Why is Samsung referring to the Note 3 as the "flagship" device?

I currently own the Note 2 and want to "upgrade" to the S4 because I think it's the flagship device....

Or should I wait for the Note 3 instead?
    08-30-2013 05:10 PM
    Wait 4 days

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    08-30-2013 05:43 PM
    They're referring to it as "the flagship device" because it's the latest in the Galaxy line of phones (or it will be, it isn't released yet)

Posted by The Android Central app
    08-30-2013 07:30 PM
    They're referring to it as "the flagship device" because it's the latest in the Galaxy line of phones (or it will be, it isn't released yet)

This.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    08-30-2013 08:18 PM

so when the S5 comes out next year, it will reclaim the role of "flagship" device again?
    08-30-2013 08:22 PM
    so when the S5 comes out next year, it will reclaim the role of "flagship" device again?
    Correct

08-30-2013 08:23 PM
    Correct

In that case, I'll wait for the Note 4 to come out next year, after the S5 comes out.... oh wait... I should probably wait for the S6, then the Note 5....
    08-30-2013 08:38 PM
    In that case, I'll wait for the Note 4 to come out next year, after the S5 comes out.... oh wait... I should probably wait for the S6, then the Note 5....
    It doesn't matter if a device is the flagship device for the manufacturer, all that matters is how much you like the phone

08-30-2013 08:39 PM
    Wait isn't there newest flip phone there flash sit device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2013 08:42 PM
    Wait isn't there newest flip phone there flash sit device?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    No, that's a lower end device

08-30-2013 08:57 PM
    I usually think of a flagship device as the most advance phone the phone manufacturer offers at the time.

The S4 was the most advance device when offered in April, the Note 3 based on rumors will surpass that.
    08-30-2013 09:23 PM
    Why is Samsung referring to the Note 3 as the "flagship" device?

I currently own the Note 2 and want to "upgrade" to the S4 because I think it's the flagship device....

Or should I wait for the Note 3 instead?
    I always thought "Flagship" referred to a company's mainstream phone (ex. S3, S4, HTC One, etc.) as listed in this AC poll: This week's sidebar poll: Which 'flagship' phone are you going with? | Android Central

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the "Flagship" moniker. Instead focus on the device that would best match your needs. Considering you already have the Note 2, wouldn't that most likely be the Note 3? That is unless you no longer need/want the larger screen or S-Pen features?
    STARGATE likes this.
    08-30-2013 09:47 PM
    Do you think sammy will release a newer and faster TW on n
    ote 3?
    I hope so,then it will be ported on s4 to make it faster
    08-31-2013 08:48 AM
    Do you think sammy will release a newer and faster TW on n
    ote 3?
    I hope so,then it will be ported on s4 to make it faster
    Yes, I do believe that. The note 3 will certainly have high quality Fast internals, and probably a smoother and faster touchwiz because Samsung has had time to fix a lot of the bugs from the s4. At least I would hope that touchwiz would be faster, it would be a shame if it wasn't because they've had all this time to work on it.

08-31-2013 09:20 AM
    This thread seems strange - S4 and Note3 are like 2 different lines. The S4 is a large phone and the Note 3 is a phablet. So I'd buy the one that is the size of what I want. For me, who cares which is the latest and greatest if it's too big to put in my pocket. I got the S4 (didn't want the larger Note).
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-01-2013 07:52 PM
    I always thought "Flagship" referred to a company's mainstream phone (ex. S3, S4, HTC One, etc.) as listed in this AC poll: This week's sidebar poll: Which 'flagship' phone are you going with? | Android Central

Regardless, I wouldn't worry about the "Flagship" moniker. Instead focus on the device that would best match your needs. Considering you already have the Note 2, wouldn't that most likely be the Note 3? That is unless you no longer need/want the larger screen or S-Pen features?
    This thread seems strange - S4 and Note3 are like 2 different lines. The S4 is a large phone and the Note 3 is a phablet. So I'd buy the one that is the size of what I want. For me, who cares which is the latest and greatest if it's too big to put in my pocket. I got the S4 (didn't want the larger Note).
    Definitely agree 100% with these 2 forum mates!
    :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-01-2013 07:58 PM
    That's a very smart comment!
    09-01-2013 08:00 PM
    That's a very smart comment!
    :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    09-01-2013 08:29 PM