The Samsung gs4 isn't the best phone on the market? I'm surprised to see the htc One as the consensus best phone out there. Oh well

So much for "the next big thing" n

Posted via Android Central App
    09-01-2013 01:25 AM
    The Samsung gs4 isn't the best phone on the market? I'm surprised to see the htc One as the consensus best phone out there. Oh well

It might be in the top 5 on most lists, it's definitely in the top 10. It's probably also the single highest selling, so I don't think Samsung is sad about it
    09-01-2013 01:45 AM

Just get the device that best meets your needs...regardless of what others say. Maybe the best device is the one that gets trolled on the most?

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    Aquila and Topgonzo like this.
    09-01-2013 12:18 PM
    When the S4 came out there were some performance issues. Even though they've been resolved it left a scar and ammunition for the HTC camp. Also being the first Android device using mostly metal in the casing impressed some folks a lot. The S4 is a great great phone with a beautiful big display, removable/replaceable battery and expandible storage. It even has all those features that some, like me, will leave forever disabled. Don't concern yourself with the opinion of others, the S4 is a premium device by any measure.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab
    Aquila and rikken like this.
    09-01-2013 01:18 PM
    Who cares what the reviewers say. It's about what you think about the phone. Anyhow it would be in most reviewers top 3 phones released in 2013 so far.
    Aquila, qxr and Topgonzo like this.
    09-01-2013 01:25 PM
    It's probably also the single highest selling, so I don't think Samsung is sad about it
    Single highest selling Android phone, not single best selling phone.
    09-01-2013 02:25 PM
    Who cares!?
    After checking and researching about the HTC One and the Galaxy S4, I decided the Galaxy S4 was the best device for me, according to my needs and wants.
    That was my choice!
    2 months with my GS4 so far and there are no regrets, I love my phone! :thumbup:

You choose whatever you think is the right device for you! As simple as that!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Aquila, qxr and OceanView like this.
    09-01-2013 03:41 PM
    In my opinion the GS4 is the best to date. I spent days reviewing forums, videos, and checking them out in store and S4 was my choice for a few reasons. It's got the fastest processor, best camera, great battery life with removable battery and SD card, and more bells and whistles than anything else out there. The majority of people put a case on their phone so the plastic on it compared to aluminum on HTC One isn't a big deal to me. I think the HTC One is getting better reviews because everyone is falling for it for it's style, speakers, the aluminum body which feels a little more sturdy if you're not using a case, and out of the box the HTC One's UI might be a touch more responsive because it's more simple. I actually use quite a few of the features on the S4 like the motions, air gestures, the build in pedometer w/ S Health app, multi window mode so i can browse the web while watching a Youtube video at the same time, and the IR blaster remote control is sweet, although i know HTC One also has the IR blaster. If the Galaxy S4 had 2 front speakers and a little more sturdy construction I don't think it would be a contest!
    OceanView and STARGATE like this.
    09-01-2013 07:06 PM
    I'd agree the S4 did nail the spec sheet for a Q1/Q2 device, at least until the HTC One G2, Note 3, HTC One Max, Moto X, presumably the next Nexus, etc. all went right up to it and in most cases beyond it. When we say things like, "fastest processor", is what we really want a processor that "spins" really fast? Or are we after a fast and smooth experience? If all we want are numbers, then I'd say we're missing the point. In many ways the Nexus 4 was an equal or superior device, yet things like LTE and camera held it back. Despite that, it was still the best value, in terms of phone per dollar.

The best device, therefore, would not necessarily (though in recent years it has been) be the device that knocks the spec sheet out of the park, but that which has the best performance. Fortunately, that distinction is difficult to convey and the debate therefore goes on. One thing is certain though, and that's the reality that the concept of software and innovation trumping muscle is a conversation we're going to end up having.

The next couple of years will be very interesting to see how that evolution transpires and it's a very exciting time to be a techie.
    09-01-2013 11:34 PM
    In my opinion the GS4 is the best to date. I spent days reviewing forums, videos, and checking them out in store and S4 was my choice for a few reasons. It's got the fastest processor, best camera, great battery life with removable battery and SD card, and more bells and whistles than anything else out there. The majority of people put a case on their phone so the plastic on it compared to aluminum on HTC One isn't a big deal to me. I think the HTC One is getting better reviews because everyone is falling for it for it's style, speakers, the aluminum body which feels a little more sturdy if you're not using a case, and out of the box the HTC One's UI might be a touch more responsive because it's more simple. I actually use quite a few of the features on the S4 like the motions, air gestures, the build in pedometer w/ S Health app, multi window mode so i can browse the web while watching a Youtube video at the same time, and the IR blaster remote control is sweet, although i know HTC One also has the IR blaster. If the Galaxy S4 had 2 front speakers and a little more sturdy construction I don't think it would be a contest!
    It's like, you read my mind! :thumbup:

I also went with the Galaxy S4 because those and a few other reasons after testing both phones on every single store they had a working model and read about them almost every single review and thread.

Those features many people call gimmicks, I use every day! :thumbup:

Anyway, both devices are great and you can't go wrong choosing either one.
    Even if you do, you have 14 days to test it and return it if you don't like it, and go with the other. That simple!

Aquila likes this.
    09-02-2013 09:52 AM
    Even if you do, you have 14 days to test it and return it if you don't like it, and go with the other. That simple!

Basically.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab
    STARGATE likes this.
    09-02-2013 09:59 AM