S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Talking about the quote above. Reading is very good I agree.. :). As I said you didn't answer his question just turned the blind eye.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

It went from innovations to features, which are not the same. Agreed, Google Now is an innovation, but a list of 100 features is not.

Enjoy your One, and I will enjoy my X (if the camera gets fixed).

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Go read up on 64 bit and then come back and we will have a discussion. It's like talking too a stuck up child at this point.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

All that I know is that 64-bit apps are becoming available as we speak, and are performing better and faster. As far as phone performance, I don't know if it is the 64-bit or something else, but the 5s is basically blowing everything out of the water on most benchmarks on this site:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
All that I know is that 64-bit apps are becoming available as we speak, and are performing better and faster. As far as phone performance, I don't know if it is the 64-bit or something else, but the 5s is basically blowing everything out of the water on most benchmarks on this site:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

The performance gains on the iPhone are due too the new ArmV8 chip, 64 bit is useless on 1gb ram and is in no way responsible for the performance gains, hence it is marketing fluff.

You also have too consider the different platform and thus there is also an inconsistency in benchmarking results between two different platforms.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The performance gains on the iPhone are due too the new ArmV8 chip, 64 bit is useless on 1gb ram and is in no way responsible for the performance gains, hence it is marketing fluff.

You also have too consider the different platform and thus there is also an inconsistency in benchmarking results between two different platforms.

http://www.totootwo.com

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I don't know, but from what I have read, whether 1GB ram or 4GB, much more data can flow on the 64-bit. As far as your second point, if that is true, then any and all benchmarks between iOS, Android, and WP8 are useless. C'mon, man!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.totootwo.com

+1

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, but from what I have read, whether 1GB ram or 4GB, much more data can flow on the 64-bit. As far as your second point, if that is true, then any and all benchmarks between iOS, Android, and WP8 are useless. C'mon, man!

- - - Updated - - -

+1

I don't think people understand Anandtech's reviews that well. He is very exited in the SoC's custom design and structure to increase performance dramatically over the last generation.
Not getting into 64 bit/32 bit with anyone here, very complicated but to summarize: For 98% of applications: 64 bit won't do squat.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree that people don't get that every single performance increase Apple got out of their new SoC has to do with the 64-bit architecture. They could very well have gotten similar performance out of a 32-bit architecture. So even if their processor is better, 64-bit can still be just a red herring for the time being.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think all the talk over which phone is faster than the other may be purely academic. Unless you're experiencing lag how much difference does it really make? .004 seconds rendering a web page vs. 0041 seconds?

from my Sony XTZ

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
As i have posted and talked about in the forum i just sold my iphone 5 and bought the HTC one, i have the odd pang but on the whole i am liking the move, it's a whole new learning curve and i love customising my new phone, i got tired of the restrictions Apple impose and IOS 7 was a huge let down for me....so here i am.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My apologies for letting a typo slip by me. I didn't even know websites existed that taught grammatical concepts.

Lol I'm not usually such a grammar Nazi but twice in one post kills my inner writer.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Nobody noticed this? Maybe it is habit because of my past interest and studies in aerospace but it is 9.81 m/s2.

Technology the 64 bit processor isn't new, but is new to mobile.
The idea of using a 64 bit chip itself isn't innovated at all, because it has been used in other systems years ago like the one I like to point out the most.
The N64 was a 64 bit system.

Here is the innovation in the 5s.

M7 processor to calculate motion.
Not the fact that they used a 64 bit processor but how in their design they were able improve speed dramatically of processing dramatically without having to push the cpu ghz. The last 2 chips they haven't followed ARM at certain points at all.
Their 64bit chip is beating up Baytrail and that is a very bad sign.
The design of the touchid in its high ppi scanning is innovative, but the idea of a fingerprint scanner itself is not.

Except none of these aren't earthshattering and in the end it is still kind of boring.
Nobody is going to notice any real speed difference between the iPhone 5 and 5s except maybe in gaming.
The fingerprint system has been broken.
64bit is more of a future proof technology.

We are in an era of blah from everybody right now until the next big thing comes along.

Lol thank u bro. A 64 bit processor was new when nintendo made it famous.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Activated my wife's 5s last night,,, gold 32. She is in heaven with it,,, I couldn't wait to be finished . I could never use that toy after using my s4 since release day.

But nothing like having a happy wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie