S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Fitton

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes things might of changed for Apple and what they did with the new ios but from what I've used it doesn't do anything compared to android and that is a proven fact. Ios is trying to catch up to us Android people which are over a billion strong

Posted via Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Activated my wife's 5s last night,,, gold 32. She is in heaven with it,,, I couldn't wait to be finished . I could never use that toy after using my s4 since release day.

But nothing like having a happy wife!

But her toy is going to be faster than your toy, and more than likely smoother. Unless you have one of those "lag-free" S4's. And probably a better camera, IMO.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine is pretty smooth, especially after the original update,,, Animations at .5,

I am glad. You are one of the lucky ones. I have several friends with the S4, and even after the update "fixed" them, they still lag today. That is the reason that I never got one.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
But her toy is going to be faster than your toy, and more than likely smoother. Unless you have one of those "lag-free" S4's. And probably a better camera, IMO.

Omg is u gonna be there in person to find out???? I'll take a blue one or a note 3 over that Lil toy that fits my Lil niece fingers just fine lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am glad. You are one of the lucky ones. I have several friends with the S4, and even after the update "fixed" them, they still lag today. That is the reason that I never got one.

Maybe because I don't use the stock dialer or sms. I go with ex dialer and chomp.
Also, SwiftKey

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Have they done factory resets since the latest firmware update? Many (most) times those updates need a factory reset to really work correctly.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Maybe because I don't use the stock dialer or sms. I go with ex dialer and chomp.
Also, SwiftKey

From what I have been told, 3rd party launchers, etc. make a lot of difference. I just can't justify that much money, and worry about lag, because I'm sure that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones.:(

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
From what I have been told, 3rd party launchers, etc. make a lot of difference. I just can't justify that much money, and worry about lag, because I'm sure that I wouldn't be one of the lucky ones.:(

My Ip5 has more lag them the GS4 (I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid), the IP5 is worse now since updating to IOS7, which by the way, most of the people at our office that upgraded hate it, we all think it is ugly.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My Ip5 has more lag them the GS4 (I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid), the IP5 is worse now since updating to IOS7, which by the way, most of the people at our office that upgraded hate it, we all think it is ugly.

This remained me that my nieces and their friends (all teenagers btw) hate the update :D
After the update I haven't pay attention to the iPhones my nieces own, so I don't know if they lag.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I had an iPhone 5 for about a week in late June and I don't recall it having any lag or other performance issues. ...I just couldn't get accustomed to that teensy weensy little screen after having once owned a Note 2.

from my Sony XTZ

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 for about a week in late June and I don't recall it having any lag or other performance issues. ...I just couldn't get accustomed to that teensy weensy little screen after having once owned a Note 2.

from my Sony XTZ

Yeah, it is very rare to see lag on an iPhone 5.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

from my Sony XTZ

Yeah, it is very rare to see lag on an iPhone 5.

(I have never had any lag issues with my androids, going way back to the Droid)

Embellishing a little, aren't you? If not, then you are the only person on the planet that has had a long history of Android phones, with no lag. Lol!

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

from my Sony XTZ

I agree with you there, really do not like the small screen. I had hopped Apple would join the rest and have the new phone come with a larger screen. it just feels like their development has just stalled.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you there, really do not like the small screen. I had hopped Apple would join the rest and have the new phone come with a larger screen. it just feels like their development has just stalled.

Yea, they need to copy someone else and bring bigger displays. That won't make me buy their phones anyway, but people who want bigger displays on their iphones should be happy.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
its quite surprising but yes, I seemed to have missed the lag and power connection issues that pop up on a regular basis here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge