I've just come to Android and having issues (previous Android device was a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 which I had about a month and had issues with too)
    Seemingly having nothing but problems with my S4 today

- The phone's not reading ID3 tags properly so some show up as unknown artist etc. or wrong name even though in Windows Explorer all the details are in the right place
    - Phone's not processing album art correctly. So songs show up with the wrong album art. I try to change the album art, every other device sees that it's changed, but the S4 still shows the wrong one
    - Music widget sometimes shows up on lock screen, other times it doesn't. When it does show, it sometimes doesn't work and won't work in the notification tray either. Music has crashed on me (I had similar problems with the Tab 2 which I got rid off where all my music started skipping)
    - Songs from the same album have been split up for reasons unknown to me.
    - Volume Warning trigger is inconsistent

I never got these problems over on iOS. I'd altered all the tags before putting the songs on my iPod and no problems at all (if I found an incorrect song, I'd just change it in iTunes and that would fix it), it worked so what am I doing wrong on Android.

Good phone, but Android is destroying the experience for me today
    08-30-2013 11:46 AM
    Maybe it's time to try a different music app, such as doubletwist or poweramp.
    08-30-2013 02:38 PM
    I've been using Tag & Rename, love it, Everybody tags things differently so after I download anything I retag how I like it and batch embed the album art into each track.
    Tagging your tracks like 01. 02. 03. ect. should help.
    I would think the best solution is to embedd the art to the tracks with an mp3 tagger program like I listed and keep the album folder devoid of images.
    Or at the least keep only 1 cover pic per album and call it folder.jpg.
    If you have some tracks in an album where the 'artist title' is different than the rest of the album, could be making your albums split.
    Example: if all your tracks artist are labeled as Kanye you should be OK, but if one is labeled Kanye (Featuring Slayer), that one will probably show up as a separate album.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-30-2013 04:40 PM
    I downloaded an mp3 tagger for windows. It seems somewhere on some level the tags were wrong and that's what the phone was reading causing duplicates or wrong album art (but there's one I can't seem to fix). As for the buggy widget and app I might download a different one later if problem persists.

08-30-2013 04:46 PM
    I've been using Tag & Rename, love it, Everybody tags things differently so after I download anything I retag how I like it and batch embed the album art into each track.
    Tagging your tracks like 01. 02. 03. ect. should help.
    I would think the best solution is to embedd the art to the tracks with an mp3 tagger program like I listed and keep the album folder devoid of images.
    Or at the least keep only 1 cover pic per album and call it folder.jpg.
    If you have some tracks in an album where the 'artist title' is different than the rest of the album, could be making your albums split.
    Example: if all your tracks artist are labeled as Kanye you should be OK, but if one is labeled Kanye (Featuring Slayer), that one will probably show up as a separate album.

I think I found the album artist and song artist being different caused that for one or two songs (my iPod accepts this and knows what it means though(

08-30-2013 04:48 PM
    Yeah it might be tagged as a compilation in the ipod so that would make since.
    The widget issue could be lock screen setting in your music player is conflicting with the setting that's in your lockscreen.

08-30-2013 05:13 PM