Coil Whine

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It's starting to annoy me the number of things this phone is throwing at me, and my posts here are probably starting to annoy you too, but hear me out. The adaptor that goes in the wall and has the USB plug into it is giving out a quiet high pitched whine sometimes. I know this is coil whine, and probably means nothing's wrong, but the question is should it do this? The last thing I owned that had coil whine, started of silently and suddenly decided to whine.

Phone is in that kind of scrutineering stage, because I only got my hands on it a week ago :/

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have seen some references to that, both suggesting you might be one of those capable of hearing that frequency, or possibly a defective charger.

Might be worth trying a different charger. Since it just takes a standard microUSB, you might even have a few of them hanging around from other devices (possibly).

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have seen some references to that, both suggesting you might be one of those capable of hearing that frequency, or possibly a defective charger.

Might be worth trying a different charger. Since it just takes a standard microUSB, you might even have a few of them hanging around from other devices (possibly).

I don't have any other micro USB charges :(
Tech just straight up hates me.
It seemed to start around 80% charge and got higher with use (screen on) and stopped at 100%

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It isn't constant. I can plug it in and it will be silent, then maybe it will whine and then go quiet again. Rinse and repeat. Anyone?

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I hear it too. But it puts out 5 V at 2 amps, so can't complain too much. This thing charges in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay