S4 not as good as an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not for a Nexus.:)

You'd rather have a 5" TouchWiz phone with buttons and an S600 than a 5" Nexus (better hardware (presumably), better software (obviously) with the S800? The only thing I can think of that would give TouchWiz any edge is the camera. The X vs Nexus (rumors) is a somewhat tough call to me, depending on what KK has for features. But (again IMO) the S4 is low in the top 10 list for me, while the 5s, Nexus and X are all top 5. My guess is our top ten lists probably look somewhat different :D

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You'd rather have a 5" TouchWiz phone with buttons and an S600 than a 5" Nexus (better hardware (presumably), better software (obviously) with the S800? The only thing I can think of that would give TouchWiz any edge is the camera. The X vs Nexus (rumors) is a somewhat tough call to me, depending on what KK has for features. But (again IMO) the S4 is low in the top 10 list for me, while the 5s, Nexus and X are all top 5. My guess is our top ten lists probably look somewhat different :D

Actually, if the camera improves, I had rather have the X than any of the above mentioned.:)

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: s4 not as good as an iPhone

Why are you posting this? Do you want us to tell you that you're wrong and it's actually good? Are you asking how to switch back?

Are you venting? Are you trying to get people in a heated argument?

I just don't see the point of posting this here. You have a tiny computer, you decided to switch it for a different tiny computer, you like the old one better. Am I getting that right? You're complaining that you have to take an extra step to download music? Sorry but as a person that went from no smartphone to an S4, this seems like a pretty childish and silly thread.
I really love how you try to blame people on the forum for your decision. Of course the people on this forum told you the S4 was better than the Iphone, it's the android forum. I bet you the Iphone forums would tell you the Iphone is better. Don't blame strangers on the internet for a decision you made that you are unhappy with.

Food for thought.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why are you posting this? Do you want us to tell you that you're wrong and it's actually good? Are you asking how to switch back?

Are you venting? Are you trying to get people in a heated argument?

I just don't see the point of posting this here. You have a tiny computer, you decided to switch it for a different tiny computer, you like the old one better. Am I getting that right? You're complaining that you have to take an extra step to download music? Sorry but as a person that went from no smartphone to an S4, this seems like a pretty childish and silly thread.
I really love how you try to blame people on the forum for your decision. Of course the people on this forum told you the S4 was better than the Iphone, it's the android forum. I bet you the Iphone forums would tell you the Iphone is better. Don't blame strangers on the internet for a decision you made that you are unhappy with.

Food for thought.

If you notice it's a dead thread. Someone dug it up.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

If you notice it's a dead thread. Someone dug it up.

Ok cool. My question wasn't "Why is this near the top of the forum?" it was "why was this posted?" as in, why was this posted to begin with?

It's still a valid question.
This forum is starting to read like a fascinating character study of extremely spoiled overprivileged people.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok cool. My question wasn't "Why is this near the top of the forum?" it was "why was this posted?" as in, why was this posted to begin with?

This forum is starting to read like a fascinating character study of extremely spoiled overprivileged people.

That's already been questioned.

Sent from Tapatalk 4 on my HTC One

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
That is one Android phone out of so many iPhone you get one out of one don't like the GS4 try Moto X or Sony or Nexus 5 so many. If you don't like the 5c then you go to the 5s what happens if you don't like the then go to the 3GS. I am a Apple and Android fan boy I say the truth on both.. Yes Android has some things things I don't like but Apple has a lot more small screen, features not as good, iOS7 Feels like a mix of Windows and Android. But every uses has his or her way. But kinda a bold statement when you only tried one Android phone.
I thought long and hard about leaving my iPhone. I wanted a change, a new style of phone. all of the comments I have read on this forum and others convinced me there was no reason to not change. oh dear what have I done!!
As far as the operating system goes fine. but -
- docking stations and chargers are limited. hardly any on the market
- Kies, isyncr and other music transfer apps are awful. they freeze and crash, don't transfer what you want etc
- Google play is awful - I buy a song but it stays in the cloud and can't listen to it unless with good signal etc. so I have to go through extra steps to download to the s4 direct. why it doesn't do that by default I don't know. once on the device I can only play using the default music player - can't find any downloaded Google play music on my rocket player. so I used iTunes to buy and download on my PC and then go through the painful process of transferring to my s4
- battery life is appalling

as a camera it is superb and it is great to have an SD card. but I will be selling to fund purchase of new iPhone that has far better support in terms of ancillaries and download of music

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm over privileged for having an opinion? Just as the creator of the thread?

Makes sense.

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm over privileged for having an opinion? Just as the creator of the thread?

Makes sense.

I said nothing of the sort, but it is funny that you said it. What else do you think I meant with my comment? We could learn a lot about you through this, it's like a Rorschach test.

