S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It is not anyone's place to publicly discuss moderating action or discipline. If you have any questions about moderating action, feel free to PM a moderator. It is not, however, in our practice to discuss action taken against other members. This thread has been cleaned up. This is the last warning to keep things civil and on topic.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am gald apple is doing well and with features android doesn't have. Same can be said for android. keeps us getting good development. I highly doubt the average user will be decoding two 720p movies on the iphone, but if one wants, one can.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
64-bit. Dual colors on the flash. Things that Android doesn't have. And with 9 million sales in the first 3 days, they must be doing something right.

64 bit won't be benefical at all to the iPhone until they surpass the 4GB ram mark, so that should be roughly the time the iPhone 8S releases. For the time being, the 64 Bit aspect is marketing fluff and people like you are believing the hype.

Selling 9 million devices in 3 days is nothing special when you have such a large user base that is blind too all other products besides Apple's. Lets see how the iPhone does in sales after a month or two, I predict poorly.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
64-bit. Dual colors on the flash. Things that Android doesn't have. And with 9 million sales in the first 3 days, they must be doing something right.
So what. That's not innovation. Android releases lots of new things when they release new phones too. This is standard practice. Give it a month and every phone will have this stuff. Like I said the Oppo just came out today and they have some of this stuff. It's not innovative. Computers will have 8 core processors soon too. It's not innovation it's just advancements in hardware.

Siri is innovation. The App store was innovation. A camera made by Sony and a CPU made by Samsung isn't innovation. The iPhone is a great phone if you want old ideas that work well. Let's not dress up the old lady and try to sell her as a 20 year old because she ain't.

Apple will sell lots of phones to lots of people wanting basic features that work. This doesn't mean they are innovative.

Sent from my Nexus 4

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Things that Android doesn't have.
Wait... why are you counting 64-bit and such as innovation because Android phones don't have it, but you dismiss a 100-feature list of things iPhones don't have? Doesn't seem fair to me.

And with 9 million sales in the first 3 days, they must be doing something right.
So you'd say Samsung is also doing something right?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am gald apple is doing well and with features android doesn't have. Same can be said for android. keeps us getting good development. I highly doubt the average user will be decoding two 720p movies on the iphone, but if one wants, one can.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
I like your post but what are these features Apple has that Android doesn't?

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a new S4 that I will trade for 5s.

Posted via Android Central App
in your whopping 15 posts you also state you also have a GN and an HTC phone and a iPhone. Which is it? Plus you've entered 6 contests. Seems odd. Do you live under a bridge? Just checking.

Sent from my Nexus 4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
But not Apple's innovation. They acquired Siri. Sure, they added things of their own, but the idea wasn't theirs.

It wasn't anything special. Cydia came first.
Exactly but they are still innovative things. I was just trying to give definition to something they would understand in order to give perspective. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait... why are you counting 64-bit and such as innovation because Android phones don't have it, but you dismiss a 100-feature list of things iPhones don't have? Doesn't seem fair to me.

That's what biased people do. They ignore all other facts and harp on their few things over and over.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a new S4 that I will trade for 5s.

Posted via Android Central App
LOL! :D
in your whopping 15 posts you also state you also have a GN and an HTC phone and a iPhone. Which is it? Plus you've entered 6 contests. Seems odd. Do you live under a bridge? Just checking.

Sent from my Nexus 4

He made me laugh! :thumbup::D

Anyway, on his defense I like to say he's been here since February 2010.
He probably had or still has those devices.
Who knows?
I still have my launch day Palm Prē, and still use it with WiFi from time to time! :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I could state that, IMO, acceleration due to gravity on Earth is 5 m/s^2, but that wouldn't change anything about gravity itself.

Nobody noticed this? Maybe it is habit because of my past interest and studies in aerospace but it is 9.81 m/s2.

Exactly but they are still innovative things. I was just trying to give definition to something they would understand in order to give perspective. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4

So who has innovated more in that time period? Innovated, not threw features against the wall and see if they stick.

Technology the 64 bit processor isn't new, but is new to mobile.
The idea of using a 64 bit chip itself isn't innovated at all, because it has been used in other systems years ago like the one I like to point out the most.
The N64 was a 64 bit system.

Here is the innovation in the 5s.

M7 processor to calculate motion.
Not the fact that they used a 64 bit processor but how in their design they were able improve speed dramatically of processing dramatically without having to push the cpu ghz. The last 2 chips they haven't followed ARM at certain points at all.
Their 64bit chip is beating up Baytrail and that is a very bad sign.
The design of the touchid in its high ppi scanning is innovative, but the idea of a fingerprint scanner itself is not.

Except none of these aren't earthshattering and in the end it is still kind of boring.
Nobody is going to notice any real speed difference between the iPhone 5 and 5s except maybe in gaming.
The fingerprint system has been broken.
64bit is more of a future proof technology.

We are in an era of blah from everybody right now until the next big thing comes along.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. But the S4 took nearly a month to reach that figure.

See pappy is cutting the quote out again. He purposely didn't even address this. As I said biased people simply ignore the facts :).

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
See pappy is cutting the quote out again. He purposely didn't even address this. As I said biased people simply ignore the facts :).

What are you talking about? I responded to his question about sales. How is that cutting the quote out? His post was two separate responses. Reading comprehension is your friend.:)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

What are you talking about? I responded to his question about sales. How is that cutting the quote out? His post was two separate responses. Reading comprehension is your friend.:)

Talking about the quote above. Reading is very good I agree.. :). As I said you didn't answer his question just turned the blind eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad