone is just so boring...so...flat.

Yeah, if I handed my wife an Android, she would say that she would just use a pay phone! LOL

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

I believe that they make the best cars, and are #1 in total sales and customer satisfaction. But you are right. It doesn't matter, except for blog fodder.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
He asked what was the resemblance. I hope that you don't believe that Android didn't copy iPhone.

I actually don't believe that Android took very much of it's code, UI cues, etc. from Apple. I'd agree that some OEM's did in their "skins" or "forks" or whatever, but Android itself is pretty distinct. The three patents that I'm aware of that caused issues on Nexus devices were related to on-device search, initiating actions through touch on a browser (you press a phone number on a site and it calls directly) and the animations related to reaching the end of a list (bounce). Most of the other patent allegations that I am aware of seemed to be directed at UI elements or actions that were specific to TouchWiz, Sense, etc or related to hardware design, which is irrelevant to Android entirely.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I believe that they make the best cars, and are #1 in total sales and customer satisfaction.

My gut would tell me that the 1st point would likely be either an Italian or German company, the 2nd would be probably Toyota and the last would probably be an Italian, German or Brittish company. Not sure any of us care enough to research this, but goes to the larger perception point and the earlier conversation of, "better at what?"

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Icons and touchscreen.

So you're saying Android copied Apple's touchscreen. Well, believe it or not, Apple did not make the first touchscreen. So I'd hardly call that a "copy".

And the icons? They look nothing like the iOS icons. And if you mean the fact that there are icons, well, please show me a successful mobile OS without icons.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's a stretch. Early iOS was miles ahead of Android in terms of UI and I would disagree that they resemble each other at all. Android had more out of the box functionality for tinkering and development, but in terms of smoothness, ease of use and reliability, I think Android wasn't even in the same ballpark until Froyo or Gingerbread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20