why should I get the s4 over lg g2 and HTC 1

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't. The s4 is nice but the ONE, Moto X and probably the LGG2 are better devices.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't. The s4 is nice but the ONE, Moto X and probably the LGG2 are better devices.

Don't listen to this guy he's obviously biased. They're all great devices except that the LGG2 hasn't been tested that much yet so I can't say abything about that. Really depends on what you're looking for. Camera? S4. Low light? HTC. Great software? Moto X. Price? Moto X. There's so many more factors here like, removable battery, SD card, sound, brightness etc. But I'll let you do the research on those :)

Posted via Android Central App

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Why should we tell you anything? Go to your local store play with all the phones and purchase the one YOU like better

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This might give you a good reason to pick the s4 over the others.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1377998361088.jpg
    1377998361088.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 65

Balthiir

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I went to 3 different sprint stores. Ironically, they had various recommendations on which you is best. SD card and battery I don't care. I'm looking for minimal bloatware, a great camera and build, a
nd great radios. I have a galaxy nexus and the radio is terrible.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to this guy he's obviously biased. They're all great devices except that the LGG2 hasn't been tested that much yet so I can't say abything about that. Really depends on what you're looking for. Camera? S4. Low light? HTC. Great software? Moto X. Price? Moto X. There's so many more factors here like, removable battery, SD card, sound, brightness etc. But I'll let you do the research on those :)

I'm a bit biased, but if you care to look at my post history you will see I am fairly objective overall. It's an opinion thread. The op asked for advice and he doesn't want to hear everyone sidestep the question. I've used the s4 and one extensively and to me the one is a better device. The op also later mentioned he wants minimal bloat and speedy software which means he has pretty much narrowed it down to the moto x or one. The G2 is going to have really nice hardware but the software looks like a touchwiz knockoff.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I went to 3 different sprint stores. Ironically, they had various recommendations on which you is best. SD card and battery I don't care. I'm looking for minimal bloatware, a great camera and build, a
nd great radios. I have a galaxy nexus and the radio is terrible.

I was gonna say the Moto X but the camera is horrible from what I've read. It seems your only left with the other 3 but I'm pretty sure they all carry bloatware.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit biased, but if you care to look at my post history you will see I am fairly objective overall. It's an opinion thread. The op asked for advice and he doesn't want to hear everyone sidestep the question. I've used the s4 and one extensively and to me the one is a better device. The op also later mentioned he wants minimal bloat and speedy software which means he has pretty much narrowed it down to the moto x or one. The G2 is going to have really nice hardware but the software looks like a touchwiz knockoff.

You weren't saying an opinion you were stating it as a fact that the other are better phones. That's not helping him at all.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I know where he is coming from, I am in the same position. I am a truck driver by trade, and need a phone that is going to work well with headphones and can also text/call, and also start podcast, using the inline mic. I have an 4s right now, and siri is hit or miss. something tells me I should wait for the 5s, but the lure of a bigger screen and google now is making me want to go android. I think I have it down to the s4 or the moto x because of the driving mode that they have. I am just not sure on how games would play on the moto x? I also love the little amount of bezel the s4 has.

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
One has a very nice super LCD screen (I got told it was IPS variant though which is also high end), boomsound speakers which destroy the tiny speaker on the back of the S4, and the one runs a lot faster than the S4 (this is because of software on each phone, not the hardware). The one unfortunately has potential issues like for the speaker to blow or begin sounding tacky, the build quality on the edges to have gaps between metal and plastic+sharp edges, the screen to have diagonal lines across it from the digitizer, and apparently some people have had problems with the camera not taking photos properly where everything appears purple or something.

The S4 has a larger battery which is removable, along with an SD card slot. It's screen is 0.3 inches larger but lower PPI. The screen is not as high quality (still decent though), it has a single small speaker on the back which is no match for boomsound, and despite having a slightly faster CPU and DDR3 RAM it actually runs slower/laggy compared to the One due to it samsung OS variant.

Basically the HTC One's genuine features that are probably most important on a smartphone (screen, performance, audio) far outweigh the S4. The only problem is the One has a few potential build quality issues you may encounter whereas the S4 doesn't have as much risk. (Although poorer performance/much less genuine features, no real risk of problems with it that would require a repair).

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You weren't saying an opinion you were stating it as a fact that the other are better phones. That's not helping him at all.

So next time I will add "in my opinion" so it won't upset you :)

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My rationale for Samsung phones was FW/SW updates and third party support. I debated with myself night and day between the One and the S4, but those two factors were hard to argue against for me. After living with the phone, access to expandable memory with the SD card has turned into a huge feature benefit, as it affords immense flexibility. A short example I have, my wife and I were on vacation and I had quite a few movies on my Sd card. She only had one movie on her iPhone 5 due to space limitations. I simply copied the movie from the Sd card onto my S4 so she can enjoy the flight, and popped it right back into my Note 8 and it resumed the movie where i left off.

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
One has a very nice super LCD screen (I got told it was IPS variant though which is also high end), boomsound speakers which destroy the tiny speaker on the back of the S4, and the one runs a lot faster than the S4 (this is because of software on each phone, not the hardware). The one unfortunately has potential issues like for the speaker to blow or begin sounding tacky, the build quality on the edges to have gaps between metal and plastic+sharp edges, the screen to have diagonal lines across it from the digitizer, and apparently some people have had problems with the camera not taking photos properly where everything appears purple or something.

The S4 has a larger battery which is removable, along with an SD card slot. It's screen is 0.3 inches larger but lower PPI. The screen is not as high quality (still decent though), it has a single small speaker on the back which is no match for boomsound, and despite having a slightly faster CPU and DDR3 RAM it actually runs slower/laggy compared to the One due to it samsung OS variant.

Basically the HTC One's genuine features that are probably most important on a smartphone (screen, performance, audio) far outweigh the S4. The only problem is the One has a few potential build quality issues you may encounter whereas the S4 doesn't have as much risk. (Although poorer performance/much less genuine features, no real risk of problems with it that would require a repair).

Out of the box, I concur that the One is one of the snappiest and responsive phones out there (post update as there are issues with the capacitive touch screen out the box on many units). With that said, with some minor tweaks, the S4 is on par and from my experience as responsive as the iphone 5.

Tweaks needed:
Nova Launcher
Disable animations and transition in both the developer options and Nova settings.
Force Gpu rendering

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
HTC One is the best all-around device. That's my opinion. An opinion shared by most

No, only roughly 5 million share that opinion in comparison too the 25 million that bought thr S4.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
As long as I love my One,I must admit it has some hardware negatives,the metal borders are prone to chipping and scratching,the camera has purple tint in low light and easy scratchs on the lens glass.
Boonsound is nice but I think S4 with mod has the same loudness.
S4 has better and zoomable photos thanks to 13mp,and the 5" screen with this body size is amazing