S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Where did you get that from my statement? I said "They have the most trouble-free phones, music players, and computers on the market, IMO. And their customer service is another quality product." How is that construed as selling a lot?
And my statement, IMHO, is 100% correct.
I don't understand how that could be a matter of opinion. Either there's data to support that what you said is true or it's not. The defect rate of a device has nothing to do with an individual's opinion.

There's actually some data that says, at least in the past, that Apple laptops were not the most trouble free laptops:

Laptop Reliability Study: Asus and Toshiba Come Out on Top

Without data like that for each category you listed you can't really say which brands are most trouble free.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how that could be a matter of opinion. Either there's data to support that what you said is true or it's not. The defect rate of a device has nothing to do with an individual's opinion.

There's actually some data that says, at least in the past, that Apple laptops were not the most trouble free laptops:

Without data like that for each category you listed you can't really say which brands are most trouble free.

All products have issues, the main advantage with Apple is you can go in and get it repaired quickly. Best Buy and others will ship it out. Nice thing about Fry's warranty is they will let you get a free loaner.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion. That being said, I believe that if you take all Apple products in general (phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops), that it would be true that they are the most problem-free. Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.

Sorry for double post.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion. That being said, I believe that if you take all Apple products in general (phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops), that it would be true that they are the most problem-free. Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.

So... Paying for overpriced apple macs does nothing for me

So, if a person has to buy 2 or 3 Windows computers during the lifetime of a Mac, then is the Mac overpriced?
As for myself, I use Windows because I am limited to spend the smaller amount for the Windows computer. But I believe that the Mac is a better investment, IMHO.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

So, if a person has to buy 2 or 3 Windows computers during the lifetime of a Mac, then is the Mac overpriced?
As for myself, I use Windows because I am limited to spend the smaller amount for the Windows computer. But I believe that the Mac is a better investment, IMHO.

Yes Mac is overpriced. I build my own computers.. So.. Yeah trust me it's cheaper :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
So.. Yeah trust me it's cheaper

Okay, so my opinion is no good, but now we are to trust yours? Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I know that I would love to be able to build my own, but I don't have the know-how. I'm at the mercy of the manufacturers.:(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so my opinion is no good, but now we are to trust yours? Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I know that I would love to be able to build my own, but I don't have the know-how. I'm at the mercy of the manufacturers.:(

Did I say your opinion wasn't good? You told me someone buy 2-3 PCs when a Mac lasts just as long as them... That is pure opinion on your part. You may go through 2-3 PCs in the life of a Mac but it's not the staple fact for everyone.

You straight throw out something like it's a fact.. Then once called say oh it's my opinion. So I throw mine out.. Saying it isn't for me. Notice in all mine I said buying a overpriced Mac isn't for me... Then you go on to tell me the mac is cheaper than buy 2-3 PCs when I never even said I did.. And when I build my own. You just assume we all buy multiple PCs. You also half quote me and respond to that leaving out key things such as I build my own.. So it's cheaper. For me. Yes. Me.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
What is there about "IMHO" that you didn't understand? Facts aside, I can have my opinion.
I could state that, IMO, acceleration due to gravity on Earth is 5 m/s^2, but that wouldn't change anything about gravity itself. My opinion would be flat out wrong, too. The affect of gravity is not something that is worth giving an opinion on. You're either right or wrong about what it is. Stating an opinion on defect rate is a logical fallacy. You're claiming your argument holds some sort of logical weight because it's just an "opinion" but the subject matter is a quantifiable fact (even if we may not be able to get the data), not a subjective quality. Something like "overpriced" is subjective. Defect rate is not.

Just on these forums, I can pick any one Android phone, and it shows a whole lot more problems than the iPhone forums show for an iPhone. Some are hardware and some are software, but problems nonetheless.
For that to matter you'd have to prove that actual defect rates mirror forum complaints. We're talking about dozens or hundreds of complaints and tens of millions of phones. The sample size is just too small to use forum posts as representative data.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
How is this thread still going? It has already covered anything from technology to how water got on Mars (okay maybe not that one). You guys never stop surprising me with how long you can keep a thread going

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Where did you get that from my statement? I said "They have the most trouble-free phones, music players, and computers on the market, IMO. And their customer service is another quality product." How is that construed as selling a lot?
And my statement, IMHO, is 100% correct.
It's easy to be trouble free when you are using the same OS for 7 years. Innovation comes at a cost.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use both Windows and Macs at my design company. Both have their pluses, but Macs truly don't outlive PCs. This may have been the case 10 years ago but not now. Macs do last longer than a cheap crappy PC that costs $300 but one that costs $1000 will last just as long as a Mac that costs $2000. In fact I couldn't spend any more than $1200 on my Dell PC and it had better specs in every category. Plus I could still upgrade the HD and Video card if needed later. The iMac was waaaay more $ with far less specs and not upgradable in any way except ram. If I went to a desktop version of a Mac Pro I would have to go to serves with such stupid specs that it would run NASA. Of course for much less $ than the Mac Pro.

Sent from my Nexus 4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If y'all notice, only one person keeps on pushing the envelope on the same subject over and over and over again...
Let's just try to let him be, I think he'll be happier at an ios forum but for some weird reason wants to stay here. :p

Salud!
:D:beer::beer::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's a very short list. How about 64-bit processor first on a smartphone? Dual 2-color flash?
Seriously? A faster processor and dual flash is innovation? These are hardware upgrades that don't even count on Android as real features. Photosphere is an innovative camera feature. The new Oppo phone has a rotating camera with dual flash. That's innovation but still not anything like Google Now.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34