Holster/Case combo for S4 info

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For those like me that use a holster - wanting a nice case that works with a holster is always a big issue when getting a new phone.

I've never been a huge fan of the Seidio cases but love their holsters. I ended up first off with a black Speck Candyshell case on my new S4 and bought a Seidio Surface holster that it works perfectly in. While I liked the Speck ok - I wasn't wild about it.

I figured I'd take a chance on a Spigen Slim Armor and am really happy with it. It fits the Surface Holster almost perfectly and the case itself is awesome.

Figured I'd post just in case anyone else is in a similar situation like I was.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your experience! Trident makes protective holster cases as well. I was impressed with their cases, but the holsters were crap. I didn't use the holster after I broke a few of the clips, but perhaps they've rectified that issue.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you have the OEM inductive battery cover, diztronic makes cases that fit and they also work perfectly with the Seido holster.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I figured I'd take a chance on a Spigen Slim Armor and am really happy with it. It fits the Surface Holster almost perfectly and the case itself is awesome.
I'm looking into cases, etc., so this is helpful. Do you use a screen protector? If so, film or glass? Or does the Spigen case include one?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking into cases, etc., so this is helpful. Do you use a screen protector? If so, film or glass? Or does the Spigen case include one?
I applied a Spigen Ultra Crystal film to both mine and my wife's S4 and it's beautiful. Other than the tiny cutout for the front camera lens you can't even tell it's on there. And the Slim Armor case has just enough edge to it that it covers the edge of the screen protector. Amazon has the best prices on both of those items by far. The case does not come with a screen protector.

The trick with the Ultra Crystal application is to do it in a bathroom after running a hot shower for a few minutes to get the dust out of the air so you get a nice dust particle-free application.

edit: oh by the way - the top and bottom portion of the Spigen Slim Armor is NOT soft rubber it's hard and exactly what I was hoping for. The pics are sort of misleading as it looks like that would be soft but it is more of a "soft touch" harder sort of rubber so it doesn't pickup lint.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc