S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My gut would tell me that the 1st point would likely be either an Italian or German company, the 2nd would be probably Toyota and the last would probably be an Italian, German or Brittish company. Not sure any of us care enough to research this, but goes to the larger perception point and the earlier conversation of, "better at what?"

Ford focus is the most popular car in the world (but not the us only market)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2012/12/19/the-worlds-most-popular-cars-a-new-champ/

Too lazy to check customer service and such tho

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ford focus is the most popular car in the world (but not the us only market)
The World's Most Popular Cars: A New Champ - Forbes

Too lazy to check customer service and such tho

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

"The Ford Focus isn?t the best-selling car in America; it?s not even in the Top 10. But around the world, especially in fast-growing markets in Asia, the sporty compact is growing in popularity, so much so that it is about to knock off the venerable Toyota Corolla as the world?s most popular car."

Looks like it's number two almost number one globally, but nowhere near the top in the US market. So we're all right... it's either Toyota or Ford :)

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
So you're saying Android copied Apple's touchscreen. Well, believe it or not, Apple did not make the first touchscreen. So I'd hardly call that a "copy".

And the icons? They look nothing like the iOS icons. And if you mean the fact that there are icons, well, please show me a successful mobile OS without icons.

It's pretty common knowledge that Android copied Apple. Not saying it's a bad thing, but they did. I don't know about you, but I was around back then. I could see it, and so could anyone else that wasn't wearing fanboy glasses. Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty common knowledge that Android copied Apple.

How exactly? Is it "common knowledge" among Apple fans? I could say that it's "common knowledge" that OS X copied Windows, but that doesn't make it true (and it isn't). I could say that iOS copied Android (which is believable for iOS 7, but still not a fact).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
images
1-iphone-2007.jpg

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and less certain on other things.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting a Ford, or a Chevy, or a Cadillac, or a Dodge...ever, if I can help it. But this isn't the forum for that discission.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
How exactly? Is it "common knowledge" among Apple fans? I could say that it's "common knowledge" that OS X copied Windows, but that doesn't make it true (and it isn't). I could say that iOS copied Android (which is believable for iOS 7, but still not a fact).

I'll ask this again:

Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later?
I can't remember the guy's name, but he worked for Apple on the iPhone project, and then left Apple to work for Google. 2+2=4.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Aw, aren't you being cute with your little remarks! I am not against Android, as I have had many, and will have more. If you read my earlier post, you will see this: " The top-tier Androids are much better now, and I am strongly considering a Moto X, as I returned my iPhone 5 today." So, Does that sound like I hate Android?
But facts are facts, and a LOT of cheap Android junk phones have been put on the market. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know this, I don't know. But either way, there is no denying it. And kudos to Apple for never putting junk out there.
Thanks!? :rolleyes::thumbup::D
Anyway, the way you hate on Android gives the impression that you really, really hate it!

You probably just want to try the moto x for who knows what reason!

In my case, I love Apple computers, I'm just not fond of the boring ios and really don't care much about how the iPhones are built.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll ask this again:

Why do you think that Google scrapped their "Blackberry" look, and scrambled back to the drawing table, and came out with a phone about a year later?
I can't remember the guy's name, but he worked for Apple on the iPhone project, and then left Apple to work for Google. 2+2=4.

So just because Google decided to follow in another company's footsetps UI-wise (which I still don't believe, but which you insist on), they automatically copied Apple?

By the way, do you have a source for Google "scrapping their 'Blackberry' look" and "scrambling back to the drawing table"?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Star, he has a right to his opinion. I used to support Apple as much as possible as well. I still do have a thing for them, just not as much anymore.

Yea I know, but I also have the right to say something, don't I?
Anyway, nothing personal, but he does seem poised to hate on Android, if he's happier with an ios device, well, he's welcome to go that route. I have nothing against people with iPhones. As long as they don't start something with my choice of device or OS!

Btw, I like Apple computers.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Why does it matter, precisely, who copied who? Henry Ford invented the automobile. I don't own or want a Ford though and I doubt many would say they make the best cars. ...just an analogy.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Ford wasn't the inventor of the automobile.
If my mind serves me well, by late 1800s Karl Benz built and patented the Motorwagen, which is believed to be the first modern car.
As a matter of fact, I think it was the first car with an internal combustion engine that went into production.

Just my 2?

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRobvzYQZ-mwKMkRu7dJGRnAvK11u_gCpj-4Y_6a2GC3mMa0W5Ahttp://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4fdf6ae3ecad04e35000000f-1200/1-iphone-2007.jpg

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and less certain on other things.

Thank u. Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRobvzYQZ-mwKMkRu7dJGRnAvK11u_gCpj-4Y_6a2GC3mMa0W5A
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4fdf6ae3ecad04e35000000f-1200/1-iphone-2007.jpg

Bearing a completely different UI, completely different operation methods, completely different icons, completely different form factor and technologies used... I'm just not seeing where Google is ripping off of iOS. If you mean Samsung, that's obvious on certain things and lkess certain on other things.

*sniff* they've grown up so much

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Mr. Ford wasn't the inventor of the automobile.
If my mind serves me well, by late 1800s Karl Benz built and patented the Motorwagen, which is believed to be the first modern car.
As a matter of fact, I think it was the first car with an internal combustion engine that went into production.

Just my 2?

Yep. Ford just started the assembly line for mass production of automobiles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Ford just started the assembly line for mass production of automobiles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Well then, I'm less ignorant now, yet slightly embarrassed. Public schools. Good to know my support of the Germans and Benz is justified though.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I actually prefer my s3 for listening to music more than my iPod. Everything it plays sounds more crisp and higher quality. I gotta say, I'm impressed.

Hmm I have my s4 and the music with my monster headphones sounds much better on the ipod classic 160gb. Though using the app power amp on the S4 makes it superb.

my shiney new S4

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Waking up in the morning and reading through all the comments I haven't seen is absolutely amazing. Every morning I'm thinking "wait..... What? When did we start talking about this?" and I have to read through all of the comments to get an idea of how we went from talking about one thing to something completely different. At least the conversation doesn't die out though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12