S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There is room for a thoughtful iPhone vs s4 discussion. IOS 7 is a gorgeous os, as is Jelly bean. And, the s4 and iPhone are two of the worlds most popular phones. Lots to compare.

Problem is that the conversation is getting bogged down with folk who have never even used the S4 and have an ax to grind.

I would much rather see some informed discussions about the actual features of each phone by posters who have really evaluated the two.

Oh well. Guess that was too much to ask.......

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There is room for a thoughtful iPhone vs s4 discussion. IOS 7 is a gorgeous os, as is Jelly bean. And, the s4 and iPhone are two of the worlds most popular phones. Lots to compare.

Problem is that the conversation is getting bogged down with folk who have never even used the S4 and have an ax to grind.

I would much rather see some informed discussions about the actual features of each phone by posters who have really evaluated the two.

Oh well. Guess that was too much to ask.......

The thing is, most people that have extensively used both, like myself, don't really have much bad to say about either Lol.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
My HTC One lags occasionally :)

I haven't seen this as a common compliant, so I certainly don't go around telling everyone that "the" HTC One lags!

Sent from my HTC One :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Please keep conversations civil and on topic. Disruptive posting, personal attacks and inappropriate language are not acceptable. If you have an issue with a post, please either ignore it and move on or hit the report button if you feel it violates the forum rules & polices. Thread has been cleaned up.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see any folks like that.

Ok, I will bite. You have claimed that lag is an issue on the s4, and that is one reason why it is inferior to the iPhone. Under what specific circumstances does that lag occur? What exact behavior constitutes lag in those situations? In other words, I want to know exactly what problems with the s4 you are highlighting.

I will then try to replicate myself (I do not believe my phone is a mutant, it will behave like any other s4).

Now, if you don't have that info, you will see why I am skeptical.

PS again, let me emphasize that this is about phones. Do not feel attacked personally, please.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I will bite. You have claimed that lag is an issue on the s4, and that is one reason why it is inferior to the iPhone. Under what specific circumstances does that lag occur? What exact behavior constitutes lag in those situations? In other words, I want to know exactly what problems with the s4 you are highlighting.

I will then try to replicate myself (I do not believe my phone is a mutant, it will behave like any other s4).

Now, if you don't have that info, you will see why I am skeptical.

PS again, let me emphasize that this is about phones. Do not feel attacked personally, please.

I don't have that info available, but if you Google "S4 lag", you will find a lot. I will talk to a couple of friends that have them tomorrow, and try to post their issues with the lag.
FWIW, I am considering returning the Moto X, and getting an S4, because of camera. I am not sure that the camera fix is going to be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc