04-25-2017 10:35 PM
30 12
tools
    Try AudioBT from Play Store.
    03-03-2017 08:18 AM
    I have a 2014 Subaru Outback & a Samsung Galaxy S6. I'm having the same problem with the Google Maps Voice not coming through the Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is not working then the voice comes through the speakers just fine. Like the others posted, the voice would override whatever media or audio that was playing (incoming or outgoing phone calls, radio, iPod, Amazon Prime Music playing through my phone, etc...). I've followed the steps in the Google Maps settings ("play Voice during phone calls" and "play voice over Bluetooth" & volume on the loudest setting) and they match what has been posted in the great visual of the settings. I've even tried going through the Bluetooth Settings to click on/off the audio and media settings separately then both of them, every which way possible, and it still doesn't work. I went to Sprint and they said it was a Bluetooth issue and to un-pair it and re-pair it and that should fix the problem but it didn't. So frustrating and time consuming as it defeats the whole purpose of having the Bluetooth to voice turn-by-turn directions! Anyone have any other suggestions?Thanks so much!
    03-09-2017 07:18 PM
    I have a 2014 Subaru Outback & a Samsung Galaxy S6. I'm having the same problem with the Google Maps Voice not coming through the Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth is not working then the voice comes through the speakers just fine. Like the others posted, the voice would override whatever media or audio that was playing (incoming or outgoing phone calls, radio, iPod, Amazon Prime Music playing through my phone, etc...). I've followed the steps in the Google Maps settings ("play Voice during phone calls" and "play voice over Bluetooth" & volume on the loudest setting) and they match what has been posted in the great visual of the settings. I've even tried going through the Bluetooth Settings to click on/off the audio and media settings separately then both of them, every which way possible, and it still doesn't work. I went to Sprint and they said it was a Bluetooth issue and to un-pair it and re-pair it and that should fix the problem but it didn't. So frustrating and time consuming as it defeats the whole purpose of having the Bluetooth to voice turn-by-turn directions! Anyone have any other suggestions?Thanks so much!
    It doesnt work, with any android version. It is a googlemaps error and they are not bothering to fix it. I have tried three different cars and three different makes of phone with different versions of android. The advice of trying AudioBT is a good one, these are android add ons which force google maps to do what it should and that is mimic a call and interupt your music/radio etc that is playing on your cars unit. The fact google maps has a toggle switch for 'Play over bluetooth' means they think it work which it may well do on one specific car, but I have tried 2016/2015/2008 and none work as it should. I am currently testing other NAv apps as to be honest google is by no means the best of them. Good luck with it.
    03-20-2017 08:20 AM
    It doesnt work, with any android version. It is a googlemaps error and they are not bothering to fix it. I have tried three different cars and three different makes of phone with different versions of android. The advice of trying AudioBT is a good one, these are android add ons which force google maps to do what it should and that is mimic a call and interupt your music/radio etc that is playing on your cars unit. The fact google maps has a toggle switch for 'Play over bluetooth' means they think it work which it may well do on one specific car, but I have tried 2016/2015/2008 and none work as it should. I am currently testing other NAv apps as to be honest google is by no means the best of them. Good luck with it.

The odd thing of this is that my voice nav was working fine in my new Ford F150 with my LG G4 until last week, when suddenly the voice nav wouldn't work. I'm irritated beyond belief that it just won't anymore.
    04-20-2017 02:19 AM
    The odd thing of this is that my voice nav was working fine in my new Ford F150 with my LG G4 until last week, when suddenly the voice nav wouldn't work. I'm irritated beyond belief that it just won't anymore.
    Agreed, WtF!! My GS7 used to have a setting that said "Play navigation voice over BT" or something like that. I unchecked it so I could still have phone calls and music/media played over bluetooth, but not the nav directions. Now that option is gone and my Nav doesn't speak anymore because it's trying to play through the BT, which isn't selected when I'm listening to the radio or Ipod. Stupid.
    04-25-2017 10:35 PM
30 12