Why is Samsung referring to the Note 3 as the "flagship" device?

seasoul

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I currently own the Note 2 and want to "upgrade" to the S4 because I think it's the flagship device....

Or should I wait for the Note 3 instead?

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
They're referring to it as "the flagship device" because it's the latest in the Galaxy line of phones (or it will be, it isn't released yet)

Posted by The Android Central app

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In that case, I'll wait for the Note 4 to come out next year, after the S5 comes out.... oh wait... I should probably wait for the S6, then the Note 5....

It doesn't matter if a device is the flagship device for the manufacturer, all that matters is how much you like the phone

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wait isn't there newest flip phone there flash sit device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I usually think of a flagship device as the most advance phone the phone manufacturer offers at the time.

The S4 was the most advance device when offered in April, the Note 3 based on rumors will surpass that.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

I currently own the Note 2 and want to "upgrade" to the S4 because I think it's the flagship device....

Or should I wait for the Note 3 instead?

I always thought "Flagship" referred to a company's mainstream phone (ex. S3, S4, HTC One, etc.) as listed in this AC poll: This week's sidebar poll: Which 'flagship' phone are you going with? | Android Central

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the "Flagship" moniker. Instead focus on the device that would best match your needs. Considering you already have the Note 2, wouldn't that most likely be the Note 3? That is unless you no longer need/want the larger screen or S-Pen features? :confused:

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Do you think sammy will release a newer and faster TW on n
ote 3?
I hope so,then it will be ported on s4 to make it faster

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Do you think sammy will release a newer and faster TW on n
ote 3?
I hope so,then it will be ported on s4 to make it faster

Yes, I do believe that. The note 3 will certainly have high quality Fast internals, and probably a smoother and faster touchwiz because Samsung has had time to fix a lot of the bugs from the s4. At least I would hope that touchwiz would be faster, it would be a shame if it wasn't because they've had all this time to work on it.

skramblr

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This thread seems strange - S4 and Note3 are like 2 different lines. The S4 is a large phone and the Note 3 is a phablet. So I'd buy the one that is the size of what I want. For me, who cares which is the latest and greatest if it's too big to put in my pocket. I got the S4 (didn't want the larger Note).

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I always thought "Flagship" referred to a company's mainstream phone (ex. S3, S4, HTC One, etc.) as listed in this AC poll: This week's sidebar poll: Which 'flagship' phone are you going with? | Android Central

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the "Flagship" moniker. Instead focus on the device that would best match your needs. Considering you already have the Note 2, wouldn't that most likely be the Note 3? That is unless you no longer need/want the larger screen or S-Pen features? :confused:

This thread seems strange - S4 and Note3 are like 2 different lines. The S4 is a large phone and the Note 3 is a phablet. So I'd buy the one that is the size of what I want. For me, who cares which is the latest and greatest if it's too big to put in my pocket. I got the S4 (didn't want the larger Note).

Definitely agree 100% with these 2 forum mates!
:thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!