What do you guys use for your music app??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think Google Music works just fine for locally stored music. Before that, I used MortPlayer, which I liked because it was lightweight and organized music by folder hierarchy rather than ID3 tag (since Android has always been a little glitchy with organizing by ID3).

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Power amp. It has a 7 day free trial. Hands down (IMO) the best music player.

Sent from Cletus the almighty S4 using AC Forums mobile app

kingb71

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using VLC and Google music, but I'm going to give Mort player a try. I want something that does the following:
-shows album art
- plays FLAC
- gap less between songs

Posted via Android Central App

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
PowerAmp since day 1. I listen to MP3 mixes (radioshows) and each track is split, so gapless playback is a must. I don't do syncing or streaming online. Poweramp has home screen widgets as well as lock screen controls and support for the stock Samsung earbuds controls (for volume and play/pause). Paid the $4 or however much once my 15 day trial finished. No regrets at all!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Jet Audio, lots of equalizer presets and effects, usually just use party shuffle mode. I also like Rocket Player. and there's always a place for MusicMod, I really like the MusicMod widget.

Posted via Android Central App

cdepue79

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I was torn between WinAmp and stock player, both with their pros and cons...then I tried Power Amp. After being a fan of WinAmp for a few years it only took about 15 minutes before I was sold on PowerAmp. I love how easily it finds album art, love all the widget options, and the EQ and various other customizations.

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Tally so far;

5 PowerAmp
4 Google Play Music
1 Amazon Music Player
1 Apollo
1 VLC
1 GoneMad
1 Rocket Player
1 Fusion