S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
But he did invent one of the best things to ever happen to backyards--- Charcoal briquettes!

Yep Yep. Don't waste anything. Ford must have been a Scotsman. Prefer lump over briquettes though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
For you. The main point people need to realize is that everyone has their own preferences. Saying yours is the only correct one just comes across elitist

. where do i state that my view is the only one worth considering, you need to learn how to read and process things a bit better, there is no doubt by any sensible person that apple products are way overpriced, they always have been, and in my opinion and its only my opinion they dont warrant the money, ive got no problem with other people wasting their money on apple products, thats their choice, to be honest there good products, i just dont see why i should be expected to pay a premium price for a product that doesnt do any more than most other top end products and at a cheaper price,

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am comparing iPhone to Android, and unfortunately the cheap junk is part of Android. And I did state that the cheap stuff was hurting Android.

This is comparing a phone to a OS just FYI. Not what you think it is.

iPhone = phone. / iOS is their OS.

Android = OS. / HTC One, Galaxy S4,etc. = phone.

So no... You aren't comparing the same thing. Your comparing the phone to the OS. You'd have to compare iOS to Android but instead you're saying oh well.. Android malfunctions (the phone you mean.. Which isn't Android it's that manufacturers phone) but iPhone doesn't malfunction as much (now you're comparing a phone).

As other said compare the phone (iPhone) to another top end Android phone (HTC One / S4).. And then it's a fair comparison.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think here, in the US, we're fortunate to have decent handsets across the price spectrum w/out too much garbage. I'm not sure the situation is the same in growing markets like China and India. Perhaps someone in those markets can elaborate.

S IV

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This is comparing a phone to a OS just FYI. Not what you think it is.

iPhone = phone. / iOS is their OS.

Android = OS. / HTC One, Galaxy S4,etc. = phone.

So no... You aren't comparing the same thing. Your comparing the phone to the OS. You'd have to compare iOS to Android but instead you're saying oh well.. Android malfunctions (the phone you mean.. Which isn't Android it's that manufacturers phone) but iPhone doesn't malfunction as much (now you're comparing a phone).

As other said compare the phone (iPhone) to another top end Android phone (HTC One / S4).. And then it's a fair comparison.

No, I am comparing iPhones with Android phones, not the OS's. The entire spectrum of iPhones with the entire spectrum of Android phones. Top-tier Android phones are great, but the cheap junk is what really hurts their reputation. If we talk about OS's, then you have to consider earlier versions of Android, which are still on a lot of phones (pre-Gingerbread), and these versions are not good at all, whereas iOS has pretty much been good all along.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I think here, in the US, we're fortunate to have decent handsets across the price spectrum w/out too much garbage. I'm not sure the situation is the same in growing markets like China and India. Perhaps someone in those markets can elaborate.

S IV

I agree about the U.S., but the growing markets are getting the cheap stuff that I was referring to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No, I am comparing iPhones with Android phones, not the OS's. The entire spectrum of iPhones with the entire spectrum of Android phones. Top-tier Android phones are great, but the cheap junk is what really hurts their reputation. If we talk about OS's, then you have to consider earlier versions of Android, which are still on a lot of phones (pre-Gingerbread), and these versions are not good at all, whereas iOS has pretty much been good all along.

It has not lol. The older versions suck horribly for iOS. You couldn't even play music and do another app till iOS 4.

Again your comparing a phone to a OS. You'd have to drop cheap phone names vs the iPhone to be fair. Compare the cream of the crop to the cream of the crop.

Otherwise.. I could be like OH yeah my friends iPhone 3g died on him. White screen doesn't boot.. Man that's defective! :rolleyes:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why? Aren't the cheap phones part of the Android world? They are what gave Android a lot of their market share.

There are cheap devices that run android, but they are not android. Android is the software released by Google. Are you trying to compare apple to Google software or Samsung to apple hardware?

Nexus. Through spacetime.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why? Aren't the cheap phones part of the Android world? They are what gave Android a lot of their market share.

Because your saying iPhone. That's a phone. Android is a OS. If your comparing the iPhone OS to Android that's iOS vs Android.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It has not lol. The older versions suck horribly for iOS. You couldn't even play music and do another app till iOS 4.

Again your comparing a phone to a OS. You'd have to drop cheap phone names vs the iPhone to be fair. Compare the cream of the crop to the cream of the crop.

Otherwise.. I could be like OH yeah my friends iPhone 3g died on him. White screen doesn't boot.. Man that's defective! :rolleyes:

The iphone could play music from the gate... That was kind of the point. Combining your iPod and phone.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The iphone could play music from the gate... That was kind of the point. Combining your iPod and phone.

I think he ment at the same time as in multi tasking yes it was an ipod meets phone but you couldn't play it in the background

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
While on the topic of music, I want to point out that Apple was the only one in the beginning to have a successful music system (the iPod and iTunes).

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I think he ment at the same time as in multi tasking yes it was an ipod meets phone but you couldn't play it in the background

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Gotcha I thought the second part was referring to the lack of 3rd part apps

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This. If I was streaming Pandora and wanted to Facebook... You couldn't till iOS 4.. It would cut Pandora off till you made it the foreground app.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This. If I was streaming Pandora and wanted to Facebook... You couldn't till iOS 4.. It would cut Pandora off till you made it the foreground app.

That sucked when I had my old iPod 2g. It always killed my music. I'm glad Apple fixed it though, I always listened to music while opening random apps on my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463