I have had the S4 for for about 5 months with no problems. Today, I was using it and noticed that the volume rockers had randomly stopped working. I did nothing and a few hours later they were working again. I used my phone some more (just listening to music as I was doing homework), when I noticed my power button was not working anymore. I couldn't even turn the phone off holding it. The phone still worked as normal with the exception of the power button. So I pulled out the battery and was able to power the phone on. When I turn it on it says recovery booting and Now it is stuck on the android recovery screen and it won't do anything else. It shows and droid character laying down with the stomach oped and red triangle with and exclamation mark inside.

I have never even attempted to root or modify my phone in anyway shape or form.
    This phone was went to me after I dropped and cracked my first S4 5 months ago.

*The top line in pic says, "reboot now".
    Attached Thumbnails Help!!! My Galaxy S4 is stuck.-img_20130902_141636.jpg   Help!!! My Galaxy S4 is stuck.-img_20130902_141651.jpg  
    09-02-2013 01:44 PM
    Welcome to AC! It seems the device you've received as a replacement was probably a refurb, and has failed. Take it back and get another replacement. You didn't do anything to cause it, so the carrier should take care of you. If not, contact Samsung and have them take care of it. Good luck!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-02-2013 04:03 PM
    I have had the S4 for for about 5 months with no problems. Today, I was using it and noticed that the volume rockers had randomly stopped working. I did nothing and a few hours later they were working again. I used my phone some more (just listening to music as I was doing homework), when I noticed my power button was not working anymore. I couldn't even turn the phone off holding it. The phone still worked as normal with the exception of the power button. So I pulled out the battery and was able to power the phone on. When I turn it on it says recovery booting and Now it is stuck on the android recovery screen and it won't do anything else. It shows and droid character laying down with the stomach oped and red triangle with and exclamation mark inside.

I have never even attempted to root or modify my phone in anyway shape or form.
    This phone was went to me after I dropped and cracked my first S4 5 months ago.

*The top line in pic says, "reboot now".
    Welcome to the forums!

I agree with Scott, I would take the phone to your carrier.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-02-2013 04:32 PM
    I agree with everyone that has replied take it to your carrier. Or you could try a factory reset.

Posted via Samsung S3
    09-02-2013 06:01 PM
    That is the same conclusion I came to. I just hoped there was some other way that I had never heard of before.
    Thanks for the input.
    09-02-2013 10:14 PM
    Sorry we couldn't do better, but you deserve a new phone.
    09-03-2013 08:01 AM
    You have clearly been provided with a refurbished phone, and that's the reason that happened. They offer refurbished or rejected phones in exchange, your broken screen would surely have been given to someone else, simply by replacing its screen. Don't do anything on your own and neither go to any other mobile repairer to fix this thing up, else the dealer won't accept it.
    09-03-2013 08:35 AM