My work wifi connection

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So while I am at work, my s4 keeps displaying " now connected to work wifi " in blue letters and the gps icon continues to show on swipe down screen. The message about now connected to work wifi will show on my screen several times a minute. Im thinking that this maybe due to the wifi signal dropping in/out? I also notice that my keyboard stutters quite a bit at work too. For the sake of my phones battery, since it drains very fast, should I just turn off wifi at work and connect via data? Would that save battery juice? Also, does wifi calling use up alot of battery juice compared to not using wifi calling? Umm, wwellthanks for whatever help you can give.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that at work, but I'm stuck in a corner of a building where the wifi signal is weak. It's probably dropping in and out.

Constantly reconnecting and connecting (and scanning for the network) will eat up your battery. That's why a lot of people turn off wifi when they know they won't be connecting to one, because the phone will continually scan for available networks.

Might be worth asking your IT department about getting a wifi repeater that would make your signal stronger. You would also download WiFi Analyzer to check the signal strength:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&token=bg1Yxyeu

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't talk enough to notice a difference in drain between network and wifi calling, but then again I'm not suffering the battery drain issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae