S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same. For me the major issues are:

- Voice recognition is very flawed. If there is any noise or Wind or anything it doesn't work. When it does work it will do all sorts of stupid things.
- Battery life is a joke. I rarelly use the phone, maybe once or twice a day and the battery is dead before the day is over despite the fact I have it set to low battery consumption and even added the defender app to reduce usage. Now what I do is I turn everything off (GPS, Wifi, ect) so that I can end the day with about 10% power. That is totally unaceptable. My iPhone 3gs which is 4 years old lasted 2 days with much higher usage. I am scared to do anything on the phone because I know it will die on me before the day is over.

- Only 8 gb of usable memory on the phone? OMG! Then you buy an SD card to find out the phone can't really use it. Won't let you use it for Apps and if you put media on it you need to find work around to play them because the Music app won't recognize it.

- And my lastest issue, after about a week of having the SD card in the phone, my Galaxy S4 thinks the card is empty. My PC can see all the files but the phone can't.

I have never seen such a bad product. I purchased it because my friends are Android fans and they convinced me that Apple was outdated. After looking at the specs of the S4 I was convinced they were right. Well, you know what, this phone might have 2 quad core processors, but it's slower than the iPhone 5. It lags on pretty much everything it does, you simply don't feel the speed. Those processors are very good at one thing though: Killing you battery.

Once my contract is over I will go back to Apple and NEVER purchase an other Android phone again. The user experience is aweful.

I know for a fact u had a bad unit.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same. For me the major issues are:

- Voice recognition is very flawed. If there is any noise or Wind or anything it doesn't work. When it does work it will do all sorts of stupid things.
- Battery life is a joke. I rarelly use the phone, maybe once or twice a day and the battery is dead before the day is over despite the fact I have it set to low battery consumption and even added the defender app to reduce usage. Now what I do is I turn everything off (GPS, Wifi, ect) so that I can end the day with about 10% power. That is totally unaceptable. My iPhone 3gs which is 4 years old lasted 2 days with much higher usage. I am scared to do anything on the phone because I know it will die on me before the day is over.

- Only 8 gb of usable memory on the phone? OMG! Then you buy an SD card to find out the phone can't really use it. Won't let you use it for Apps and if you put media on it you need to find work around to play them because the Music app won't recognize it.

- And my lastest issue, after about a week of having the SD card in the phone, my Galaxy S4 thinks the card is empty. My PC can see all the files but the phone can't.

I have never seen such a bad product. I purchased it because my friends are Android fans and they convinced me that Apple was outdated. After looking at the specs of the S4 I was convinced they were right. Well, you know what, this phone might have 2 quad core processors, but it's slower than the iPhone 5. It lags on pretty much everything it does, you simply don't feel the speed. Those processors are very good at one thing though: Killing you battery.

Once my contract is over I will go back to Apple and NEVER purchase an other Android phone again. The user experience is aweful.

Haven't you read this forum? No S4 has any lag. /s :)

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Yup. And, posts on a forum are a great source of data. Solid scientific stuff. Better than actual experience, by far.

The fact that this poster is having problems that basically don't exist should be a clue as to how rock solid that is. I have listened to music on my sd card from the day I bought the phone.

I am of the opinion that their are legitimate reasons to prefer one OS over the other. IOS 7 exudes a feel of elegance and simplicity that some may prefer over the customization of android, and the hardware is gorgeous. I still am going to stick with my S4, but I see why others prefer iPhone. But, rather than key on that real stuff you basically fabricate random junk that isn't true and then cite random posts from unhappy owners as evidence.

Not trying to flame you, but that is pretty weak. If you have really used both systems you ought to be able to come up with something that is at least factually correct.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yup. And, posts on a forum are a great source of data. Solid scientific stuff. Better than actual experience, by far.

The fact that this poster is having problems that basically don't exist should be a clue as to how rock solid that is.

So, the poster is not telling the truth? Since you haven't had the problems that he is having, then those problems must not exist? Take off the glasses! /smh

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I really have no idea what is going on with that poster's phone. I am sure he is a perfectly smart fellow but there could be any number of variables at play. That is why I take the time to ACTUALLY DIRECTLY EXPERIENCE the OS and I don't rely on chatboard posts as evidence. From what I have seen repeatedly on this board, users will have some problem like lag and then there is some basic solution that they need to implement. Surprise, surprise they then have the same nice experience the rest of us are having.

Essentially, you have no experience with the S4 at all and thus can be discounted as completely uninformed.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

What irks me about that whole line of discussion is that there actually are strengths of weaknesses about each platform that are interested to analyze. And, focusing on trying to convince us that their is a problem none of are having subverts the entire direction of things.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I have read this forum and no one has said no S4 lags, but you have tried to imply on multiple occasions that since one S4 lags then they all lag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And, focusing on trying to convince us that their is a problem none of are having subverts the entire direction of things.

None of you are having? How can you speak for everyone, unless you have "DIRECTLY EXPERIENCED" everybody's personal phone? You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
Anyway, enjoy your S4. I'm glad that you aren't having any lag issues, and I truly wish that all S4 owners could experience the same thing.:)

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
And, focusing on trying to convince us that their is a problem none of are having subverts the entire direction of things.

None of you are having? How can you speak for everyone, unless you have "DIRECTLY EXPERIENCED" everybody's personal phone? You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
Anyway, enjoy your S4. I'm glad that you aren't having any lag issues, and I truly wish that all S4 owners could experience the same thing.:)
From what I have seen repeatedly on this board, users will have some problem like lag and then there is some basic solution that they need to implement. Surprise, surprise they then have the same nice experience the rest of us are having.

Isn't that "relying on chatboard posts as evidence", since you aren't "directly experiencing" their issue?

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
@fishenfool
"I have read this forum and no one has said no S4 lags, but you have tried to imply on multiple occasions that since one S4 lags then they all lag."

I have done no such thing. I have said that there are some that the update fixed, but many still have the issue. How is that every one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc