Volume Warning

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Discovered this by accident today. How do I trigger it again? I triggered it twice by rapidly turning up the volume (strange thing is regardless of if I pressed OK or cancel it left the volume high). I can't seem to trigger it again thoug

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Discovered this by accident today. How do I trigger it again? I triggered it twice by rapidly turning up the volume (strange thing is regardless of if I pressed OK or cancel it left the volume high). I can't seem to trigger it again thoug

Welcome to the forums!
I had a toast message that always came up when I got above a certain volume. But I had no input at all (GS3 though). Yours may have been a one time only warning. Still a legitimate disclaimer.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Were you using headphones? This message pops up when something is plugged into the output jack and the volume goes up past a certain level. It will not pop up as long as the "current headphone session" persists. Once you unplug and plug back in, it will pop up again.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Were you using headphones? This message pops up when something is plugged into the output jack and the volume goes up past a certain level. It will not pop up as long as the "current headphone session" persists. Once you unplug and plug back in, it will pop up again.

I tried plugging in the headphones again and doing it again, it wouldn't trigger. For some reason it triggered twice in a row when I first did it, but hasn't done since. I chose different options each time. Sometimes the music widget shows on lock screen and other times it doesn't. Phones not reading tags correctly, won't let me change album art and is duplicated albums. Every other device has had no issue with music once I've fixed the tags, but Android just won't listen :mad:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with Golfdriver97 that it's likely a onetime warning. I can probably be triggered again by clearing the associated app data from the system settings menu. Which app controls this I don't know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It pops up when you have headphones in and the screen is off and it tries to go over the limit. It'll pop up. Only once though until you unplug the headphones.

I hate that message

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
On my S4 it does it when it reaches vol 9 go back down and wait a sec go up again and it should trigger it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I would agree with Golfdriver97 that it's likely a onetime warning. I can probably be triggered again by clearing the associated app data from the system settings menu. Which app controls this I don't know.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
It's an every time thing. It's so annoying that two different mods were made to completely disable the warning, one modifying files directly and the other used Xposed Framework. Turning on Adapt Sound for the stock music player will disable the warning there, but not in other apps. josearmz10789 probably has the right idea about lowering and raising the volume again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol