Sometimes all the icons on my home screen go away and so do the widgets when I load up home screen. They reload a second or two later. This just happened most recently after Air Gesture was glitching. It's not something I'm concerned about, as it's probably just loading or something, or is a bug that will work it's way out. Just curious as to why it happens
    09-05-2013 07:22 AM
    That's Touchwiz redrawing the home screen. This is the lag some people complain about. I'd just snag a different launcher like Nova and the issue should go away .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-05-2013 07:40 AM
    That's Touchwiz redrawing the home screen. This is the lag some people complain about. I'd just snag a different launcher like Nova and the issue should go away .

I tottaly agree with you you can try launchers like nova apex or holo

Sent from my GT-I9082 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-05-2013 07:43 AM
    I'm not one for doing stuff like that to things that to things I own. I usually customise them within what the stock software lets me do
    09-05-2013 07:58 AM
    I'm not one for doing stuff like that to things that to things I own. I usually customise them within what the stock software lets me do
    Try Nova launcher it's free and it improves your home screen experience!

Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2013 08:11 AM
    The software of Android completely let's you use different launchers. It isn't rooting or anything.. It's simply downloading an app from the play store like Nova Launcher and then using it as your default when you press the home button.

09-05-2013 08:17 AM
    The software of Android completely let's you use different launchers. It isn't rooting or anything.. It's simply downloading an app from the play store like Nova Launcher and then using it as your default when you press the home button.

I've downloaded Nova

Can I say I'm loving Android. My first time out with it with Tab 2 last year didn't leave me that impressed, but Jellybean + Galaxy S4 = Happy person
    Cannot see myself going back to iOS for a long time

How do I change my app defaults? Settings > App Manager > then?
    The phone told me Settings > App Manager > All but I don't see the All it talks about, just a list of all my apps. If I tap on an app there's a defaults option. Is that the All it's talking about?
    09-05-2013 09:40 AM
    You don't need to go to settings just click on the app then click on OK and then click on OK once more. That's it

Sent from my GT-I9082 using AC Forums mobile app
    chloeshotmom likes this.
    09-05-2013 11:10 AM
    How do I change my app defaults? Settings > App Manager > then?
    The phone told me Settings > App Manager > All but I don't see the All it talks about, just a list of all my apps. If I tap on an app there's a defaults option. Is that the All it's talking about?
    If you look near the top of the screen it will say something like "Downloaded," or "Running," or "All." What it means is you have to swipe over so you're looking at "All" rather than just what's running or what you've downloaded. From there you can pick the app and clear the defaults just like you described.

Definitely use a different Launcher. I use Nova as well and changing the grid (number of icons per screen) alone is worth it. Rather than the way TouchWiz is set up where you only get something like a 5x4 grid you can put it to 7x6 (what I have it set at) and get over twice the "icon resolution" and use the big screen much more efficiently. The other look and feel stuff is nice, but that's by far the biggest improvement I've seen from switching launchers.
    chloeshotmom likes this.
    09-05-2013 11:19 AM