Ok ... so I exchanged a few emails with the dev of the Apex Launcher/Notifier yesterday ... I have to say it's nice to know that he/she is accessible, and willing to help out with issues.

That said, I was having issues with the badges NOT showing up for SMS alerts. (note: all other badges listed in Apex Notifier were showing up just fine) Sound and notification bar/screen was working fine for SMS, but NOT badges. While we tried many things, we could not get it working using the stock SMS "Messaging" app with the Samsung GS4 (SGH-1337) running Android 4.2.2. The dev said they would keep working on it to improve things in the notifier.

But, what we DID do to get it fixed (in a work-around kinda way) is that I downloaded "Chomp SMS" ... and the notification badges work perfect with that ... go figure. And quite frankly, it appears that Chomp SMS is a great app ... a perfect alternate to the stock SMS app.

So, for any of you running Apex Launcher Pro + Apex Notifier, you can use ChompSMS in lieu of the stock messaging/SMS app and get your notifications.

If anyone has any other questions about using this launcher and notifier, I will be happy to try to answer any questions for you with the information about my setup, and the info the dev gave me during troubleshooting.

if you want to email the dev direct, the email to use is: support@anddoes.com
    09-03-2013 09:23 AM
    SMS notification doesn't work also using chomp sms on Galaxy S4 kitkat 4.4.2. Only notifications on the top of the screen are showing. Unread count is not woking since I installed kitkat
    03-23-2014 04:21 PM