I never said you were overprivileged, but you were not really stating your opinion, you were explaining to me that the thread was old and dug up. That's not an opinion.
BTW this "Oh so you are saying that I'm (blank) because I have an opinion?" strawman argument is pretty childish. Perhaps you're not old enough to be on the internet talking to strangers, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't clear on all of that. I said the creator of the thread is over privileged, that has nothing to do with them having an opinion. They are posting that they got a phone they don't like and is subtly trying to blame that choice on everyone else. Bottom line, this isn't an issue, this is a pretend issue from a person with so much "stuff" that they don't have real world problems so they live off of these pretend issues.
You have a tiny computer in your hand. Maybe appreciate that a bit instead of complaining over any little thing. I went from a phone that was literally just a phone to a device with a camera, internet access, and the ability to play video games for free. Yes I think the "creator" is over privileged. That is my opinion. Why does that bother you so much that you need to completely reword what I said to create an argument you can pretend to be offended by?

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

That's already been questioned.

And what is you're point?

You expect me to only reply after reading every single comment? All nine hundred of them? No thanks. I'm pretty sure you didn't before posting that comment.

You people are really grasping at straws, what exactly is your point here? I asked a valid question, regardless of whether or not it was already "questioned" by another person.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

And what is you're point?

You expect me to only reply after reading every single comment? All nine hundred of them? No thanks. I'm pretty sure you didn't before posting that comment.

You people are really grasping at straws, what exactly is your point here? I asked a valid question, regardless of whether or not it was already "questioned" by another person.

Funnily enough, I have as I've been subscribed to this thread since the very start. But that's irrelevant, and I'm sure I can't remember many posts at all now. My point, was that this was digging up a very old thread, that was quite long, just to ask a question that would obviously have been asked MANY times before.

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and switched to the Samsung s3.was going back and forth between the two and finally realized It wasn't android that I didn't like it was Samsung. I just got the DROID maxx and love it. Samsung seems to me to be cheap made and it seems like a pain to do anything with. The maxx is just as easy as the iPhone and the battery life is real good. Gave the 5 to my wife and now I have a 4 on WI fi only that I play with when I get the apple urge. I could not get comfortable using the Samsung but the DROID maxx I got used to right away and love it. Try HTC one or the maxx before you give up on Android.

Posted via Android Central App

Your used to the ability of the easy way for everything. Android is about the freedom. Samsung is a good phone you just can't be lazy with it. Then your not going to like it..... The maxx is stock android which Samsung isn't unless you buy the Google play edition... I'm just saying apple to android it becomes reality of how apple made you lazy with your phone

Galaxy S4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I said nothing of the sort, but it is funny that you said it. What else do you think I meant with my comment? We could learn a lot about you through this, it's like a Rorschach test.

I never said you were overprivileged, but you were not really stating your opinion, you were explaining to me that the thread was old and dug up. That's not an opinion.
BTW this "Oh so you are saying that I'm (blank) because I have an opinion?" strawman argument is pretty childish. Perhaps you're not old enough to be on the internet talking to strangers, but that's just my opinion.

Lol I wouldn't say it's childish.. It's just me simply throwing out bait to see how passionate you are about someone posting an opinion about a iPhone versus S4... On a phone / OS forum.

I don't care if you think I'm overprivileged.. 10 years old.. Or whatever. I pay for my house.. Phones.. All my stuff.. So if I'm overprivileged I guess I need to stop working so hard for myself :D.

Either way. It's a phone forum.. You really expect people to not say things like "well this phone is better than that phone!"... It's inevitable. I'm in the category of there is no perfect phone.. At all.. Because everyone has different needs. Such as I love the Note 3 but some may hate how big it is... Simple things can make or break any phone for any one :).

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Funnily enough, I have as I've been subscribed to this thread since the very start. But that's irrelevant, and I'm sure I can't remember many posts at all now. My point, was that this was digging up a very old thread, that was quite long, just to ask a question that would obviously have been asked MANY times before.

I think it was dug up before I posted, it was on the front page. I didn't look through the forums for this one, just saying.

DriscolDevil

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Lol I wouldn't say it's childish.. It's just me simply throwing out bait to see how passionate you are about someone posting an opinion about a iPhone versus S4... On a phone / OS forum.

I don't care if you think I'm overprivileged.. 10 years old.. Or whatever. I pay for my house.. Phones.. All my stuff.. So if I'm overprivileged I guess I need to stop working so hard for myself :D.

Either way. It's a phone forum.. You really expect people to not say things like "well this phone is better than that phone!"... It's inevitable. I'm in the category of there is no perfect phone.. At all.. Because everyone has different needs. Such as I love the Note 3 but some may hate how big it is... Simple things can make or break any phone for any one :).

Learning so much about you.

I never said you should stop working nor did I say that I didn't expect to see such a thread here.

This other version of me, what else does it tell you?
*puffs cigar*
Does this version of me visit you in dreams or "visions" or do you just see it here on this thread?
How do you feel about your work? I find it interesting that you brought it up, do you feel fulfilled there?

*puffs cigar*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463