not always sending/receiving text messages

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i have been having a problem lately with text messages. my messages will send but people receive them hours and hours after i send them, or i don't receive the ones they send on time or a receive duplicates of them. what can be causing this? how do i fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sending these texts using the stock texting app? If so, have you spoken to your wireless provider about the problem? Might be an issue with the network.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you sending these texts using the stock texting app? If so, have you spoken to your wireless provider about the problem? Might be an issue with the network.

whether i use the stock messaging app or another app it is still the same problem. and yes i have tried speaking with my wireless provider they are reporting no issues

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not unusual for a messaging delay of maybe 20-30 minutes, but hours is unacceptable. Do you have spotty reception where you live, or is it pretty strong? And you say that your provider is not reporting any issues, but what did they say when you reported your issue? This is not the kind of thing they should blow off, especially if it's happening with the stock messaging app. I suggest going to your wireless provider's store, and showing a customer serivce rep exactly how bad the messaging is.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not unusual for a messaging delay of maybe 20-30 minutes, but hours is unacceptable. Do you have spotty reception where you live, or is it pretty strong? And you say that your provider is not reporting any issues, but what did they say when you reported your issue? This is not the kind of thing they should blow off, especially if it's happening with the stock messaging app. I suggest going to your wireless provider's store, and showing a customer serivce rep exactly how bad the messaging is.

reception in my area is very strong. i have called more then once and reported the issue and both times they tell me they are not experiencing any issues with the network to try restarting my device or that it could just be an issue with my phone or the other persons phone (however it does not always happen with the same person, it is multiple people) i may have to take it into an actual store and see what they say because response brings me no resolve to the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol