03-29-2017 08:32 AM
153 1234 ...
tools
    same happened to me too. I never install the sd card on the phone either. And also, it happened when I updated and later tried to sync my gmail account. Also, I bought my phone just one week ago.
    10-04-2013 09:53 PM
    Hi all,

I also have the same problem. I bought an S4 on eBay a few days ago, it was wiped with NO SIM card & NO SD card.

So I played with it for 5 hours on my houses WiFi, then as the battery got to around 54%. Boom it shut down.
    I tried to start it up but it wouldnt start up. Plugged a charger in straight away and it came back online the battery was 30%.

It reminded me of what happened to my iPhone once when its battery got depleted (it went yellow) and would
    only start plugged into power.

When it switchs off and comes back the battery % is all over the place.

I think its a battery issue. Anyone got 2 Galaxy S4s and tried swapping batterys and able to confirm it?
    Maybe Samsung are making inferior batterys to Apple.
    10-05-2013 06:28 PM
    Hi all!

I got the exact same problem like you all!!!
    so how can we fix it nowww..?
    the problem is really irritating and I jus brought my phone for 5 months.
    PLEASE HELP T_T
    10-06-2013 01:19 AM
    What model to you guys have? Wonder if it was a dodgy batch?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2013 11:37 AM
    mine is I9500,also its battery became bulgy!
    10-06-2013 11:46 AM
    Mines i9505 battery slightly bulging..

My friends bringing his S4 tomorrow so we get to swap batterys.
    10-06-2013 01:36 PM
    Update:

Got my friends S4 today and swapped the battery. Guess what .. no shutdowns!

Confirmed, I tested it for 6 hours today. GPS on, brightness MAX, wifi on... rock solid.

The problem is Samsungs battery is no good. Now off to buy an official battery and not the fake ones on eBay.
    10-07-2013 06:18 PM
    Update:

Got my friends S4 today and swapped the battery. Guess what .. no shutdowns!

Confirmed, I tested it for 6 hours today. GPS on, brightness MAX, wifi on... rock solid.

The problem is Samsungs battery is no good. Now off to buy an official battery and not the fake ones on eBay.
    Or maybe the battery put into the phone from the person that sold it on fleabay was no good and it has nothing to do with Samsung.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-07-2013 07:31 PM
    I contacted Samsung Service and after providing sufficient proof, they are sending me a replacement battery and a return envelope so I can send the faulty battery to them. I guess they are aware of the faulty batch as mine is 2 months old with standard battery. A new one is only 10EUR on Amazon but I guess then you are risking it being part of that bad batch whereas I'd hope Samsung would have identified the issue and be replacing with working models. Good to hear my phone will be fixed when this arrives.
    10-07-2013 07:55 PM
    Or maybe the battery put into the phone from the person that sold it on fleabay was no good and it has nothing to do with Samsung.
    Well there is plenty of people in this thread and others with the same problem. Are they also using eBay batterys ?

It could be Samsung has been using a dodgy supplier of batterys in China.
    10-08-2013 06:55 AM
    I have the same problem, my s4 keeps rebooting. I don't have a SD card in my phone. Can anyone help? What should I do?
    10-09-2013 02:35 PM
    I'm also having the same problem with my 4 month old S4 i9500 and stock standard battery that ships with the phone. My battery level was actually increasing without the charger connected Will be taking it in soon and hopefully get a new battery.
    10-10-2013 03:44 PM
    My S4 is rooted, with modified recovery (Team Win Recovery Project) and a custom rom that worked well for moths so far (Omega). I started to have strange issues with the battery discharging too fast and now i have like 20% of real capacity, even with battery fully charged overnight and indicating 100% when unplugged. The phone start to loop around 60% and could not be restarted but guess what: it's been ONE FULL HOUR i'm running the phone in the recovery menu, screen fully on and 1% indicated battery on the screen.... i'll try to REALLY DISCARGE the battery this way, recharge it to full and hope to solve the issue.
    10-11-2013 07:09 AM
    Guys, after doing lots of research I found that, there's nothing wrong with any of your apps, nothing wrong with your usage or the way you charge your phone. The fact is Samsung released a huge bunch Faulty/Defective (Faulty battery with poorly built handset body) Galaxy S4. The problem is widespread and more critical than you think. Please read the following article:

Samsung Galaxy S4 battery problem hitting users Phone Reviews

Here goes the exact problem details (Copied from my previous post): I bought Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, Made in Vietnam) from Kogan Australia in August then I left Australia and going to live overseas for a while. For last 4 days I am experiencing really strange battery draining issue. My phones battery drains down to 0% (mentioning battery critically low) and turns off by itself. This happened almost everyday for last few days even when my phone battery had over 85% or 60% or 40% charge left. After took the battery out of the phone and then re-inserted and re-booted, it still shows battery critically low. Then I did a factory reset on my device and I am still experiencing the same problem. It is also important to note that, yesterday after the phone turned off by itself by showing battery critically low (in reality it had over 85% charge left), I left it off for a while without plugging it in for charge. Then I turned it on again after a while, and the the phone rebooted fine and was working fine with almost 70% charge.

