S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
No. All we're saying is that your "S4 is no good because of lag" holds no merit when there are millions of other who don't have it. You only see problems people are having online because the majority of time that is when people post about their device the most. Don't get it twisted Mr. Yankee fan!! :p

I have not said that the S4 is no good. You're the one twisting! But you said that he can speak for millions of people, did you not? I'm sure that millions don't have lag, or don't realize it, but you can bet that with all of the forums that filled up with the lag issue, that there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands that do have lag.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not said that the S4 is no good. You're the one twisting! But you said that he can speak for millions of people, did you not? I'm sure that millions don't have lag, or don't realize it, but you can bet that with all of the forums that filled up with the lag issue, that there are thousands if not hundreds of thousands that do have lag.

I stated that there are millions of others, not just him like you were pointing out. Yes, I agree, there must be hundreds of thousands of people with the issue considering the amount of S4's Samsung sold! :)

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you seriously believe that, or just an Apple hater? I think the latter. Apple has put nothing but quality products on the market.

Not sure about this... I honestly don't think you're right. It's the marketing that's keeping them floating. What is your definition of quality anyway?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
not just him like you were pointing out

I said that he could only speak for his, not that he was the only one. Read, read, read!
Yes, I agree, there must be hundreds of thousands of people with the issue considering the amount of S4's Samsung sold!

And that is acceptable? Samsung should have gotten it right before release, or at least closer to right, before they released the phone, IMHO. But it is a great phone, once the issue is resolved.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
qual?i?ty [kwol-i-tee] Show IPA noun, plural qual?i?ties,
high grade; superiority; excellence

" It's the marketing that's keeping them floating."
That would be Samsung.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I said that he could only speak for his, not that he was the only one. Read, read, read!

And we all notice that you seem to read things in these forums thru your Apple purple kool-aid glasses and only see what you want. Namely only good things about Apple and negative things for everyone else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And we all notice that you seem to read things in these forums thru your Apple purple kool-aid glasses and only see what you want. Namely only good things about Apple and negative things for everyone else.

As you typed this, you were looking through your fandroid glasses, so what is the difference? Apple has it's faults, too. But I'm not an Apple fanboy, as I have been using a Moto X. And Samsung could take some lessons from Motorola, as far as fluidity, smoothness, speed, and overall performance goes.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
As you typed this, you were looking through your fandroid glasses, so what is the difference? Apple has it's faults, too. But I'm not an Apple fanboy, as I have been using a Moto X. And Samsung could take some lessons from Motorola, as far as fluidity, smoothness, speed, and overall performance goes.

Difference being is that we are in Android forums and you are taking every opportunity to rah rah apple and downplay everyone else. I am not in Apple forums going rah rah Android and being negative to Apple.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Difference being is that we are in Android forums and you are taking every opportunity to rah rah apple and downplay everyone else. I am not in Apple forums going rah rah Android and being negative to Apple.

This has been my point all along! :thumbup::)
Unfortunately, he just doesn't get it...:sly:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You can only speak for yours.

That is a good argument only if you believe that my S4 is somehow different from ever other s4 on the planet. But, so you know, we have three of them in my house. Zero lag on any of them.

All are on VZW, so maybe the GSM versions are different. However, it is noteworthy that the other two are stock Touchwhiz (my phone has third party replacements for most stuff).

And, if you are going to play that " you can only speak for the phone you own" card, I wonder why you are trying to convince us you know all about a phone you don't happen to have yourself? .

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

My last two androids were Motos. Never again.

Maybe the x is better because it is closer to a stock experience but those were horrible phones.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That is a good argument only if you believe that my S4 is somehow different from ever other s4 on the planet. But, so you know, we have three of them in my house. Zero lag on any of them.

All are on VZW, so maybe the GSM versions are different. However, it is noteworthy that the other two are stock Touchwhiz (my phone has third party replacements for most stuff).

And, if you are going to play that " you can only speak for the phone you own" card, I wonder why you are trying to convince us you know all about a phone you don't happen to have yourself? .

This ^
:thumbup::cool::beer:

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple has really dropped the ball without Steve behind the wheel. The amount of problems I experienced with IOS 6 when I had an iPhone and the amount of problems I'm seeing on my friends iPhones with IOS 7 is absolutely unacceptable and below the standard for Apple.

I like IOS 7 a lot and have had no problems. Not a fun to use as android but still a nice OS.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My last two androids were Motos. Never again.

Maybe the x is better because it is closer to a stock experience but those were horrible phones.

My X is an amazing little device. I'm throughly impressed with it.

Last two devices were Nexus and before that I used an HTC and an LG.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope. They were also pre ICS, and the 2.x versions of Android were inherently less stable than 4.x. So, a lot has changed.

My buddy just swapped his GN3 for a Droid Maxx and loves it. He hasn't had any of the issues I did, fwiw.

FathOm88

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Will the Galaxy S4 get Android 4.3 and the new TouchWiz features that are included in the Note 3?
I would love to get a Note 3, but I can't swing $$$ and will never lease a phone, so that
is not an option for me.

So, if the Galaxy S4 is slated to get the 4.3 upgrade and the new TouchWiz features, I'll pick up one
of those.

Galaxy S4 seems lag and Note 3 new TouchWiz seems no lag I don't think about specs.

Has anyone heard anything?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Will the Galaxy S4 get Android 4.3 and the new TouchWiz features that are included in the Note 3?
I would love to get a Note 3, but I can't swing $$$ and will never lease a phone, so that
is not an option for me.

So, if the Galaxy S4 is slated to get the 4.3 upgrade and the new TouchWiz features, I'll pick up one
of those.

Galaxy S4 seems lag and Note 3 new TouchWiz seems no lag I don't think about specs.

Has anyone heard anything?

My Galaxy S4 never had lag!
Of course it will get all the bells and whistles from the new TW!

And yes, I heard something, my phone said: "Tell all these people the truth, tell them how awesome I am!"
:thumbup::cool:

FathOm88

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy S4 never had lag!
Of course it will get all the bells and whistles from the new TW!

And yes, I heard something, my phone said: "Tell all these people the truth, tell them how awesome I am!"
:thumbup::cool:

Whats your theme? old TouchWiz or?

Status
Not open for further replies.