Is this a function more of the phone's transmitter or the receiver? I had an HTC Thunderbolt before I upgraded to the S4 and I was able to get a little more range (maybe up to 10 more ft or so) with my Bluetooth earpiece on the Tbolt than I can get on the S4. Would a new earpiece give me greater range or is the phone singly responsible for that? And if so, might there be an app that can help extend that range somehow?
    09-05-2013 08:01 AM
    I want to say that it may be a combo of both the bluetooth set as well as the bluetooth version that the device has.

As for the app. I'm unclear about that. Other than the fact it sounds like a hardware issue. I'm not sure of the headset you have but maybe a higher scale model would do you more justice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-05-2013 08:03 AM
    Is 10 ft that noticeable?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-05-2013 08:18 AM
    Is 10 ft that noticeable?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    In this case, yes, because it's in my office. That little bit of extra range gets me to pretty much all of my building. I use my Bluetooth mostly for streaming music (so my phone is docked pretty much all day) and also for phone calls, and this case that little bit extra range makes a difference. Also, at home I stream music via Bluetooth through my phone to my stereo, and that little extra range allows me to keep the phone in the bedroom/office on the dock while streaming through the stereo in the living room.

It's not really a big deal - just more of a curiosity and gauge to see if I should upgrade the earpiece or if there's some internal way to amplify the signal from the phone.
    09-05-2013 08:45 AM