Sorry, me again. Seems my S4 gets warm regardless what you're doing. I was using a language app for about 40 minutes and when I shoved the phone back in my pocket I noticed it was warm (only slightly warm to the touch, but it was more pronounced in the pocket). Strange thing was it was on screen side. It wasn't what I consider heavy load either.This is getting ridiculous now. It's like the phone doesn't want to run any apps at all because all it does is heat up

I need to know quick what too do with this thing and quick. I'm running out of time to send it back

EDIT: Seems the S4 just doesn't like me D: Hate when tech does this to me
    Just not used to portable tech heating up on me and given the price of the S4 I need to know for sure
    09-02-2013 02:01 PM
    My two weeks for a full return is coming up on Wednesday. Ive got serious concerns about it heating up as well. My biggest concern is how the battery takes nearly 9 hours of lite use to nearly discharge. With the heat issue, well, I had a nexus 4 before my s4 and that thing heated up more so than my s4, so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Edible Walrus likes this.
    09-02-2013 03:10 PM
    My two weeks for a full return is coming up on Wednesday. Ive got serious concerns about it heating up as well. My biggest concern is how the battery takes nearly 9 hours of lite use to nearly discharge. With the heat issue, well, I had a nexus 4 before my s4 and that thing heated up more so than my s4, so I wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Everything seems to work fine for me. I average 20 hours of battery apart from the time it got really hot with RR3 and used 1% of battery/min (approx values cause I don't know exactly how long I was playing). I've pretty much been able to trace the amount of heat down to level of usage at any one time. Just not used to portable tech heating up on me D:

Is yours heating up? I think that could cause your excess battery consumption. Light usage generating that much use seems a bit suspect, try checking the battery option in Settings > More to see what's using it all up
    09-02-2013 03:18 PM
    I noticed its my screen. Uses a fair good deal of battery. One time it went up to like 80% battery.
    09-02-2013 03:51 PM
    The screen is alwaysvthe majority of every phones battery. 80% is only 80% of used battery it doesn't give any indication of the length of battery life. Check your setting and what apps you have installed. Majority of the time you have an app that is eating your battery in the background. I disabled all of the T-Mobile apps and Samsung push service as well as Picassa uploaded. oh how I hate Picassa uploader I get 20 hours of heavy use On mine

Posted via Android Central App
    09-02-2013 11:37 PM
    I remember when I had the S2 ,the screen can get very warm if playing,all the HTC I got after can get warm too with games but it's always the back of the phone and not the screen.
    Anyway is that true that i9500 are more prone to heating than 9505??
    09-03-2013 03:32 AM
    I remember when I had the S2 ,the screen can get very warm if playing,all the HTC I got after can get warm too with games but it's always the back of the phone and not the screen.
    Anyway is that true that i9500 are more prone to heating than 9505??
    I'm using the Snapdragon version (i9505) and apparently Facebook will also heat the phone :/
    EDIT: I'm talking 35 degrees, which may not sound warm to other people, but if I can feel the heat I classify it as warm. Probably have to live with it
    09-03-2013 03:53 AM
    Here's my GSAM graph if that helps
    Heat concern-2013-09-03150219_zpsf7d0bdc4.png
    09-03-2013 09:26 AM