Now the most Dangerous part! After around 2/3 months usage the Battery will experience Swelling all of a sudden and in the process will bend your Handset Screen outwards (Uneven screen raised outwards from the handset). This happens because the battery swells and looks like a flat pillow and can not fit inside and as a result bends your expensive handset. Samsung should start a product recall immediately and replace all the handsets!!!!
    RageRoids and RobTheJones like this.
    10-13-2013 03:20 AM
    I had this issue when I limited the data in the background for Facebook. Which still makes no sense to me but it was the only common denominator between the few times it happened.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    10-13-2013 05:00 AM

Now the most Dangerous part! After around 2/3 months usage the Battery will experience Swelling all of a sudden and in the process will bend your Handset Screen outwards (Uneven screen raised outwards from the handset). This happens because the battery swells and looks like a flat pillow and can not fit inside and as a result bends your expensive handset. Samsung should start a product recall immediately and replace all the handsets!!!!
    30% seems pretty high but It doesn't surprise me, just look through this forum with endless people complaining of battery issues.

Go to an iPhone forum and hardly anyone's complaining about battery percentage fluctuating.

I already took out my battery last week when I ran my fingers across it and it wasn't flat, I am using my iPhone until I get my 3rd party battery.
    10-13-2013 07:03 PM
    Mine is just restarting i cant open my phone to back up it what to do!!!!!
    10-17-2013 02:37 PM
    Make sure it a battery issue first and not a rogue app. Restore the phone if you get desperate. Plug the charger in.

The battery problem occurs by shutting down the phone when doing anything heavy and the battery percentage % skipping down.
    Btw the restarting problem is similar but not the same as it shutting off.
    10-17-2013 04:34 PM
    dude, did you solved the problem? my phone started rebooting and after reboot, battery is 0%. BUT battery was charged about 75% before reboot.. please help me...
    10-24-2013 05:35 AM
    I bought the Samsung Multimedia Dock (Model EDD-S20EWE) on eBay, docked the S4, and it kept rebooting every few minutes. I unplugged it after about the 5th time. I don't think I will be using the dock anymore; unfortunately, I don't think I can return it. At least, I hope I didn't ruin the phone. I've plugged the phone directly to the cable and so-far-so-good. It has not rebooted on its own again.
    10-25-2013 12:04 PM
    dude, did you solved the problem? my phone started rebooting and after reboot, battery is 0%. BUT battery was charged about 75% before reboot.. please help me...
    Yup, I fixed my problem.

I bought 2 Anker batterys from Amazon. They are really good. It fixed it.. better than new.

Samsung also sent me a battery. I have batterys everywhere now
    Hana Demiri likes this.
    10-25-2013 07:28 PM
    Guys. I face the same problem. My s4 starts rebooting randomly and gets stuck on 'Samsung Galaxy S4 ' logo. It gets stuck there and then reboots again and again. What to do? Sometimes when i put in the battery it automatically powers on without me pressing the power button. Could it be a software issue? Should i install the official firmware from odin? HELP!!
    Jennie Champken likes this.
    10-25-2013 09:50 PM
    I have had my Samsung s4 about 3 months,it told me new software was available, I updated it, every since this update, my phone is constantly rebooting especially during a text..this is so frustrating, like 8 times in last 2 days,I always charge it at nite even go to bed. Charges fast and fine, but after update it reboots. Actually froze once with a android on it with a "x" on it. I pulled battery and put back out was working, but now still continues to reboot, it never did this until I updated software. Anyone else's done this? Thanks, Nicky
    10-26-2013 01:15 AM
    The same happened with my Samsung S4 4G LTE as well. I removed the battery and the SIM for 10 minutes it worked, but the issue still persist as the phone still restarts by itself. The issue was faced first time when I upgraded the phone S/W to the latest version before that I don't recall that I faced any of such issue. I am now taking the backup to reset the phone to factory default to see if it resolves. Was not expecting this from Samsung..
    10-26-2013 01:24 AM
    Hi all, just replace the battery with new one solved the problem? i got same issue here, just charged with 90% battery left, but suddenly keep restarting...
    Please advise
    10-27-2013 05:40 AM
153 1234 ...